Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Sheffield United have accumulated 1 (one) point through 10 premier league games this season.

They spent the summer after being promoted selling all their best players and not replacing them so the outlook for the season is bleak to say the least. They have scored the fewest goals and conceded the most of anyone in the league so far (7 scored, 29 conceded)

The premier league record for lowest points in a season is 11 points, by Derby County in 2007/08. This is them celebrating their sole win of the season against Newcastle:

Derby 07/08 also hold the record for fewest goals scored (20) and most goals conceded in a 38 game season (89). More than one record up for grabs.

The football league record for lowest points in a season is 8 points, jointly held by Doncaster Rovers (1904/05) and Loughborough (1899/00). Both in the second division and back when you only got two points for a win so they were extra poo poo.

This is a season ticket from that Donny Rovers season. You would imagine H. White did not renew the following year, but he did get to see his team win 3 games, two more than Derby managed.

This thread will serve as a record of Sheffield United's efforts to break a premier league record and is for all fans who want to cheer on a side on course to achieve footballing immortality. It is not a mean-spirited thread but rather an attempt to find some joy in watching a side who've been hollowed out and whose owners are happy to just take the premier league money and go back down without making a go of it

How many points will the Blades get? What will their final goal difference be? Can they go a full season without a win? We shall see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They will get a win against Chelsea

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I predict 9 points, breaking Derby's record but not quite giving us an all-time record for worst English team ever.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bold of the OP to pluralize point in the thread title

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
it is important to note early in this thread that their manager's name is Paul Heckingbottom, or as I call him, Paul Heckingbottomofthetable

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
grim news lads

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Shrapnig posted:

Bold of the OP to pluralize point in the thread title

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
well done op, you jinxed it. yeah real great thanks 👍

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Ending the match with four times as many points as you started it? It's a big ask, but if they can keep that up then 72,057,594,037,927,900 points are on the table.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Now Bournemouth are mathematically one match week away from going bottom that's got to have lit more of a fire under Iraola

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

nawilo_420 posted:

well done op, you jinxed it. yeah real great thanks 👍

A stinging blow to be sure but the record is still on

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Scoring late on is a pretty big step forward for them

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.
A win and our own thread.
Truly...we are blessed.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:

the sex ghost posted:

A stinging blow to be sure but the record is still on

its true... I still believe

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
5 points (count em). No longer the shittest team in the league. Rename thread Burnley points watch

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I thought Burnley would be fine but I guess Kompany is just another BALD FRAUD

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Rename thread Everton and Burnley points watch

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Hopefully City as well :twisted:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Someone post that Paul jewell photo. You know the one

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Jose posted:

Someone post that Paul jewell photo. You know the one

RAM-PANT please no one post the photo

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I always get Paul Jewell and Malky Mackay, as both of whom had funny scandals, mixed up

sticksy fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 20, 2023

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Finn posted:

RAM-PANT please no one post the photo

Thank you for confirming who it was without seeing it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Another game in the books and one more step towards immortality

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
At the current rate they might avoid breaking the points record but they are going to absolutely smash the GD and goals against records

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

It's funny because it's Sheffield United

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is Scott Parker still available

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

Is Scott Parker still available

Scott Parker the Bus haha no but seriously he is not a good manager

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

As a Wednesday fan.

Lol

Lmao, even.

people in glass houses should not throw stones, see ya not next year cos we'll be league one but maybe in the next 5

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.
The BBC have put up an article titled "can sheffield united stay up with a new manager?"

and it's completely blank.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

vyelkin posted:

Scott Parker the Bus haha no but seriously he is not a good manager

He's got a lovely bum though.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Mrenda posted:

He's got a lovely bum though.

You are confusing him with Branislav Ivanovic

edit: was looking up something on his wiki page and :stare:

quote:

Looking back on the beginning of the player's accomplished career, OFK Beograd's general manager Zvezdan Terzić, who signed Ivanović at age nineteen from the lower-league FK Srem, stated:

"I noticed him in Sremska Mitrovica, witnessing physical dispositions no other white footballer had. The way he jumped, the way he guarded the ball, his sheer physical power, his step, and initial speed, I had only seen black players with such abilities before. He was a traditional healthy peasant child. He didn't have much footballing ability and awareness yet, but we gave him time and he eventually became a great player".

sticksy fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 6, 2023

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

sticksy posted:

You are confusing him with Branislav Ivanovic

Googled "Branislav Ivanovic bum pics" and he's got a nice bum.

But I googled "Scott Parker bum pics" and let me first tell you, his bum is unappreciated. But secondly, his cardigans!!! My god the man can rock a cardigan his Mum bought him. Like James Bond with a Horlicks and a game of Cluedo. I'm already picking out my Christmas slippers.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mrenda posted:

But I googled "Scott Parker bum pics" and let me first tell you, his bum is unappreciated. But secondly, his cardigans!!! My god the man can rock a cardigan his Mum bought him. Like James Bond with a Horlicks and a game of Cluedo. I'm already picking out my Christmas slippers.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
No new manager bounce when you hire an old manager apparently

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mrenda posted:

he looks like he should be a spitfire pilot imo

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:siren: sheffield are into double digits :siren:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lock the thread it's over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Barry Shitpeas posted:

At the current rate they might avoid breaking the points record but they are going to absolutely smash the GD and goals against records

this is still on though