Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots
once again, the screams of oversugared children reach a fever pitch, and santa lurches to a kind of life ...

Good news everyone! The leaves are falling and this means you, yes, you, need some counterpoint to the horrific drudgery of having to spend time outside in crisp, sometimes snow-scented air getting very mild exercise raking leaves, seeing your neighbors for the first time this year and otherwise focusing on naturally lit objects more than 2 feet in front of your face.

To help ease the burden of this alarmingly novel and upsettingly social experience, I bring you: SASS!

What?

This is Something Awful Secret Santa. In it, you provide your basic details to a website, which then (provided you have proven you are a member of this website and can read) assigns you some other goon on Dec 4, who you then e-stalk and make or buy a gift so crushingly thoughtful and demonstrative of deep knowledge of their most core humanity that they shed a single tear and treasure whatever it is for the rest of their lives, and probably also something bee-related making best effort that all of that arrives with them on or before Dec 24. In exchange, a different goon who isn't you will be instructed to send you something!
I and others have found it a great source of holiday cheer, and I can't recommend it enough.

Oh. But what would I send?
How should I know? I don't even know who your santee is yet. Still, you should try to find out the kind of things they like (there will be a means for you to anonymously contact them through the site, once assigned, and obviously you'll know their username and can search their posts (if you have search), but don't make it weird), and send something you think they will like. Posting in this thread about your likes is a good idea in case your santa doesn't have search or otherwise is not a hot poo poo e-detective.

:siren: Whatever you send, expect to receive something worth 0-20 dollars. Going above and beyond is permitted, but not required. It is more important that what you send be fun than that it be expensive! Posting a thank-you in this thread on receipt is strongly encouraged. :siren:

If you would like to get an idea of the vibe (good idea!) last year's thread is here.

What about international goons? I am penniless.
That's fine. The site allows you to specify that you want a santee in your own country, roughly in your area ("EU", "North America", etc), or anywhere, and assignment will try to maximize international-ness. (This does mean that there will be a lot of US->outside-US pairings and vice versa, because there aren't that many of you. It isn't guaranteed, to keep it interesting.) If you specified local-only or regional-only in signing up for the site, that will be respected (I will not assign you a more international santee than you indicated).

I CLICKED REGISTER WHER ESANTEE
calm down. it's going to be okay. the order of operations goes like this:
Now: I click "post", angering a great many people and old gods.
Dec 4: assignments are posted, unleashing all you hounds upon, uh, each other. Registrations are closed and profile modifications are no longer allowed.
Dec 14: You are encouraged to have sent out your gifts, to ensure they arrive by Christmas.
Dec 31: All of time comes to an end.

how can I click register when you have not provided a registration link?
You know what that's a fair criticism here u go.

what if my santee got banned?
I usually say "they didn't get banned from Christmas". if it was a perma or really egregious somehow maybe that's different - in that case contact me.

what if there aren't enough people?
in the days before assignment I will contact you if your particular situation makes you impossible to assign. It's not common.

The site is erroring :supaburn:
Sorry, I'll get to it soon. It does email me when that happens so I should get to it relatively quickly, but if I don't seem to be doing that (or it's just you for some reason) contact me.

I'm not getting my verification email!
Check your spam folder, unfortunately this event being just once a year means I can't build up any email reputation.

I DEMAND TRIBUTE IN THE FORM OF BEES
well, not in response to your demand, to be clear, but because it is the holidays,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
Hi Santa! I think my last post on the forums may have been last year's SASS, but I love this poo poo, and I'm happy you're here! If you're the type of Santa that came into the game with a plan and you already know what you want to send, go for it. I have an epipen ready. If you like a bit more guidance, I'll do my best:

Here's my gift to santee last year:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4017633&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post528461080

and here's Droogie's gift to me, which was excellent

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4017633&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post528461080

and the year before, which was also great

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3985259&pagenumber=10&perpage=40#post520213356

Here's five general likes:
-Random fun stuff
-wrapping paper and little junk
-laughing on christmas morning
-goony sorts of things
-local treasures

and five general dislikes:
-Anime and otaku culture
-NSFW
-Sweets
-uh
-that's about it

And even specifics!

