Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Koos Group posted:

What occurs in C-SPAM is a C-SPAM issue that I do not have jurisdiction over. There is already a rule in D&D that one can't post here while posting about the conversation elsewhere, to avoid trolling or quote farming, and that rule is fully enforced as far as I know. In addition, in the several years that C-SPAM has been mocking D&D, it has never lead to anything happening to any D&D posters irl, and using the forums for doxxing or IRL harassment is already a permabannable offense.

I feel like having one-sided rules of "you can't mock them but they can mock you" is only going to breed extra resentment instead of defuse it like the rule was originally intended when it was implemented. Since it was, well, intended to be mirrored in C-SPAM, but they've dropped the rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Google Jeb Bush posted:

koos covered it but I wish to be quite clear and concise on this one:

No.

Just to be clear, I agree with not getting rid of the rule. It should be instituted all around again and cracked down on even harder than it currently is. Especially in D&D. My post was just commenting on the fact that leaving things to fester without doing anything causes long-term issues, even if short-term it is a good idea. I actually don’t have a good idea on how to fix it beyond “make sure all the mods are on the same page”.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 5, 2023