Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
page 2 legendary thread

edit: fuc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

smarxist posted:

page 2 legendary thread

:wrong:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

hi, friends :D

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
you can flame but please do NOT troll thank you

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

when a cspam dork goes into d&d to "debate" politics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9dse435zPM&t=72s

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
yep, its like throwing a baby in the lions den and blaming the lion

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I'm a D&D regular

I'm a Games regular

I'm a GBS regular

I'm a PYF regular

and yes, I'm a SAD regular

we exist, and we are valid

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I came for the flames.

Where are the flames?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Homeless Friend posted:

jeffrey and ppj thought they were M and 007 respectively; for real

don't forget Q-ala's March

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Ty for making this thread op. I am sure we will have truth and reconciliation out of it.:hai:

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

smarxist posted:

page 2 legendary thread

edit: fuc

Haha

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

I'm ol sakkman and I've posted exclusively tormpo for years. Don't look at my post history

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
what’s up… LOSERS!!!!!! :zaeed:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Hello.

I reqlly have no reason to flame anyone. I’ve enjoyed posts from C-SPAM regulars in other forums.

It kinda sucks our opinions on Ukraine and Russia differ so much!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Mokotow posted:

Hello.

I reqlly have no reason to flame anyone. I’ve enjoyed posts from C-SPAM regulars in other forums.

It kinda sucks our opinions on Ukraine and Russia differ so much!

I offer a compromise

I will no longer kiss putin on the lips

I will smooch him on the cheeks.

With this compromise, I extend my hand out in peace

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

this is a fair offer habibi

I’ll keep blowing Zelenski but it’ll be half-hearted

Mokotow has issued a correction as of 11:30 on Nov 7, 2023

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

We often joke a lot here about politics, and memes like “don’t trust the liberals, they will always betray you” have become part of the forums culture and consensus. Well, folks, those memes aren’t just jokes.

Take all of this as an incredibly abject lesson in how political power plays out. Yes, of course I realize that I’m talking about posts on an internet forum and not “real life” politics but this whole thing is such a perfect microcosm of what’s going on in the world politically these days that I can’t help but find it all extremely educational.

My hope is that President Bernie Sanders is the first small step we take towards possibly unfucking our country and society. I am and always will be an optimist at heart; I know that flies in the face of the inherent cynicism of Something Awful, but that time has passed. The mentality of “lol why do you care?” when applied to something that has life or death stakes is a poisonous one, but I can see why it’s practically impossible to separate it from this forum at this point. Many posters seem to cling to the forums status quo as comfort and think that changing the forums too much will invite disaster. I think that the community should grow and adapt with the times.

I keep coming back to that word. Community. Because that’s exactly what we are and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Digital spaces are quickly becoming just as important as real ones, and this subforum has led countless posters into the world of real life political activism. poo poo this subforum has a decent chance of being fundamental to the election of a loving Senator (Go Jess! Keep up the work Nichael!)

Never let anyone tell you that you don’t matter or that it’s pointless to fight for a cause or care about politics. Let the passions of your hearts burn strong.

Solidarity forever, goons.

jfc

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Reserved

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Wait, we have a politoon thread?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

BrotherJayne posted:

it's where Some Guy TT posts the absolute worst poo poo you've ever seen but in cartoon form instead of his usual long read copy-pasted articles

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

John Charity Spring posted:

it's where Some Guy TT posts the absolute worst poo poo you've ever seen but in cartoon form instead of his usual long read copy-pasted articles

Sounds like the sort of thread AiT would poo poo up, but in a good way

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I’ve been called a lib and a tankie within recent memory. A politics poster without a forum :(

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Making our new friends feel welcome

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I'm a D&D regular

I'm a Games regular

I'm a GBS regular

I'm a PYF regular

I'm gonna kick your rear end

speng31b
May 8, 2010

goth smoking cloves posted:

Making our new friends feel welcome

hmm...i dont like this

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I'm a D&D regular

I'm a Games regular

I'm a GBS regular

I'm a PYF regular

should end with “dont mess with us!”

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

BrotherJayne posted:

Yeah and it's better. Addition by subtraction. :)

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Judgy Fucker posted:

I’ve been called a lib and a tankie within recent memory. A politics poster without a forum :(

mr krushchev... hello

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

c'mon debate club guys, get mean at me

go ahead and call me a piece of poo poo hypocrite for bragging how much i loved my job at ngp van and then spending all my free time criticizing dems

do it

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

I'm a pretty easy target and hell, I deserve worse than what any of you can throw at me

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

c'mon debate club guys, get mean at me

go ahead and call me a piece of poo poo hypocrite for bragging how much i loved my job at ngp van and then spending all my free time criticizing dems

do it

heard Lockheed Martin was hiring and the only qualification is to be a little quisling bitch :twisted:

maybe you can even get a referral from that other cspam poster (leftist) who works there

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

heard Lockheed Martin was hiring and the only qualification is to be a little quisling bitch :twisted:

maybe you can even get a referral from that other cspam poster (leftist) who works there

had an interview yesterday

checked out their client list

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
im an idiot and cant remember all the fallacy categories. will someone please berate me about it?? :ohdear:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
im am neither and both d&d and cspam, a lost soul

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

World Famous W posted:

im am neither and both d&d and cspam, a lost soul

Bear, seek, seek, lest

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I will always be kind and cordial to our D&D friends as I am to our CSPAM friends, but just so we're clear, when the SAD thread about this thread gets launched I'm going to pretend I don't know any of you.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

if any d&d people want some pro tips on aggroing specific cspam threads, post itt and i will help you

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

if any d&d people want some pro tips on aggroing specific cspam threads, post itt and i will help you

Ufo thread

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the only thing I've ever seen rile them up is when nhd gave the guy who spams 1000 blurry videos of orbs and stuff a probation. the thread was so mad that nhd had to apologize and walk it back because he didn't realize that was the good kind of thread spam that everyone loved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Homeless Friend posted:

We often joke a lot here about politics, and memes like “don’t trust the liberals, they will always betray you” have become part of the forums culture and consensus. Well, folks, those memes aren’t just jokes.

Take all of this as an incredibly abject lesson in how political power plays out. Yes, of course I realize that I’m talking about posts on an internet forum and not “real life” politics but this whole thing is such a perfect microcosm of what’s going on in the world politically these days that I can’t help but find it all extremely educational.

My hope is that President Bernie Sanders is the first small step we take towards possibly unfucking our country and society. I am and always will be an optimist at heart; I know that flies in the face of the inherent cynicism of Something Awful, but that time has passed. The mentality of “lol why do you care?” when applied to something that has life or death stakes is a poisonous one, but I can see why it’s practically impossible to separate it from this forum at this point. Many posters seem to cling to the forums status quo as comfort and think that changing the forums too much will invite disaster. I think that the community should grow and adapt with the times.

I keep coming back to that word. Community. Because that’s exactly what we are and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Digital spaces are quickly becoming just as important as real ones, and this subforum has led countless posters into the world of real life political activism. poo poo this subforum has a decent chance of being fundamental to the election of a loving Senator (Go Jess! Keep up the work Nichael!)

Never let anyone tell you that you don’t matter or that it’s pointless to fight for a cause or care about politics. Let the passions of your hearts burn strong.

Solidarity forever, goons.