Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

We often joke a lot here about politics, and memes like “don’t trust the liberals, they will always betray you” have become part of the forums culture and consensus. Well, folks, those memes aren’t just jokes.

Take all of this as an incredibly abject lesson in how political power plays out. Yes, of course I realize that I’m talking about posts on an internet forum and not “real life” politics but this whole thing is such a perfect microcosm of what’s going on in the world politically these days that I can’t help but find it all extremely educational.

My hope is that President Bernie Sanders is the first small step we take towards possibly unfucking our country and society. I am and always will be an optimist at heart; I know that flies in the face of the inherent cynicism of Something Awful, but that time has passed. The mentality of “lol why do you care?” when applied to something that has life or death stakes is a poisonous one, but I can see why it’s practically impossible to separate it from this forum at this point. Many posters seem to cling to the forums status quo as comfort and think that changing the forums too much will invite disaster. I think that the community should grow and adapt with the times.

I keep coming back to that word. Community. Because that’s exactly what we are and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Digital spaces are quickly becoming just as important as real ones, and this subforum has led countless posters into the world of real life political activism. poo poo this subforum has a decent chance of being fundamental to the election of a loving Senator (Go Jess! Keep up the work Nichael!)

Never let anyone tell you that you don’t matter or that it’s pointless to fight for a cause or care about politics. Let the passions of your hearts burn strong.

Solidarity forever, goons.

jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Fajita Queen posted:

Thinking about the extremely embarrassing cspam witchcraft thread and how funny/bad that was

:stonk:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Calibanibal posted:

Its actually insanely hosed up, and not funny, that the relationship between cspam and dnd exactly mirrors the one between Israel and Gaza. And you settler freaks wonder why dnders don't trust you

docbeard posted:

From the river to the sea
Rule 2 point 1 4 section b

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

i fly airplanes posted:

i would like 2 apply for asylum

chain please

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

smarxist posted:

vilerat 'em, boys

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Fajita Queen posted:

That's everyone in cspam

:pwn:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

which is funny because, as we all know, politics is just another game.

some call it "politricks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

crepeface posted:

lol at his most recent d&d china thread post

lmao