Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

It is a matter of record that she smelled like cat piss and cigarettes.

That's old lady Ayn Rand. What about 26 year old just moved into a studio by the beach Ayn Rand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Anthem us the worst book I've ever read, and I read World War Z

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Anthem us the worst book I've ever read, and I read World War Z

The gently caress??? WWZ is a fun book.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

redshirt posted:

"He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.”

Big Smother

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Bad Purchase posted:

there used to be a ton of these in a big twitter thread, but i don't have an account anymore so no idea if they're all still around, but here's one

https://twitter.com/NoChorus/status/1028367700941303808

e: probably from this, start around 1m in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pevgyB12RMQ&t=62s

Kyle Gass fell on hard times.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

redshirt posted:

That's old lady Ayn Rand. What about 26 year old just moved into a studio by the beach Ayn Rand?

even young ayn rand looked like a fuckin horseshoe no i will not apologize

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

her writing sucks and her philosophy isn't realistic

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Toxic Mental posted:

idk I played Bioshock, seemed realistic.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

i can write 1000 pages of dumb horseshit, too, as evidenced by this very website. nobody gives a gently caress. that's how it should have stayed.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chief McHeath posted:

even young ayn rand looked like a fuckin horseshoe no i will not apologize

Some people are just born assholes and it begins aging them immediately

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

john galt: don't gently caress with other people's poo poo, don't inconvenience others

libertarians: this john galt guy's "gently caress other people, get yours at any cost" philosophy really speaks to me!

any rand: yes exactly

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Ayn't My Author

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Didn't Ayn Rand put a bell on her husband so that she knew where he was at all times?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tarkus posted:

Didn't Ayn Rand put a bell on her husband so that she knew where he was at all times?

uh who doesn't?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tarkus posted:

Ayn Rand in a Daisy Duke outfit gathering water from the stream....

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
That's gross.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
can't spell Grand Canyon without Any Rand

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Looked it up, she had her husband put a bell on his shoe so she wouldn't be surprised by his entrance on her having sex with somebody 25 years her junior. Whether it's true or not, I'd err on the side of it being true.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
There was also the time when Ayn Rand was a stripper and they announced her with "are you ready to get Ayn Randy?" but it didn't last long because she would simply go to the people in the room and simply take their wallets to fund her addiction to Funkopops. "John Galt would approve!" she'd screech any time someone would try to protect their wallet from her.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
little do people know but Ayn Rand once tried her hand at producing cartoons under her pseudonym Galt Jisney.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

She is also the inspiration for the character of 'Randy' from the hit Canadian show 'Trailer Park Boys'

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Put your hands together for Ayn Randy Rand

*Def Lepard plays

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I'm also angry all the time. Hell, made a thread about it yesterday. Ya know what I didn't do? Be the rear end in a top hat who invented Libertarianism. You know why? Because Ayn Rand beat me to it. Being a child as an adult sounds really cool until you are the child, or the adult. Anyway she sucks and I'm glad she's dead

she didn't invent libertarianism, she invented objectivism which is somehow worse

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Ayn Rand would 100% be a loud supporter of Effective Altruism these days.

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

emSparkly posted:

Ok so I'm not the only one who interpreted it as an objectivist tract, good.

Whether or not Kurt Vonnegut wanted me to feel bad about the Randian superman being brought down by the big bad equality enforcing government, it doesn't change the fact that he made that idea look really stupid. So, good job I guess.

my interpretation was that vonnegut was making the point that even if a hypothetical randian superman rose up, he'd be buried and memoryholed by the system, like, immediately. vonnegut was a pessimist

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
A new detective show gets made, they investigate the murders of people in the arts, like writers or painters. Each one more bizarre than the last. You could have Ayn Rand and Kirk Vonnegut be the main duo.

Kirk could have the catchphrase, "Call it my Vonnegut feeling..." and Rand can be the punchline in every scene. The wacky guy in the office that never seems to actually work can be Hunter S Thompson, and you can have the chief be, like, JRR Tolkien.

George RR Martin is the guy working cold cases saying he'll finish them soon, he swears.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I randomly read Anthem when I was 13 and just thought it was some weird scifi book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

ayn rand would be a chud