Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Victar posted:

I think DV should start with a trial period as an IK with a pathway to moderation if their work is acceptable.

Koos says that the mods are being hit with floods of reports. DV is complaining that the mods aren't reading the forum or responding sufficiently to reports, which could be true given the high post volume that some threads generate, notably the I/P thread right now, and the USCE thread whenever it's election time.

The mods need help. DV for IK and potential mod.

Any other volunteers? I would not mod D&D even if it paid money. And I mean a lot of money. Much, much more than the $0 an hour that D&D mods are presumably being paid.

IKs can't read reports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The CSPAM quote farming gets a lot of heat simply because you can actually see it on here.

I mean, it's a well-known fact that there are off-site discords for d&d regulars to complain about their posting enemies and how unfair it is that they're allowed to disagree with the thread regulars without catching a ban for hurting their feelings or to coordinate report dogpiles to at least try to make it happen.

But, that's off-site, so there's nothing to be realistically done about that.

But a syq in the succ zone? Even if you scrub the names, you can still see people making fun of your dumb poo poo genocide apologia takes or whatever opinions you have that can't stand any form of disagreement or ridicule.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

socialsecurity posted:

Well-known or a well repeated lie? I here lots of conspiracy theories about secret discords and but it always is just nonsense. You are trying to compare something we can all see with some imaginary enemy you've invented. Hell a semi-official USPOL Discord exists that was created during the initial Lowtax troubles, they actually ban talking about the forums 99% of the time.

The off-site DnD discords have been repeatedly confirmed, usually in relation to someone in CSPAM getting doxxed or otherwise targeted for harassment.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

They've been sincere the whole time and it's hilarious that you've retreated to the D&D mod mainstay of forumbanning when you're losing the argument

To be fair, "If you don't admit that I'm right then I'm going to ban you for trolling" is pretty accurate in terms of what the most vocal D&D posters actually want, which has always been the biggest problem over the years.
And there's no real way to satisfy that because there are too many "normal" posters who just want to keep up on current events and shoot the poo poo with each other a little bit without basing all of their self worth on how many internet arguments they think they've won, and enough of them would be put off posting here if D&D became the echo chamber that most of the "I demand the rules be enforced with an iron fist" posters actually want it to be.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

I think that's totally fair, for the record, and I promise I won't complain if I'm probated :). The only reason I posted it is because it does, in my opinion, make one question that particular poster's motives (along with the motives of several similar posters): they continue to post in this subforum despite greatly disliking basically everything about it, and then their "feedback" consists of accusing the mods of behaviors that they themselves demonstrated when they had mod powers.

You really need to provide some evidence or stop trying to spread this blatant lie.

And I'm really not sure what point you think you were making by posting me saying the same thing in two different forums other than your desperate attempt to stir up some cross-forum drama.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

socialsecurity posted:

I feel this is a two way street on evidence. To bring this more to the D&D feedback level I think more enforcement on baseless claims in general would help, making points without any sort of evidence or backing leads to pointless circular arguments.

Nix Panicus posted:

Its worth noting that the D&D discord did have a goon mock channel that became so toxic it had to be shut down, and also the D&D discord plotted to remove mods they didnt like.

Every accusation about external coordination is a confession, because the most miserable posters of D&D have absolutely done the same. They imagine themselves brave fighters for truth and freedom against an unrelenting unruly mob

Koos Group posted:

I must reiterate that I would like feedback to be about current issues and not old drama.

Your turn.

I'm dropping this conversation since I'm probably already on the verge of catching a probe for keeping it going anyways, and I really shouldn't have anything to prove to a repeat liar to begin with.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

James Garfield posted:

I think the US politics thread has electoralism derails because people don't get probed for posting about posters as reliably if they call the posters they're posting about "the liberals" (that might also work with "the leftists" but nobody does that)

Electoralism derails mainly happen because a lot of Twitter people whose opinions carry some sort of weight/follower count enjoy votescolding as a tactic or it otherwise comes up in discussion in relation to something else.
"Sure, you can vote third party, but that just proves you hate LGBT people and are fine with them being hunted for sport to maintain your moral superiority", which inevitably prompts further discussion and subsequently arguments about the personal character of our various posting enemies on either side of the issue.

That said, I do agree it needs it's containment thread brought back and enforced, because it is a well beaten horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jaxyon posted:

- Combine C-Spam with D&D. You either sink or swim.

It's funny because CSPAM originally was a D&D subforum.
It got split into it's own forum either because the very serious debate havers couldn't abide there being a section for shitposting, or the shitposters were tired of people trying to apply the serious debate rules to the shitpost forum; one or the other/some combination of both.