Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ben Solak with the Good poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlOmAJu5KQA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

mcmagic posted:

The Titans should do the right thing by Tannehill and cut him.
Lol. Which NY team do you think should claim him in this scenario

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Lol. Which NY team do you think should claim him in this scenario

Jets.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mystic Stylez posted:

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1722277337474183323

the Patriot Way is dead. long live the Patriot Way

The Patriots have a rich history of benching CBs for superfluous reasons that always works out well.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1722302708974039116?s=46

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

This guy sucked on the Illini, how the hell is he getting the most starts of any QB from there since Jeff George

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

trevorreznik posted:

This guy sucked on the Illini, how the hell is he getting the most starts of any QB from there since Jeff George

Because of tanking.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Loved these posts back to back so much that I had to screenshot them.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

C-Euro posted:

Loved these posts back to back so much that I had to screenshot them.

It’s outstanding

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

this is good i've never watched this guy before

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Patriots have a rich history of benching CBs for superfluous reasons that always works out well.

In this case I don't really mind since on those advanced stat nerd charts he's always so far off the bottom left it breaks the scale

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

That Bills video sums up how I feel too. A couple of bad decisions here and there have led to more turnovers. Allen likes to unleash the dragon when there's a high reward plan and defenses are getting wise to it. In the end the Bills are going to figure it out and the they will make the playoffs, where they will likely do well.

Sometimes poo poo happens and the sample sizes in football are so low that you can play decent to well and still lose more games than you should. Sometimes you play like poo poo and manage to win (see last year's Vikings.) Variance is a bitch and it's surprisingly easy to have your results vastly differ from your quality of play.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Docjowles posted:

In this case I don't really mind since on those advanced stat nerd charts he's always so far off the bottom left it breaks the scale

I dunno. It kind of feels like once Jackson got there to make up for the loss of Gonzalez, the Pats defense got a lot closer to respectable. Then Sunday, he gets benched and Sam Howell carves them up. He might not be good, but he's probably a lot better than whoever's behind him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Black Lighter posted:

I dunno. It kind of feels like once Jackson got there to make up for the loss of Gonzalez, the Pats defense got a lot closer to respectable. Then Sunday, he gets benched and Sam Howell carves them up. He might not be good, but he's probably a lot better than whoever's behind him.

Jackson was only benched for a little bit, he played almost 70% of snaps. The problem with the gameplan is they sent heavy pressure packages a ton of times and forced Sam to make fast decisions and hard throws and... he did. Pass rush is really neutered due to all the injuries on the defensive line. Bigger problem is all the corner injuries forced Myles Bryant back to corner early on when he was supposed to fill the FS role and they've been stuck playing bigger strong safety types there that are getting worked over.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Matt Barkley? Matt Barkley! MATT BARKLEY!

https://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/matt-barkley-matt-barkley-matt-barkley/

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

quote:

Even a simple Lisfranc injury is a severe injury that may take many months to heal and may require surgery to treat.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1722332315701887162

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Obviously Deshawn Watson is playing this week and that'll be a big difference from the last time the Ravens and Browns played. Another difference is that the Ravens will have Odafe Oweh, Marlon Humphrey,Daryl Worley, Odell Beckham, Rashod Bateman, and Ronnie Stanley who all missed the first matchup.

Oh and the Browns LT Willis will be out for the coming game too. I'm feeling pretty good about this one.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Cowboys are -16.5

Giants have a real shot at Caleb Williams now

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Dude has only played like 200 snaps in 2 years. What a waste.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Number19 posted:

That Bills video sums up how I feel too. A couple of bad decisions here and there have led to more turnovers. Allen likes to unleash the dragon when there's a high reward plan and defenses are getting wise to it. In the end the Bills are going to figure it out and the they will make the playoffs, where they will likely do well.

Sometimes poo poo happens and the sample sizes in football are so low that you can play decent to well and still lose more games than you should. Sometimes you play like poo poo and manage to win (see last year's Vikings.) Variance is a bitch and it's surprisingly easy to have your results vastly differ from your quality of play.

I don't know about them making the playoffs this year. They have 4 losses, and realistically 7 losses is the max for a typical wildcard spot. Bills still have to play the Eagles, Chiefs, and Cowboys, and won't be favored in any of those. They have to play the Dolphins again without the defensive players that let them slow Miami down. They have to play the Jets and Patriots again - bad teams, yes, but also ones they've already lost to. Chargers could be a wildcard. Broncos should be easy, but look what can happen with the Chiefs.

Basically, I think the Bills are only favored in half their remaining games, and can only lose 3 more games to have any hopes. They really need to pick one off of the Eagles/Chiefs/Cowboys/Dolphins and then sweep the rest of their games, and I don't know if that is happening if they continue playing like they are.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Obviously Deshawn Watson is playing this week and that'll be a big difference from the last time the Ravens and Browns played. Another difference is that the Ravens will have Odafe Oweh, Marlon Humphrey,Daryl Worley, Odell Beckham, Rashod Bateman, and Ronnie Stanley who all missed the first matchup.