-Lovecraft
-Fine alcohol
-DIY stuff.
-Drawings and other artsy, craftsy stuff, if you're good at that
-Perfumes, fragrances, and aftershaves
-Spaaaaaaaaaaaace
-Fun projects in a box
-Fossils
-The Church of the Subgenius
-A nice, handwritten letter
-Cool old stuff
-Renaissance festivals
-Deadly, angry bees

Spiderjelly fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 5, 2023

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

I'm in :santahurr:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I've done two SASS before and it's always a blast. I now own a hand-crafted Vlad the Impaler decorative wall hanging!!
I'm in.

Santa: standard skinny goon, into cryptids, art, history, astronomy, music, street art, board games, hedge mazes, trams, coffee, halberds, trombones, carnivorous plants, failed rail lines, ww2 logistics, trilobites, Age of Empires 2, ant sociology, haunted decks of playing cards, whatever!! Hand-made stuff and obscure local lore is definitely 100% appreciated, and also, I'd like to know what kinds of birds are in your area.
Booze will be wasted on us, and go easy on the NSFW, as my kids are always interested in the weird overseas parcels.

Santee: this will invariably arrive a week late, no matter when I send it, because Australia is real far away from everywhere else, including other parts of Australia.

Tree Bucket fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 10, 2023

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Year wouldn't be complete without SASS!

Santa: If you're an old hat at this I haven't changed much. I still like to hike and read and would like to travel the world, but lack the funds to escape the forests of my birth. I welcome anything from your exotic homelands, from anime statuettes to Authentic Bulgarian Miak (but where would one find any this time of year?). Also big on local history if you've got any you're not ashamed of.

Santee: Christmas is coming to you from a bizarre, unholy nexus of Indiana bounded by an Archabbey, the grave of Lincoln's mom, and the only municipality of Santa Claus recognized by the USPS.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Seems like a lot of fun.

E: Santa, here's some stuff I like in case you find that sifting through 5000 shitposts is a problem.
I'm a ladygoon that likes video games, especially dark souls, mario, tetris, chess sorta stuff. I also like DnD, fantasy, and absolutely weird poo poo that makes you think "why".
I don't have food allergies for treats and if you want to do a shirt I like baggy 2XL crewneck T's with fun stuff on it. Otherwise I won't wear it.
Favorite color is GREY, I also like cats.

Santee, I will try my best to make it a memorable SS.
Bees.

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Nov 15, 2023

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

It's been years since I did SASS, I wasn't sure it was even still a thing.

Santa: I like weird local stuff. If you're looking for specific interests I'm pretty nerdy so things like D&D minis, LARP gear, and anything comic book related are also good ideas. I live with my SO and we have kitties. Handmade stuff is always amazing!

If you want to combine some of the above go to https://www.heroforge.com/ and make the dumbest/coolest/SASSiest figure ever and send it to me (if you just want to do the 3D printer files that's cool, I can get it printed)

Santee: I hope you like rocks.

Jimbone Tallshanks fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 10, 2023

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Been checking and rechecking GBS waiting for this thread to appear, hell yeah!

Some info about me for Santa:
- female, 36
- Size large in shirts cuz I'm rotund, might be best not to send clothes but if you're insistent I do like funny socks
- husband and I bought our own apartment last year, so if you wanna send cool wall-art or paintings or anything of the like we are looking for cool poo poo to decorate the place with
- I like chocolate, goopy body horror movies (the goopier and more mindfucky the better), the Alien franchise, Red Letter Media, Animal Crossing, cooking, filmmaking, Star Trek (not the recent incarnations, the good ol' OG stuff), synthwave, vaporwave and 80's music. I also love obscure and bad movies so if you've got good ones I'm open to a thumbdrive of garbage
- stuff that's local to you is my favourite poo poo
- I have a Switch and a PC and Steam account but I’ve mostly been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 lately on the PC and Animal Crossing on my Switch

Santee:
- I will mail you some lovely heartwarming Irish stuff (and bees! BEEEEEEEEEES!!!!)

