Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

There appears to be a skeleton living in your Christmas tree, better get that checked.

Still no word from my Santee despite the tracking showing that their parcel was signed for all the way back in early January.

Same :sigh: that's probably the last sass I'll do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme

:ohdearsass: How many years have you been participating Karma Comedian?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

On one hand, I think a gift should be given unconditionally, but on the other hand nothing kills SASS spirit like not hearing from Santee.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Karma Comedian posted:

Same :sigh: that's probably the last sass I'll do

You were a good Santa to me some years ago and i hope your spirit returns

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I can take pictures of things and pretend you sent them to me, karma.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Hey, Santa, I decided I wanted some hot chocolate so I opened the sealed box you sent me and it had more gifts in it instead?! :argh:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

On one hand, I think a gift should be given unconditionally, but on the other hand nothing kills SASS spirit like not hearing from Santee.

Yeah it kinda feels lovely that I put a lot of thought into what I sent to them, and not hearing from them can mean that it's either lost in transit as if it fell off the plane, or they didn't care enough about what I sent to share it with people ITT, which makes me sound fairly selfish when I think about it, but one of the things I love about the thread every year is seeing the joy of people opening their gifts and gushing over what they got from people they'll never cross paths with.

Probably smarts for me especially since my Christmas was kinda lovely, I didn't get what could be considered thoughtful gifts from people I had put a lot of care and thought into buying gifts for, and I spent the day itself alone which is something I've never done before.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Grey Cat posted:

Let's just all post our addresses and we can all stalk each other and send surprises.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Let's just all post our addresses and we can all stalk each other and send surprises.

That's what the Year-Long Goonmail and Holiday Card Exchange thread is for!

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

A lot of the fun of these threads is to see what other people get, so yeah it's a bummer when the Santee doesn't post. I'd never have learned that the Santaur exists otherwise.

I did get word from my Santee, so I at least know mine made it. SASS is still a highlight of every year though, especially the rough ones, so I'll definitely keep coming back.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
It sounds like several Santees had a lot going on this time and couldn't get round to posting. There's always next year, and hopefully the gifts that arrived were all appreciated.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
On the upside, I'd rather hear about people who didn't post their presents than hear about people who never got their presents. One of my buddies gave up on this exchange after being deadbeated two years in a row.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Scudworth posted:

You were a good Santa to me some years ago and i hope your spirit returns

:cheers: I will bounce back!

Grey Cat posted:

<3

E:

Pixelante posted:

On the upside, I'd rather hear about people who didn't post their presents than hear about people who never got their presents. One of my buddies gave up on this exchange after being deadbeated two years in a row.

I will send your buddy a gift right now if they will post it itt

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

Karma Comedian posted:

:cheers: I will bounce back!

<3

E:

I will send your buddy a gift right now if they will post it itt

no one has to send me presents to post presents I didn't even do sass this year and I'll post a late Xmas gift my friend just sent me. he has an abandoned SA account so that counts right?

Lorcana starters! His family is hard into playing this so he's sharing the joy!

Hand-made shawl from his wife for my partner! it's super soft!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I just got this package today. That's crazy it looks like we're neighbors, what are the odds?

Lotta good looking stuff in here!

Looks like a 3d printed... eevee?
A stuffed river otter, it is super cute.
A copy of beetle adventure racing for the n64, what a classic, you have great taste.
And is that... catnip spray? Ohohoh, you know me too well.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Another SASSmas miracle!

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
So apparently my gift came to my local post office 5 days ago and I didn't get any message or anything . I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
SASSMAS miracles itt

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Lot of delayed gratification this SASS. I like seeing the cheer into February.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Grey Cat posted:

I just got this package today. That's crazy it looks like we're neighbors, what are the odds?

Lotta good looking stuff in here!

Looks like a 3d printed... eevee?
A stuffed river otter, it is super cute.
A copy of beetle adventure racing for the n64, what a classic, you have great taste.
And is that... catnip spray? Ohohoh, you know me too well.

I hope you enjoy the spray, I sprayed the otter with it

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Karma Comedian posted:

I hope you enjoy the spray, I sprayed the otter with it

That would explain why I've been tossing it around the house for hours :3:

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Literally A Person posted:

SASSMAS miracles itt

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Probably smarts for me especially since my Christmas was kinda lovely... and I spent the day itself alone which is something I've never done before.

I'm really sorry this year was especially difficult. The first holiday alone hurts, but if it happens to you again I found it gets much easier as long as you create your own traditions and prioritize time to do them.

I recommend you start planning what would be the most thoughtful gift you could get and buying it for yourself well in advance. Wrap it up beautifully and keep it in a stocking or under the tree most of December and opening it Christmas morning as a treat for yourself.

I also think making charitable donations or volunteering helps around the holidays. And SASS helps a ton. 💛

I think I'll hop on over to the year long holiday card and letter exchange thread for exactly this reason.

Edit:

PlaneGuy posted:

I didn't even do sass this year and I'll post a late Xmas gift my friend just sent me. he has an abandoned SA account so that counts right?

You should both jump in for 2024 SASS!

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 21, 2024

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

Well, awful news. For some reason I don' know how santa sent the package but at the post office they are saying I have to pay 50 bucks in taxes, something I am in no position to afford so I'm really sorry Santa, thank you but I'm not getting it and don't k ow what's gonna happen to it.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
I assume that could only happen if the stated value on the customs form was in the hundreds?

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

Scudworth posted:

I assume that could only happen if the stated value on the customs form was in the hundreds?

Yeah, last year I bought a gpu and a motherboard, both for like 160 I got taxed the same as now.
Hey santa if you're still here shoot me a mail at indefatigable360@hotmail.com so we may try to fix this

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

Also as the absolute kicker I just got home and found the note telling me to go pick up the package lol.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Okay but now I gotta know what's in your gift
I got :10bux: who else

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Start a fund and I'll chip in if it means you can pick up your own Christmas gifts

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

Well, I don't want to bother , but if anyone really want to help the mail I posyed is also my paypal. Normally I would decline but life has sucked enough already.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Karma Comedian posted:

Okay but now I gotta know what's in your gift
I got :10bux: who else

Me too! We gotta know whats in the box!

I just paypaled your account, indefatigable360@hotmail.com, $10 American buckaroos!

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Sent $10 to find out what's in the box/give this goon a good February Christmas

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
I've chipped in too. The mystery of the box is enticing!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
What's in the box!!??

:bighow:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXOjyv4d998

but hopefully not

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Literally A Person posted:

SASSMAS miracles itt

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Coming back to say- I MUST KNOW. Please put my 15 bucks toward you having a better day.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Looks like op has enough money to get the box now.
Go get that box op! We're dying to know.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
THE BOX. THE BOX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

What's the most likely option? Customs being poo poo, Santa lying/loving up the stated value, or it actually being something amazing?

B O X