Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Bears Panthers

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

An all timer run of terrible prime time games we’re in the middle of. Hard to not appreciate it, peak sickos time

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the bears against the bears for the #1 or #2 pick

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1721753419235430402

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Chris James 2 posted:

An all timer run of terrible prime time games we’re in the middle of. Hard to not appreciate it, peak sickos time

It's pretty astounding how many they managed to line up this year. Aaron Rodgers really did on a number on the league when he decided five snaps was enough this year.

capncthulhu
Oct 4, 2021
Outside of the prime time games most of the match ups look pretty good. On paper at least.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I know coaches will rarely publicly say so and so player loving sucks, but good god Saleh you have say Zach Wilson loving sucks at some point

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

a neat cape posted:

Bears Panthers

Bears Panthers
Pats Colts
Jets Raiders
Broncos Bills

we're through the looking glass y'all :stare:

Broncos at least have a chance to do something very, very funny!

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I love how if you'd asked in Week 4, Saints-Vikings would have been a prime tank bowl candidate. Now it's an actual game!

Make no mistake, I think the Vikings are going to struggle to win this one. But Vikings-Saints games are never sane.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

"Colts - Patriots: How to watch" - I recommend beer in honor of Germany.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This is from the last thread but

Kirios posted:

TIL the Bears would have taken Burns instead of Moore, which...uh, why the gently caress wouldn't you do that? Bryce desperately needs a #1 target.

Apparently they could have also sent Derek brown. They made the trade knowing the were going to draft a QB and traded away the only good wr on the roster instead of a defensive tackle.

Again, this was teppers decision and his logic behind it….

https://x.com/ustadium/status/1710386117386609008?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Just a stupid yinzer who made a fortune moving numbers around a spreadsheet, armed with radio talking points and running a football organization into the ground.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
i’m sorry but this is technically the week 9 thread. please adjust accordingly

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Redeye Flight posted:

I love how if you'd asked in Week 4, Saints-Vikings would have been a prime tank bowl candidate. Now it's an actual game!

Make no mistake, I think the Vikings are going to struggle to win this one. But Vikings-Saints games are never sane.

Looking into my crystal ball and I see the saints going in to the 4th quarter with a 2 score lead and losing the game.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
https://x.com/JesseNews3LV/status/1721608519714250840?s=20

Antonio Pierce loving owns

quote:

#Raiders coach Antonio Pierce asked about the practice squad players on the sideline yesterday

“Every man’s in. If you’re on the team, you’re a part of the team, you’re there on game day”

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 7, 2023

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

really queer Christmas posted:

Looking into my crystal ball and I see the saints going in to the 4th quarter with a 2 score lead and losing the game.

I look into my crystal ball and and see that this isn’t possible because the Saints offense wont have gotten to 10 points by the 4th quarter.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ha. Seeing that video made it finally click who Antonio Pierce was. Haven’t thought about him in like 10 years, cool!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Are practice squad players usually not at the games? They get elevated the time, they help every team prepare in practice, they are part of the team. I've just always assumed they would be at games.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

There is no one to blame but the Chargers for Palmer hitting the IR. Palmer missed practice leading up to the team's Sunday Night Football game against the Chicago Bears in Week 8. He was determined a game-time decision and the Chargers ultimately gave him the green light.

If there was ever a game for the Chargers to be cautious it was against the Bears. Chicago, with Tyson Bagent under center, is the least-talented team in the league. The Chargers did not need Palmer to play against the Bears to win the game. That was evident by the final outcome.

Yet the team (and Palmer) decided to push it and made Palmer active. He aggravated the knee injury in the first quarter and came back into the game later in the night. Again, this wasn't a playoff game or a close game. This was a game against a bad Bears team.

And now the Chargers have to lay in the bed that they have made for themselves. Palmer is going to miss at least four games and the Bolts are going to have to pray that Quentin Johnston can step up. Hopefully, 31-year-old Keenan Allen doesn't suffer any kind of injury that takes him out of action.

This is not the first time the Chargers have mismanaged an injury and it probably won't be the last. This isn't quite as bad as when the team played Mike Williams in a pointless Week 18 game, but it is right up there considering Palmer was already hurt and should have never played in the first place.

:thunk:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I look into my crystal ball and and see that this isn’t possible because the Saints offense wont have gotten to 10 points by the 4th quarter.

In an NFL first, the Vikings scored a negatouchdown. The score was -7-3 going into the fourth.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Titans Bucs - will Baker be destroyed by another rookie QB???

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

elime anning posted:

i’m sorry but this is technically the week 9 thread. please adjust accordingly

Week 9 never happened.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Are practice squad players usually not at the games? They get elevated the time, they help every team prepare in practice, they are part of the team. I've just always assumed they would be at games.

Apparently they aren't allowed to travel with the team for away games (which sounds incredibly stupid) but are allowed to attend home games. Perhaps the home games are a coaches decision or something and maybe the boy genius didn't allow it? I'm not sure but he apparently stopped letting the players do a lot of things because it wasn't "the Patriot way" or whatever 🙄

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Honestly, as a practice squader I might prefer staying at home compared against traveling back and forth across the country in two days just to sit on the sideline. Depends on your situation I suppose.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Black Sunshine posted:

Antonio Pierce loving owns

It’s going to rule when the raiders go 4-5 under Pierce and then hire Adam Gase in the off-season

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Titans Bucs - will Baker be destroyed by another rookie QB???

i mean baker won't, no, but the defense very well could be

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The idea has been expressed that the Ravens should make Mike McDonald the assistant coach/DC, pump up his salary as much as possible to incentivize him to stay as the Head Coach in waiting. They did this at GM with Decosta under Ozzie Newsome, but I'm not sure how feasible it is that Harbaugh and McDonald buy into a similar concept.

Personally I think they should all do it. It clearly serves all parties* best.

* My football interests.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The idea has been expressed that the Ravens should make Mike McDonald the assistant coach/DC, pump up his salary as much as possible to incentivize him to stay as the Head Coach in waiting. They did this at GM with Decosta under Ozzie Newsome, but I'm not sure how feasible it is that Harbaugh and McDonald buy into a similar concept.

Personally I think they should all do it. It clearly serves all parties* best.

* My football interests.

Yeah Harbaugh is in his 60s now. Id fire him right Nmmhpph *gets hooked and dragged off stage*

Weve lost way too many good coordinators and been stuck with too many bad ones!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Going from a stuck-up coach to a players' coach owns, ask me how I know.

When Bill Belichek passes his former assistants that are still in the league should be interred with him, Egyptian Pharoah style.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
The resurgent Broncos against the Bills on the backfoot. Gonna be a dope game.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

C-Euro posted:

Going from a stuck-up coach to a players' coach owns, ask me how I know.

When Bill Belichek passes his former assistants that are still in the league should be interred with him, Egyptian Pharoah style.

Man pretty wild at how common the denominator on “poison coach” is. I was thinking of Miamis situation going from Flores to McDaniel and forgot that Detroit went through it, too. If only we could link these assholes to some sort of origin. A root, if you will.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Incredible run by Washington.

https://twitter.com/Statholesports/status/1721908301456437557?s=20

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I just don't think John Harbaugh has any ideas about retiring any time soon. Harbaugh seems like a pretty young 61, I think he's still gonna want to coach for at least five more years.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Panthers signed the Pokemon con man.

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1721937808238231725?s=20

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

elime anning posted:

It’s going to rule when the raiders go 4-5 under Pierce and then hire Adam Gase in the off-season

Mark Davis is a doofus failson but I have a feeling that he's learned something from this situation. Or maybe he'll dive back into a steady stream of PF Changs and hookers and roll the dice on another lovely retread but I really hope not.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

I just don't think John Harbaugh has any ideas about retiring any time soon. Harbaugh seems like a pretty young 61, I think he's still gonna want to coach for at least five more years.

Hes had his time. We need to move on. MacDonald is young and could last us a very long time. Or we could play Harbaugh Lackey Roulette and hope we have someone good when he doed retire.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Black Sunshine posted:

Mark Davis is a doofus failson but I have a feeling that he's learned something from this situation. Or maybe he'll dive back into a steady stream of PF Changs and hookers and roll the dice on another lovely retread but I really hope not.

He admitted in an interview that they backed into their last coaching search; he wanted McDaniels and didn't really take other candidates seriously. Perhaps he will learn from that. Or not.

Edit: he actually admitted doing that with the Gruden hiring too.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 7, 2023

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Who in the world looks at a guy like mcdaniels track record and is like "I want that guy and no one else"

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Kawalimus posted:

Who in the world looks at a guy like mcdaniels track record and is like "I want that guy and no one else"

"I can fix him"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

Mark Davis, for one.