Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

remembering wampalord writing a 5 paragraph essay when he stepped down as IK after two weeks lol

lol do u have the quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
its gotta be findable in the search, think exmarx always whipped it out

speng31b
May 8, 2010

someone from the succ thread was syqing the WaPo comments section today....

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Finally, a place I can talk poo poo about Main Painframe

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

speng31b posted:

someone from the succ thread was syqing the WaPo comments section today....

better than twitter

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
also my bad, wampalord didnt resign after two weeks. it was 18 hours lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

remembering wampalord writing a 5 paragraph essay when he stepped down as IK after two weeks lol

yeah everyone went nuts over that

my only defense is that it was a weird time, work busy season and the PPJ saga collided

Homeless Friend posted:

it was definitely longer than that, not a lot longer, but I had IKed the bernie thread for a week or two before all the insanity popped off

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

Well they had to write the essay first

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
We often joke a lot here about politics, and memes like “don’t trust the liberals, they will always betray you” have become part of the forums culture and consensus. Well, folks, those memes aren’t just jokes.

Take all of this as an incredibly abject lesson in how political power plays out. Yes, of course I realize that I’m talking about posts on an internet forum and not “real life” politics but this whole thing is such a perfect microcosm of what’s going on in the world politically these days that I can’t help but find it all extremely educational.

My hope is that President Bernie Sanders is the first small step we take towards possibly unfucking our country and society. I am and always will be an optimist at heart; I know that flies in the face of the inherent cynicism of Something Awful, but that time has passed. The mentality of “lol why do you care?” when applied to something that has life or death stakes is a poisonous one, but I can see why it’s practically impossible to separate it from this forum at this point. Many posters seem to cling to the forums status quo as comfort and think that changing the forums too much will invite disaster. I think that the community should grow and adapt with the times.

I keep coming back to that word. Community. Because that’s exactly what we are and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Digital spaces are quickly becoming just as important as real ones, and this subforum has led countless posters into the world of real life political activism. poo poo this subforum has a decent chance of being fundamental to the election of a loving Senator (Go Jess! Keep up the work Nichael!)

Never let anyone tell you that you don’t matter or that it’s pointless to fight for a cause or care about politics. Let the passions of your hearts burn strong.

Solidarity forever, goons.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

We often joke a lot here about politics, and memes like “don’t trust the liberals, they will always betray you” have become part of the forums culture and consensus. Well, folks, those memes aren’t just jokes.

Take all of this as an incredibly abject lesson in how political power plays out. Yes, of course I realize that I’m talking about posts on an internet forum and not “real life” politics but this whole thing is such a perfect microcosm of what’s going on in the world politically these days that I can’t help but find it all extremely educational.

My hope is that President Bernie Sanders is the first small step we take towards possibly unfucking our country and society. I am and always will be an optimist at heart; I know that flies in the face of the inherent cynicism of Something Awful, but that time has passed. The mentality of “lol why do you care?” when applied to something that has life or death stakes is a poisonous one, but I can see why it’s practically impossible to separate it from this forum at this point. Many posters seem to cling to the forums status quo as comfort and think that changing the forums too much will invite disaster. I think that the community should grow and adapt with the times.

I keep coming back to that word. Community. Because that’s exactly what we are and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Digital spaces are quickly becoming just as important as real ones, and this subforum has led countless posters into the world of real life political activism. poo poo this subforum has a decent chance of being fundamental to the election of a loving Senator (Go Jess! Keep up the work Nichael!)

Never let anyone tell you that you don’t matter or that it’s pointless to fight for a cause or care about politics. Let the passions of your hearts burn strong.

lmao

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ah, back when i had hope, sure got burned hard on that

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

hasta siempre,

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
its not the same without the big nixon peace sign getting into the helicopter image

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

WampaLord posted:

ah, back when i had hope, sure got burned hard on that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYzn2EJGQdI

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

honestly the funniest part of the whole thing was how I was accused of being someone who wanted to doxx all the mods because I said I would post screenshots of PPJ's bullshit if I had access to the mod forum (which I never had)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
cspam ppl believing ppj was a nazi for real is extremely funny because as me and rask have said multiple times: hes a major league dumbass lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

Any DnD poster feel like flaming this? Hello? Prime rib right there on the table before you, take a bite nobody'll stop you

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
now somebody post the Jeffrey indeed quote. we have to do the history justice

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Homeless Friend posted:

cspam ppl believing ppj was a nazi for real is extremely funny because as me and rask have said multiple times: hes a major league dumbass lol

it's mostly just funny to claim the pet tax was for hitler

*does a radical kickflip*

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
jeffrey and ppj thought they were M and 007 respectively; for real

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Any DnD poster feel like flaming this? Hello? Prime rib right there on the table before you, take a bite nobody'll stop you

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ohtori Akio posted:

hasta siempre,

loving lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Go Jess! Keep up the work Nichael!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Homeless Friend posted:

He may have been an idiot but you gotta admit he was useful

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Homeless Friend posted:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

hello to all the d&d people who've posted so far (everyone before me). I wish you peace

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

WampaLord posted:

honestly the funniest part of the whole thing was how I was accused of being someone who wanted to doxx all the mods because I said I would post screenshots of PPJ's bullshit if I had access to the mod forum (which I never had)

why dont you have a knuckles avatar anymore

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Megamissen posted:

why dont you have a knuckles avatar anymore

stopped smoking smart weed

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

D&D posters, welcome. Please take your shoes off and make yourself at home.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch
throw the shoes at george bush

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

FirstnameLastname posted:

throw the shoes at george bush

This could be interpreted as hostile to D&D posters, who may revere George Bush as 'one of the good ones' who kept the country safe

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I'm from cspam and I say ban em all!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

what about posters who are neither D&D nor CSPAM regulars, can I flame you both?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Welcome to our soon to be new friends from d and d. Cspam is a forum where you can relax and have a good time with your friends and also flame the regulars. It's all in good fun here in cspam, particularly mocking the poo poo out of us, which I would encourage you to do.

If you are perhaps nervous this is a trap, a honeypot as they call it, I can attest to the love our idiot king speng has for the rules, which clearly say flaming is encouraged. So flame away!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
to all the haters.

I love you

*big wet smooch*

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
im a big fan of peace, peace threads, and peace amongst forums

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Dreylad posted:

im a big fan of peace

please don’t say things that will make dnd guests uncomfortable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Fajita Queen posted:

what about posters who are neither D&D nor CSPAM regulars, can I flame you both?

You may, and you have my sword