HamsonBunce
Aug 28, 2011
Back in after a two year hiatus. I have been checking GBS almost daily waiting for the thread!

For Santa: Something from your hometown is always great, or anything homemade of course. Funny or nsfw (or both) stuff is fine as well! Sorry I don't post more, I think my previous posts in the SASS threads still apply, apart from now having an infant daughter. Thank you already, Santa!

HamsonBunce fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 30, 2023

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Hello goons, this is my 12th year doing SASS. I still use the mug I got the very first year, although the hand painted Santa bee has long ago peeled off.

I am a 37 year old woman in the glorious Midwest. Lately I've been reading a lot of memoirs (I've enjoyed Born a Crime and I'm Glad My Mom Died) and watching Taskmaster and Bake Off. I work in ophthalmology and wear scrubs, which I like to accessorize with pins and brooches (esp vintage) and fun socks. I like a sort of vintage/occult/cabinet of curiosities aesthetic. Crystals and minerals, bugs and creepy crawlies, eyes, celestial, etc. I'm a big fan of your interesting local snacks and goofy souvenirs.

I have a bobtail cat (see av) who likes crunchy treats. She doesn't care about most cat toys, but I also volunteer at a cat shelter so any cat stuff will find a good home.

Please no scented candles/lotions/etc as I get migraines.

Santee: hope you like bees!

HelloIAmYourHeart fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 19, 2023

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.
Time for me to crawl out of my Sassmas cave for the year!

Me: I think I've been doing SASS since about 2008ish and I'm excited for it every year! 38 year old goonette with a husband and 2 cats (will provide pictures upon request). I like science (dna, rocks and space specifically), cats, ttrpgs, and board games and i play roller derby. My husband and i also just finished watching 69 days of horror movies so i guess im a horror junkie now. I'm not picky but if I had to request something, I love getting local things from where Santa lives. And honestly my favorite Sassmas gifts have been handmade things but I realize that requires time and effort and am totally ok with not getting handmade things but figured I'd put that out there.

SANTEE: I will stalk the hell out of you and try to get you stuff you request/part of your interests. You will probably also get a crocheted thing and delicious things from Cincinnati....and probably also a can of Skyline. Also the obligatory Christmas bees.

Thank you tiaz for doing this every year! I too had been refreshing GBS for this thread and I'm so excited to participate.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Hell yeah

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

I AM READY.

Hi Santa!

I'm a rapidly aging married ladygoon with two goons in training, two indoor cats, two outdoor cats that belong to my jerk neighbor who doesn't feed them, a snake, and some squirrels and raccoons that live in my backyard that don't know they're my pets, but they ARE.

I would love anything interesting from your home area, but if you need more help, some things that make me happy are (in no particular order): Beetlejuice, Goonies, Pearl Jam, What We Do in the Shadows, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Disneyana. I spend a fair amount of my free time knitting, crocheting, and doing cross stitch. Favorite colors are red, black, and rose gold.

Santee,

Get your epipen ready. Bees are coming. :ohdearsass:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Hooray! This will by my third SASS and it's become one of my favorite things about the season. I haven't really been in a holiday mood because it's still late-summer weather where I'm at and this cheered me right up :D Reposting from last year with updates:

Dear Santa:

Hello my name is csammis and I am a 39 40 41 for gently caress's sake year old man and I live in Kansas City with my wife and two dogs plus one long-term foster dog. It is nice here except it has been too hot. Is it nice at the North Pole? These are some things that I like:
  • Rocks and crystals and interesting geology poo poo.
  • Things with gears, I'm a sucker for gears. Motors entirely optional.
  • I'm still learning Russian so media in Russian would be cool.
  • Local beers. I don't drink much but when I do a good beer is top of the list.
  • Whatever is odd and local from your part o' the world.
I have been very good so please do not give me the things that only bad goons get:
  • Candy or pastries - I'm not big on sweets
  • Anything :nws: or :nms:
  • Horses

==============

Dear Santee: I'm not in Chicago so I won't send you the garbage tincture that they call Malört. This is my solemn, but only, vow.

