Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

As a lurker, I'd say that the main reason that I very rarely post is that I'm usually a bit late, and even if I think I've managed to come up with something interesting to add, by the time I read the thread it has already been said, or I feel like it's been too long to bring it back up. As opposed to trying to avoid hostility or something like that.

I think that D&D has been managing to have relatively serious discussion about topics, without getting too serious. Sometimes I find myself skimming and skipping posts for a few pages when arguments get repetitive and/or circular, and that seems like the biggest issue to me? I don't think that more probations need to be issue for that, but I would like to see mods/IKs engage in the discussion constructively to help move it along when that starts to happen, and I think that that does happen but it could happen more often. I agree that the feedback threads should stay open much longer, possibly indefinitely, and at least until some sort of resolution or progress is achieved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU