Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a0FCjxgvf8

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo this thread

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
Dear goons, it is my pleasure to inform that the box is in my possession. Now to wait a couple hours to get off work.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Palette swap posted:

Dear goons, it is my pleasure to inform that the box is in my possession. Now to wait a couple hours to get off work.

:f5:

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Swear to god if it's just a dreamcast full of mealworms or cat remains

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Palette swap posted:

:suspense:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
There could be anything in that box, it could even be a boat!

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Palette swap posted:

Excited to see it turn out to be the modern equivalent of a P-P-P-Powerbook

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
GENTLEGOONS BEHOLD

THE BOX HAS ARRIVED
It came all the way from Ireland, which is great as I've already received gifts from England, Wales and Scotland. Also, coming from Cork I assume it came in the Irish Rover.

Here's the problem, the declared value of the box is 70 Euro, and my country is eager to tax.

But anyway, TIME TO UNBOX.

A whole rear end cat? Nah Olive get outta there.

Oh, OK guess I should get out.

Cute card, and yea I like Irish stuff, love the music and aready have my own celtic cross.

A look back at that frog coinpurse.

BEES.

Magnets that already reside on the fridge.

3D doggo card, waiting to find a place

A set of beautiful Irish folklore coasters, depicting traditions of the 4 seasons

And now some Irish literature

Now if I ever go to Ireland I'll get beaten up for talking like an idiot.

A couple of funny books, it's surprising how much we have in common, I particulary like this one.

Not a Dreamcast but it'll make do

And to go along with that cookbook, some deliciousness courtesy of Guinness

A Guinness bread kit (have already made beer bread, I'll see how they compare) and a set of condiments that I can't wait to open

And finally

The really expensive DVDs, 3 movies that I would have never known and will try to watch soon as their descriptions sound interesting.

Well this was an adventure, thank you very much Santa Poo in an Alleyway or as the documents said "illegible"
But we are not done here.
I have to also thank all you Santa's helpers that made it possible for me to get the gift, no one has ever done anything lik this for me so it was a nic surprise to see how generous a group of internet strangers can be.

Here are the invoices so you don't think I tried to pull a fast one on you

There are some details of how and why I got charged, gonna try to sort it for next one.

However I have to get serious for a bit.

2 weeks ago there was a huge fire where I live, and by huge basically half of the town burned down including where I grew up. While my family and I were safe, everyone that didin't get affected knows someone that did, it was one of the worst fires ever so...

What was left of the money you chipped in was donated to the relief efforts to help the families affected.
What more can I say? You guys made my year and I can't thank you enough for everything. Merry (really late) Christmas.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Wowwwwwwww

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Hell yeah well worth $10, even if it wasn’t bees or an old worm-filled console. Happy balled SASSmas, glad it worked out in the end and the bonus donation is extra :3:

Glad it ended up working out for you too-you were a great Santa!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
gently caress YES SASSMAS CHEER

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

gently caress yes, that was well spent. That made me very happy. Not the fire part, but the rest of it.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Merry Christmas to all goonkind :unsmith:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

:moonrio:

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
I just got the update before bed! What a magical way to end the evening!

I'm so glad you got your wonderful gift and there was extra to go to the donation - I wish your town and all those effected a safe recovery. Good job to Poo in an Alleyway. I bet the beer bread is going to be delicious.

This has been a special Sassmas, Merry February Christmas everyone. :comfyoot:

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Don't put the actual $ amounts on customs forms, friends! Keep it under $50* or countries will charge tax!

*can we get maybe a postal nerd goon to find out the max taxless amount for most countries as a general guideline? I usually go with $25.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

This thread got lost in the mix for me after helping for the box so seeing this today has made my day great

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
This thread rules, drat.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Grey Cat posted:

I think my santee said they got their gifts but never posted them, oh well.

Hey that sounds like me, sorry I’m a world class dingus if so!

My gifts arrived January 3rd and I took photos and they’ve sat on my phone ever since (the photos, not the gifts). It was treasure for the beastly cats and music for my collection! (And a cool skull bottle opener) and the most mysterious note I’ve ever received

Apologies again to my Santa for taking FOREVER to post these!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Mezzanon posted:

Hey that sounds like me, sorry I’m a world class dingus if so!

My gifts arrived January 3rd and I took photos and they’ve sat on my phone ever since (the photos, not the gifts). It was treasure for the beastly cats and music for my collection! (And a cool skull bottle opener) and the most mysterious note I’ve ever received

Apologies again to my Santa for taking FOREVER to post these!

Wasn't you, they did end up getting posted. :)
These are some grade A cats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
Bonus cat pics in the ol' Sassmas thread! :woop:

That is a mysterious note, enjoy your non-hazardous CDs.