Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Dropped off my ballot in CO, hope we get rid of TABOR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Anyone who runs for public office is a dyed in the wool piece of poo poo.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well if you're on the school board with kids you're going to bend everything to benefit your kids and gently caress everyone else.

You can absolutely be on the school board without being a massive piece of poo poo. It helps, of course, but it can be done.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Weed and abortions in Ohio!!! We did it!!!

O-H!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Texas state-wide constitutional amendment votes so far:

Apart from Props 1 and 3, most of this looks pretty good. Hopefully my dad's retirement income will go up if Prop 9 passes, which it looks like it will.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently Props 7 and 10 are lovely and shouldn't pass either. Although I feel like Progress Texas has the wrong take on Prop 13; less old people making potentially-major judicial decisions seems like a good idea.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 8, 2023

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Time_pants posted:

You can absolutely be on the school board without being a massive piece of poo poo. It helps, of course, but it can be done.

Not if you're Mary Lou Bruner, a woman so unbelievably circus-grade stupid and batshit insane that even deep red, Trump-lovin' east Texas republicans couldn't vote for her more than once :eng99:.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Nov 8, 2023

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I guess voting worked on VA because Dems kept control of the state senate and flipped the house.

That deflating balloon noise you hear is the sound of Glenn Youngkin's presidential hopes disappearing

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

The trump guy got beaten in the mayoral race in our town by the do-nothing democratic incumbent who has had the job for 12 years. That’s a win I guess.

Woodglue
May 8, 2008

interwhat posted:

Weed and abortions in Ohio!!! We did it!!!

O-H!

IO!

Ohio has become slightly cooler/better. Truly the endtimes are upon us

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

Anyone who runs for public office is a dyed in the wool piece of poo poo.

What about running for GBS moderator?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Smugworth posted:

What about running for GBS moderator?

For those who hate themselves and wish to join them.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Jelly posted:

Is this the Canada guy that the right latched onto, or a new one?

New one.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I voted for a city council member who describes herself as an aspiring police abolitionist. Doesn't matter, nothing will change in this dog poo poo country until the United States cease to exist.

Saalkin posted:

For those who hate themselves and wish to join them.

I thought I hated myself but I've never hated myself enough to want to mod GBS lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
One of the Central Park 5, who Donald Trump wanted to execute, won a NYC council seat.

Heh.