SASS PET PICTURES

Our two dogs, Jax on the left and Mila on the right:

Our long-term foster, Atwood. He's a big black pitty and they're not really flying off the adoption shelves so we'll probably have him for a while yet.

csammis fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 10, 2023

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

God I love this place....

Dear Santa,

It's been an interesting year. I am quite tired of living in Interesting Times(tm), thank you very much, but SASS is one of the bright spots in my year. I have ever only been deadbeated once (out of how many years???) and it was fine. I will hold no ill will should circumstances happen, just let me know. Anyway. I like cats, ice hockey, food, candy, liquor, kitchy stuff, funny stuff, horror stuff, vidya games, Tom Petty, Prince. My interests are like a dropped pot of marinara: all over the place and hard to contain. (I'm sorry. That was bad.). I throw axes, I play ice hockey (goalie), I compete in strongman and Arm Lifting (grip sport). When do I sleep? I dunno. But it happens. I would LOVE just about anything from your area! Do make stuff? OH HELL YEAH! SEND IT! Cursed doll? Well...then it'll have a buddy from last year's SASS. :D

TL;DR:
48yo goonette with 1 long term boy toy, no kids, no pets (just fat bastard racoons and adorable opossums outside. Not the Aussie cute ones. The Texas scary ones)
Likes: Ice hockey (I am a goalie), Marc-Andre Fleury, cats, liquor, food, breathing, life, money
Dislikes: nuts (not allergic), every Seattle team ever (blame Pete Carroll. gently caress him. Marshawn Lynch is cool AF, tho), New England Patriots (blame ESPN and their hard-on for Brady)

Dear Santee,

You'll get something local for sure. You'll get something locally made, for sure. You will get something....for sure.

topenga fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 10, 2023

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
Since this is winding down and there is no way to know for sure if any of us here will return the next year as we all get taken out one by one by the ravages of time if you get me as your Santa I might send you an actually cursed object or I might send you something real good. It might just be both. We could only be so lucky to receive bees in the mail nowadays, they are getting harder to come by in the wild.

Cone of Tragedy fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 20, 2023

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Yesss!!!

Last year's thread closed before I could post this, so I'm posting now to say thanks, and build excitement for everyone (not that it's needed). My Santa last year had some difficulties getting stuff sent but was very good at communicating. It ended up being awesome because they sent like 4 packages over a few weeks in March, so it was fun getting random packages that I wasn't expecting.

In the back there is an absurd local cookbook (Scotland I think? I'll have to check when I get home, can't remember right now) with all sorts of wacky comics. I've actually tried a recipe though I didn't take a picture, I may try another and post a photo.

Huge thanks and a hug to last year's Santa, excited for another one.

This year's Santa, just get me local fun poo poo or get me a postcard and I'll be happy either way.

Santee, I'm probably going to ignore everything you write me and I'll go overboard and send you some fun poo poo.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

E:

Grey Cat posted:

Seems like a lot of fun.
I am extra excited that you are doing this. There are rarely dreamcasts filled with mealworms sent by someone that has your name and address. Like, very rarely.

EE: I'M FULLY REGISTERED NOW YOU FUCKERS

EEE: Santa, I'm a desert dwelling punk(still??) Who is into weird and creepy poo poo, not performatively, but as lifestyle. I recently learned that there's a term for it, dark academia. My house is full of skulls and bones, tastefully. I'm not into wet specimens but I love me some oddities.

I love art, making and having. I am very communicative of you are, Santa. I'll answer any questions you have, and I'll try to curate my Amazon wishlist to give you a clue or general direction.

I oil and acrylic paint, I 3d print, I weld weird little sculptures sometimes. Animal lover, have a dog, cats, snake, chickens. Big into gardening, being a handy person.

Droogie fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 13, 2023

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Never posted what my santa got me last year because I was in a dumb place with my dumb brain but wanted to say thanks, I have pictures that I meant to post on a backup. I'll try and dig them up and share them, you were awesome and I was more than spoiled. :love: :ohdearsass:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
THIS RABBIT IS IN.

Dear Santa, I am a very good goon. Okay I'm lying but times are tough and good is kinda subjective.

To make it easy, I do have an Amazon list I can send you, but I also love personalized things. My favorite money and time waster is Pokemon Go, and I do a lot of dirty pour paint when the weather is nice. I also have aquariums and snakes and cats, so can always use more fish nets, cat treats and toys. My favorite Pokemon is Vaporeon (but i also like snorlax, dragonite, and magikarp) and my favorite transformers are Soundwave and Shockwave cause the Autobots suck.

Also, I'm doing a lot of acrylic paint dirty pour stuff while the weather is nice, so I can always use more paint!

Dear Santee,

if you do not post in this thread, I will stalk you a little. if you are a mostly lurker, i will stalk you a little. if you barely post, you will get whatever crap I think looks cool and I will send it because you put in little effort.

santa loves you, but you gotta make sure the chimney is not blocked.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 20, 2023

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

digitalist posted:

Never posted what my santa got me last year because I was in a dumb place with my dumb brain but wanted to say thanks, I have pictures that I meant to post on a backup. I'll try and dig them up and share them, you were awesome and I was more than spoiled. :love: :ohdearsass:

Be nice to yourself. Everyone in the SASS thread loves you regardless of your brain and the places it goes.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to mention the drat bee guitar picks!!! I just noticed them when I looked at the picture. They are so drat adorable and I use them every time I play. Thank you last year's Santa!

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
It is done. I am in for another year. Be afraid.

38 y/o transfem - Likes : Yakuza games, I have all of 'em but stuff related would be cool.
Dragons.
Bats (flying foxes are cool!)
Socialism
NSFW is fine but no dildos please
Bees are cool and good.
Local stuff from Your Place would be Cooler and Gooder (especially snacks, food, interesting things!)

Iymarra fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 28, 2023

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
A fine season!

Dear Santa,

I'm a bit of a lush, and have tasted all manner of exotic booze from all corners of the world to have poisoned and pickled myself extensively. A new potion or spice, one unfound on any earthly continent would suffice!

-BlueBlazer

Santee,

I will provide some sort of magic/and or cursed item of questionable power fulfilling a wish in a way both as requested and permitted by the limits of "worldly" goods. No matter the corner of this plane my elves will deliver, hopefully through minimal felonies.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
Dearest Snatter,

I am excited for this, the most wonderful event in the SA calendar. SASS is a fab way to connect with strangers, which is something I love to do.

My other interests include:
Travel
Weird stuff
Music and festivals
Fun art
Food and drink
Museums, gigs, etc
Supporting yo local independent business!

I have some pets: Maxolotl the axolotl, Wednesday the cat who thinks she's a dog, and a fuzzy partner. I have an anthropology degree and adore learning about different places and people.

My favourite colours are purple/blue/pink/black/teal and I usually take an L in unisex shirts.

You can send me just about anything! A local something is always appreciated, especially if it's consumable. But really, I just love giving and receiving prezzies.

Solidarity forever,

Bollock Monkey
aged 32 ¾

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
This is my favourite thread to read! You are aII so freaking nice to each other!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
hell yeah man

I make weird pottery. I like words. I like odd art. I like whatever strange foodstuffs I am sent. I am easy.

SANTEE: you are getting a goatse mug from me (the goatse mug dude)

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

BattyKiara posted:

This is my favourite thread to read! You are aII so freaking nice to each other!

No, you.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Oh hell to the gently caress yes, it's time! Let's do SASS #12!

Dear Santa! I am a 36-year-old male software developer out in sunny California. I am a huge nerd and I love games, all kinds of games. Video games, board games, card games, you name it. Games are loving expensive though, so I'll be much happier if you take the awesome route and get me something local and/or homemade, especially foodstuffs. I say this every year but I really am still using the giant glass mug I received in SASS 2011 :3:

I love black teas, chocolate, anything involving Oreos, and baked goods. I'm also allergic to cashews and pistachios and things made from them (other nuts are fine). It's not a death allergy, you don't have to sanitize the box or anything, but neither of those nuts please.

NWS poo poo is fine as long as it's inside the box and not something completely over-the-top like Goatse. Also please don't send me a t-shirt or other clothing, I won't wear it.

Dear Santee! I am awful at choosing gifts, so expect me to agonize over what to get you for weeks before I finally just choose something at random. There may or may not be some delicious baked goods in the box though!

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Finally signing up for this after years of waffling on it :toot:

For whoever gets me, I'm really into music, all kinds; bonus points if you want to send me some obscure EP or something. Love everything from yacht rock to prog, R&B to Japanese city pop so go nuts! Local merchandise/farmer's market-type bullshit from your area is also my kryptonite, along with sweets and baked goods. Honestly I'm down for whatever but you really can't go wrong with anything I just listed. Queer lady in her early 30s and a former art school kid if this helps inform your decisions at all :confuoot:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Alright! Time to gather goodies for my hapless victim, er, santee!

For my santa: I am a 61-year-old science teacher. I really like sciency stuff. Books, toys, anything sciency. Mrs. Genesplicer and I also like travel, and we like regional stuff. so if you have a favorite food from your area, we would love that, too!

And if you really want to, we have cats and small, cat-sized dogs, too!

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
In again, of course! SASS is the best.

…except I didn’t get my email, even in my spam folder. Which is weird because last year’s emails show up when I search.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

YESSS

Santa: I'm a 37 year old male goon, I love space, art, books, boats and my parrots. Speaking of parrots I have two, and they love treats.

I wear a size medium shirt, I enjoy beardcare products, and funny gifts.

Mostly if you make anything I love stuff that goons make.

Santee: :getin:

Karma Comedian fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Dec 2, 2023

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Genesplicer posted:

Alright! Time to gather goodies for my hapless victim, er, santee!

For my santa: I am a 61-year-old science teacher. I really like sciency stuff. Books, toys, anything sciency. Mrs. Genesplicer and I also like travel, and we like regional stuff. so if you have a favorite food from your area, we would love that, too!

And if you really want to, we have cats and small, cat-sized dogs, too!

in looking into other stuff I spotted a typo in your email address. I fixed it but you will have to click the button again also :ssh:

Ars Arcanum posted:

…except I didn’t get my email, even in my spam folder. Which is weird because last year’s emails show up when I search.

Karma Comedian posted:

Eta: waiting on my email too

I only skimmed the log but it doesn't look like it's tried sending mail to your address. did you click the "send me some poo poo" button behind the verify your email link? I don't have a good reason that doesn't happen on register, I'll see about adding that this week.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
Everything seems good now. I probably didn’t press the button hard enough or something stupid like that.

Anyway!

Santa: I’m a childless cat (and dog) lady in her 40s. As a typical goon I like video games and other nerdy crap, but one of the best things I like about SASS is seeing interesting local and/or handmade stuff from other goons. I’m easy though, so a box of regular ol’ bees is fine too. Just please don’t send stuff that has artificial scents in it because it will just make me sneeze or get a rash, and will promptly get tossed as far away from me as possible.

Santee: :black101:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm finally doing it. Taking the plunge.

