Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Feedback that I haven't really thought through: Every active thread in D&D needs an IK (active being, I guess, two pages back?). From PMs Koos has indicated that some threads have relaxed rules, and some of those threads also don't have IKs, which means they have a higher chance of permanent degradation because there's no one ostensibly responsible for keeping the thread "functioning". Obviously some relaxed-rules threads work fine as they are, in which case I don't think having an IK would cause any problems (up until they finally go insane from other causes). Other threads, though, IMO really have a degraded discussion because it's too easy to shitpost and be hostile.

I think assigning IKs to all threads may also encourage new threads - if an OP is assured that someone will be at least paying a little attention and ensuring the rules are followed a little, they may be encouraged to take the actual step of creating a ne thread. I feel that over the years the success rate of new threads has been low partly because that lack of attention means that people can easily poo poo the thread up in a hurry and while it's in early stages. I want to note that I would hesitate to make OPs the IK, and probably discourage that, since they are likely biased in favor of their views or interests that prompted the thread in the first place.

You also get the benefit of a larger pool of future moderator candidates, assuming that isn't a curse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU