Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Eason the Fifth posted:

Give all D&D posters the ability to probe each other for 6 hours. If you really don't like someone you can probe them and they can probe you back! This will improve the discourse.

The only solution to a bad poster with a probe is a good poster with a probe :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

To be honest speaking to Irish goons has been a great way to learn about Ireland in a way you can't get in the UK because of our terrible whitewashed education system. Hell, even Northern Ireland, supposedly part of the UK, I have to learn from NI goons calmly explaining why I'm dumb, poo poo and wrong.

Speaking for all the Irish goons itt, we have been systematically lying to you for years about what Ireland is actually all about. Partially as a joke, but also we have a kind of Wakanda thing going on over here

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

Nice try Imagineer but I know that's blackface.

I wish I could say you were wrong...

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jose Valasquez posted:

My feedback is that saying hitler had a point about the jews should be more than a 1 day probe

In that particular case, poster was so immediately shamed by the entire thread that they haven't posted there again. Not sure if they're still posting elsewhere on the forums, but...kinda seems like job is done unless you're arguing that this should be a perma? Which would also be fair and understandable, but in this case thread consensus produced a result better than a probe.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

VitalSigns posted:

So the problem with joking that the Holocaust was a good idea is the "joking" part?

If they had instead put it forth as a serious thesis with supporting arguments backed by citations to historical writings on the Jewish Question, would that fly in the name of not stifling debate?

And if so, why was the "mods enjoy eating their own feces" thread closed, that is certainly a position which is open to falsification and therefore possible for reasonable people to debate, yet you seemed to have no trouble determining what is right or wrong to argue there

You've done it - your inescapable logic has trapped the mods in the Phantom Zone and you are now the King of Posting