Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
agreed op, vans slip ons in the summer and a pair of carhartt slip on boots in the winter. gently caress tying poo poo up and bending over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

My Spirit Otter posted:

agreed op, vans slip ons in the summer and a pair of carhartt slip on boots in the winter. gently caress tying poo poo up and bending over

I bought boots recently. Think I'm going to keep them https://icebug.com/product/stavre-m-michelin-wic-gtx.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Aishlinn posted:

but in the 90s if you had these you were the coolest! :v:
I miss hi-top shoes :(
I liked the extra ankle support.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Aishlinn posted:

Pump up the Jam!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Slippin on my lace up shoes.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Aishlinn posted:

Oh yeah the shoes from Men In Tights were real huh.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Grey Cat posted:

I love shoelaces, I tie them once a year tops and forget they exist.

I'd rather be wearing velcro light up sneakers though.

hell yeah

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Shoelaces are just kind of whatever until you've perused Ian's Shoelace Site, the internet's greatest site, and then you realize they are actually excellent.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

These are the shoes that allow you to run faster than the bullets

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

My roommate had those toe shoes. He swore they were comfy but they kinda weirded me out.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

Worse than Boa. Worse than velcro, even the typical ugly strips. Worse than elastic. Worse than those elastic curly laces. Worse than nothing. Shoelaces are bad. Thank you all for agreeing with me.

:wrong:

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I must confess I suck at knots. I can do it obviously, but I'm slow and sometimes get it wrong. My brain absolutely refuses to visualize how it should go so I'm basically going blind.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
If you get Salomon shoes then they come with cool kevlar laces and an integrated clip that deprecates knots forever.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sway Grunt posted:

Shoelaces are just kind of whatever until you've perused Ian's Shoelace Site, the internet's greatest site, and then you realize they are actually excellent.

Pro click :hai:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm not into tying people up, thanks.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

EorayMel posted:

Anybody wear those shoes that have no soles so your barefeet still touch the ground and get caked in dogshit and loose gravel?

Theres this absolute animal who does barefoot jogging in my neighbourhood. We’ve got a real problem with dogs making GBS threads all over the place round here too so it just seems like a terrible idea to me

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My cat's favorite toy is an old shoelace

EorayMel posted:

Anybody wear those shoes that have no soles so your barefeet still touch the ground and get caked in dogshit and loose gravel?

...a sock?

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

:powercatte:

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!

brodie0 posted:

There's a right way and a wrong way to tie shoelaces, and 50% of y'all do it wrong. The loops should lay flat horizontally, not vertically. If yours lay more vertical than horizontal, swoop the other way.

I found this out about 15 years ago and it has vastly improved the odds my shoe laces stay tied.If your laces are sitting vertical, reverse the over/under side of either the initial crossed lace or the over/under sides of crossing the loops.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I stopped buying shoes with laces in 1996

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

My cat's favorite toy is an old shoelace

...a sock?

They make socks with a flexible rubber bottom; skinners.cc . The problem with them as with anything you wear barefoot you really should clean them more often then you probably will. Also water.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 8, 2023

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
Shoelaces are some weird olde timey poo poo we somehow just can’t get past. Someone please blow the lid off the big shoelace conspiracy in the 1950s to associate velcro with the elderly and handicapped.
I can think of no other reason that we’re using shoelaces anymore. Especially those stupid noodly dress shoes ones.
Also while we’re talking about this how does nobody know how to take care of a pair of shoes anymore? My shoes are dirty/scratched guess there’s no choice but to toss em in the trash. How are we still tying shoes and nobody polishes shoes?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i havent worn anything but slipons for like 10 years op and my life is so good, so loving fine, like silk

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

GolfHole posted:

i havent worn anything but slipons for like 10 years op and my life is so good, so loving fine, like silk

Same. Like butter.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I don't like shoelaces so I always get those slip on shoes from Skechers. Great for my numb diabetic feet :)

When I was in construction, our bootlaces get destroyed when sandblasting. so ended up just using gorilla brand duct tape.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lotta people who've never had to run from a pursuer before showing their whole rear end rear end right now

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

nothing quite as satisfying as lacing up at the start of a crisp autumn day

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

redshirt posted:

Same. Like butter.

i cant believe its legal its so butter

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

Lotta people who've never had to run from a pursuer before showing their whole rear end rear end right now

Slip ons slip off just as easily

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You think your loving Crocs in "le sport mode" are going to save you if you're being run down Leatherface? Think again bozo. You better lace them puppies UP.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

You think your loving Crocs in "le sport mode" are going to save you if you're being run down Leatherface? Think again bozo. You better lace them puppies UP.

Smugworth has a point.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

cya later shitlords

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Never looked at crocs before, lol they have laced versions

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
To save myself the hassle of shoelaces I chopped both my feet off.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Aishlinn posted:

these shoes owned so hard

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dial A For Awesome posted:

I have a better idea, but, too late now n/m.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Maybe look into getting cast in Blue Eye Samurai season 2

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Sway Grunt posted:

:aaaaa:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Jelly posted:

these shoes owned so hard

I had the LA Gear knockoffs and yes I did get made fun of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
During the Apollo space program, VELCRO® Brand fasteners were widely used on the astronauts' space suits to secure pockets, food and drink ports, checklists and other essential items. Some astronauts even built VELCRO® Brand hook and loop tape into their helmets so they could scratch their noses in outer space!