Santa: I'm a 35 year old animation designer. Regional stuff is good as hell; I like oddities you can't find everywhere. I also like trying various foods, jams, spices, teas... Even if it's something I wouldn't typically pick, it's fun to try! I love anything to do with horror media and creepy things in general. Uh, I typically wear a size S shirt? I dunno. Oh yes, and I do love bees. My neighbor has an apiary and they are a joy when gardening.

Also! I garden, bake, and of course draw. I love animation and jaw about it a lot on these forums. I collect enamel pins and gaudy earrings- no worries on materials, my ears are not allergic! And I have cats and dogs that you can gift in my stead.

Santee: God, please post here. I once brought a beaver skull to a white elephant. (It was cool, dammit!)

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Back to sassing now I can afford it again.

34-year-old goon man

I suck at describing myself but will give it a go.

I play guitar and bass to an upper-intermediate level.I enjoy learning and speaking languages (main 3 currently are French, Spanish and German, plus a little Catalan, interested in learning Dutch, Portuguese and Lebanese Arabic at some point). I also do 3d modelling in Blender for fun, mostly to make spaceships. The majority of my nerdiness revolves around that: models of spaceships.

I like most kinds of food except for mushrooms, play games when I have the time and energy (detective, adventure, some strategy games). My apartment is quite small and I don't have a garden.

Bees welcome.

Please also be aware that my parcel must have my real name on it. I wasn't able to claim one once because it was addressed to my screenname and it had to be sent back.

Captain Splendid fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 13, 2023

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Hell yeah, time to get SASSy again.

Dearest Santa, I'm a mid thirties lady goon with a goon husband, two small children, and a cat who I think by the time Christmas rolls around will officially be smaller than both children, at least by weight. He and the baby weight about the same right now, but the cat is definitely longer. Whatever you want to send will be treasured, but like most folks any local treats or handmade shenanigans would be cool. A painting I received in my very first SASS is hanging on my wall right now. I like coffee, baking, and I'm sort of into photography, by which I mean I just bought myself a new camera and I lurk in the dorkroom. Nothing too NSFW and no clothes, please!

Dear Santee, I'm preparing to send out the bees and malort and bees with malort in their butts so when they sting you they put malort in you.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Successfully registered for another year! Have fun doing it every year, big thanks to Tiaz for taking on this project year after year.

To my Santa:
- 38 year old dude
- no kids but my partner and I have 4 cats (so cat stuff is always welcome)
- size medium in everything
- work in radio, partner works in healthcare
- have a switch, a ps4, and a pc (enjoy jrpg’s and srpg’s)
- really enjoy rock climbing, I’m a casual disc golfer
- love reading weird fiction and listening to new music
- I drink a lot of coffee and like weird fridge magnets
- wouldn’t say no to a thumb drive with weird media on it
- if you’re looking through my post history: yes I play magic: the gathering

Santee:
- I will look through your info and try to send some stuff you will like

Mezzanon fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamclam
Jan 19, 2005

I got in one little fight and my mom got scared she said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air!"
Yay! I hope I don't get shafted again this year hahah 🥲😶‍🌫️

Will fill out more when I get home and have my typewriter !

Ok I am back!

I am 35 years old so anything R rated i can probably handle. Canadian MAN Goon that hates the cold. I'm pretty much down for whatever but if you need a suggestion I would say I enjoy the finer things in life such as:
-Rock Climbing
-Small Musical stuff ie Kalimbas, shakers, that wooden frog thing.
-Cocktail bric-a-brac ie fancy bitters/garnishes or something
-BiCycling
-Anything weird
-No dietary restrictions. i eat everything (if you know what i mean..)
-"Fun" in the sun
-Mugs with animals on them
-Vintage or Non Vintage Shirts with Animals on them (size L)
-Pranks?
-Ladies Choice 😉
-Feel free to re-gift something weird from you home

Last year my Santa didn't send anything so if you're looking for the perfect gift you could just Doxx them for me.

MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU FILTHY ANIMALS.

Update: I'm 36 now 🎂 🥳

Hamclam fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 7, 2023