Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Namtab)

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
DQ for over the top rope tosses is some old NWA stuff they hadn’t yet got rid of, but thank god they let people go off the top rope, which was one of the most ridiculous Bill Watts decisions outside of costing the company a lot of money for racism lawsuits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

TheSwizzler posted:

DQ for over the top rope tosses is some old NWA stuff they hadn’t yet got rid of, but thank god they let people go off the top rope, which was one of the most ridiculous Bill Watts decisions outside of costing the company a lot of money for racism lawsuits

why had they not removed it yet? easy way to book dqs?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
They probably just forgot they can change the rules.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

who is bill watts

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Booked mid south for a long time, later in charge of WCW. Had a distinctly “old school” mentality and did things like banning moves off the top rope, also got fired for making racist remarks and pissing of Hank Aaron who was a turner exec at the time

(My mistake, the lawsuits came after Watts and Sonny Oono and others got a huge payday)

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but I will before the next one. Sorry

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Watching now, doing the sabu taunt irl

e: DQ'd for putting himself through the grossest table I've ever seen. What an opener

the sex ghost fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 15, 2023

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Cool main event, the dual no sells were fully sick. Guess I'm watching fall brawl to make sure luger doesn't betray the boys

Big fan of kevin sullivan threatening to kill some kid in the crowd with his spear

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

how dare you make me look like an authority

that's my best guess. i don't know when wcw dropped it but i assume it would be to compete with wwf having people doing crazy poo poo. once people are diving off ladders a top rope DQ looks pretty silly

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

Had to rewatch this one because I dozed off, but it was pretty good!

I remember how rarely (according to my vague recollection at least) Sabu showed up on ECW on TNN, that it was a treat when he did. The Nitro match was cool too and it reminded me how years later there was the brief fear that Sabu was going to jump from WCW to ECW near the end of both's lifespans. I remember the joke that Sabu was going to become "Impressive, defensive, offense".

Also, that Fall Brawl match was on a "Best of Fall Brawl" VHS I had.

Greekonomics fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 16, 2023

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If you want to do some extra curricular viewing Pillman v Johnny b badd at fall brawl is a pro-watch. Made up to see either of these guys v Sting

e: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz8x7q if you're not a deviant who keeps paying for the network because you forget to cancel it

the sex ghost fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 17, 2023

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I didn't forget to cancel it. i love it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Monday Nitro - 18th November 1995

WCW World Tag Team Title Match - Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray) (w/Sister Sherri) (c) vs. American Males (Marcus Alexander Bagwell & Scotty Riggs)
Singles Match - Johnny B. Badd vs. Paul Orndorff
Singles Match - Flyin' Brian vs. Ric Flair

Notes: WCW Fall Brawl: Wargames happens prior to this episode

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Remember that there's still a contest to design a logo. So far we have had one (1) entry.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Namtab posted:

Notes: WCW Fall Brawl: Wargames happens prior to this episode

Not watched this week's episode yet but (fall brawl spoilers)Hulk Hogan legitimately died when the Giant snapped his loving neck so lex might be waiting a bit for his title shot

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

An okay nitro. Mr wonderful and his new theme are amazing. The macho promo was great, big fan of the dungeon of doom just outright trying to kill guys now. Congratulations to new tag team champions the american males. Main event was basically nothing, but after watching fall brawl I'm ready for flair and arn to go at it again so I am hyped for next week

I give this nitro a 3 out of 5

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fall Brawl was a 10/10 ppv

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

It has everything that made 1995 WCW essential viewing

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Real good matches and also hype stuff like the mr wonderful promo

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Cliffhanger ending too. Is he dead?

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

the giant is big

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
His fingers are deeply unsettling

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK9IY8r2aF4

I'm glad mr wonderful remembered that he was wonderful. Thank you Gary Spivey

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

the commentators always screaming is kinda tiring to listen to

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

A weaker nitro compared to the first two. Everyone seems a bit tired and off their game and it really affected the quality of the wrestling. On the upside everything involving savage was great, the flair vs Anderson angle owns and I’m into some of these feuds.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

watched the excellent wm30 wyatt entrance again and got mad about how bad the finish to the match was

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Standard bray wyatt feud in which he does a bunch of cool promos then is destroyed by the hero and never gets to win anything

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Monday Nitro - 25th November 1995

Singles Match - Alex Wright vs. Disco Inferno
Singles Match - Kurasawa (w/Col. Robert Parker) vs. Sgt. Craig Pittman
Singles Match - Randy Savage vs. The Taskmaster (w/Zodiac)
Singles Match - Lex Luger vs. Meng

Strong card tonight.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sgt Pittman is the superstar of the month and thus under my protection

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Namtab posted:

Sgt Pittman is the superstar of the month and thus under my protection

Him rappelling from the ceiling at fall brawl and doing the mgs crawl under the ropes was unbelievably cool

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

does the weekend tv show wcw was doing at the time matter at all?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Saturday Night was at one time the main show but with Nitro coming around it was downgraded to a secondary show, sometimes stories would be moved forward on Saturdays still but anything major would typically be recapped on Nitro, within a few years it'll become the home of legends like Roadblock and Jimmy Graffiti

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

TheSwizzler posted:

Saturday Night was at one time the main show but with Nitro coming around it was downgraded to a secondary show, sometimes stories would be moved forward on Saturdays still but anything major would typically be recapped on Nitro, within a few years it'll become the home of legends like Roadblock and Jimmy Graffiti

maybe its a difference between countries but having your main show be on a monday seems very weird to me
here all big tv shows are on friday and saturday

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The "main" show is the PPVs which were on saturdays

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Glad that Hogan hasn't missed a workout since getting his head twisted clean off

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

You can recover from being murdered with the power of Hulkamania

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Hulkamania could cure cancer. Too bad the Hulkster, instead, uses it to stay in perfect shape and invincible.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Really good show, extremely hyped for luger/savage #1 contender and also lex's career for some reason match in Denver next week. Also Malenko will be there :letsgo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
This nitro did a 2.7 rating compared to the *sigh, rolls eyes* other show which did a 1.9. No results in case you want to watch that garbage

quote:

Singles Match
Marty Jannetty v Skip (w/Sunny)

WON: ***1/4
WWF World Tag Team Title Match
Owen Hart & Yokozuna (w/Jim Cornette & Mr. Fuji) (c) v The Smoking Gunns (Bart Gunn & Billy Gunn)

Singles Match
The British Bulldog (w/Jim Cornette) v The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer)

hot shotting the belts on TV, Vince doing anything to try and pop a rating :sad:

ECW for 26/9/95:

quote:

Singles Match
Hack Myers v JT Smith

Six Man Tag Team Match
Jason Knight & The Eliminators (John Kronus & Perry Saturn) v Taz & The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner)

WON: ****1/4
Singles Match
Rey Misterio Jr. v Psicosis

This episode is not on the network but will probably be somewhere on the internet. Sounds fully sick