Oh and the Browns LT Willis will be out for the coming game too. I'm feeling pretty good about this one.

The only way the Browns are winning games is by having opposing offenses gift them multiple scores, so don’t do that. Honestly hope Baltimore blows them the gently caress out and permanently injures Watson.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I think the Ravens will win but the Browns have more of a chance than people think. The Ravens have fumbling issues and if we do that before we are able to go up and gift them short fields or defensive scores their defense might be able to win one for them.

Last time also they had a horrible gameplan being very aggressive with a rookie QB and shot themselves in the foot setting up short scores for the offense. But like others said we are healthier now and should win. But you never know.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Relentlessboredomm posted:

The only way the Browns are winning games is by having opposing offenses gift them multiple scores, so don’t do that.

That's...not been true at all this season?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the browns don't have more of a chance than i think, because i think they have a 35 to 40 percent chance, and that's fairly high. the reason why i think their chance is that high is because they have a stout defense and they are in the afc north. i notice they gave up four touchdowns to the ravens already. i think their chance of winning is about 15 to 20 percent

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Cavauro posted:

the browns don't have more of a chance than i think, because i think they have a 35 to 40 percent chance, and that's fairly high. the reason why i think their chance is that high is because they have a stout defense and they are in the afc north. i notice they gave up four touchdowns to the ravens already. i think their chance of winning is about 15 to 20 percent

We got those TDs because of Dorian Thompson-Robinson starting and a bad offensive gameplan for him. They had him throwing downfield and was very inaccurate. They needed to try to force a stalemate like the 2000 Ravens would do.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the browns' defense is reliant on winning each play and has allowed scores on 20.8% of opposing drives. that number was much lower very early in the year, but is still good enough for #1 in the nfl. their problem this week is that the ravens are third in the league at the same thing while having an objectively better ability to score. a bit of that is because the browns lost their #1 offensive weapon for the season. they will need luck to be on their side or for the evil man who is a serial rapist to hit his stride playing football again.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Cavauro posted:

the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for the cleveland browns

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

another thing about that division. the steelers are going to win 11 or even 12 games this season if you look at their remaining schedule. there is a real chance their final game of the season will determine the afc north champions. that's wild. and that's the final word on the aFC north.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Woozie66 posted:

That's...not been true at all this season?

True sometimes the refs make up the difference for them too.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The Browns OL has been melting into slag every week. Wills (LT) just went to IR and Dawand Jones (backup RT) is iffy, who has actually been stellar for coming in for Conklin earlier this season.

Watson might actually die before the end of the season.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Texans are a MASH unit
https://x.com/HoustonTexans/status/1722369946003386565?s=20

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Watson might actually die before the end of the season.
Promise?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jamarr 'chase won't play and tee higgins might not play either. it's really going to be one of grudens grinders this week for the houston texans and the cincinnati bengals

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm very curious. When it comes to Deshaun Watson, are you team "get his loving neck broken by some free rusher" or team "be healthy enough to keep playing like absolute poo poo and humiliate himself and the Browns every week"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Whatever gets him gone really.

Anyway, in other lovely NFL stuff:

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1722399067836203269

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

MJeff posted:

I'm very curious. When it comes to Deshaun Watson, are you team "get his loving neck broken by some free rusher" or team "be healthy enough to keep playing like absolute poo poo and humiliate himself and the Browns every week"

Watson getting a career-ending injury lets the Browns organization off the hook for trading the farm for him, so I rather he just keep playing like poo poo and embarrass the Browns. No what-ifs, what-could-have-beens, just let his play confirm that he sucks and let them sit with that.

The only person I'd feel bad for if he got hurt would be the linebacker that did it to him, just in case that they're a better person than me and might feel guilt over severely injuring another human being

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Watson getting a career-ending injury lets the Browns organization off the hook for trading the farm for him, so I rather he just keep playing like poo poo and embarrass the Browns. No what-ifs, what-could-have-beens, just let his play confirm that he sucks and let them sit with that.

The only person I'd feel bad for if he got hurt would be the linebacker that did it to him, just in case that they're a better person than me and might feel guilt over severely injuring another human being

It would only be DeShaun Watson. Not a real human.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
gently caress Watson, I'd probably pop some champagne if he got paralyzed on the field by the ghost of Jack Tatum. I have zero sympathy for rapists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I would forgive Vontaze Burfict for a lot of stuff if he signed a one day contract with the Bengals and went headhunting on Watson. Realistically, though, it would be better if Watson just sucked and got benched despite the $100M+ still owed to him.