Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

It really is like a tremendous miscast.

It’s cool that they want Asian actors to play the MCs of the LAD game dubs, but also just get Keith David, please just hire Keith David, his voice isn’t even that far off from Kuroda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Tbh his Franky is one of the few things of him I’m not fond of from the clips I’ve seen, it just sounds kinda…surly? Like they told him to sound almost mean in Water 7 since he starts off as a bad guy and never told him to dial it back when he’s a good guy. Dude is generally pretty great though, especially at voice direction, which feels like a super underrated part of dubs along with script adaptation.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah good read yeah, lol that Ein is voiced by Spike’s seiyuu though.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

SungWon Cho getting the dream job of not having to match mouth flaps with Senshi.

He got to voice the coolass decrepit mouth less murder robot in goated anime Pluto too, and almost ended his channel because his voice acting career was becoming too time consuming, so he’s basically riding high, you love to see it.

Even if this part must be obnoxious, lol.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s a common thing I’m pretty sure lol, there’s a reason there’s like a dozen dub actors in his thread agreeing.