Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Hamclam posted:

Yay! I hope I don't get shafted again this year hahah 🥲😶‍🌫️

Will fill out more when I get home and have my typewriter !

Sending you a copy of Shaft on DVD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

gently caress yes! I’m in.

Santa: I’m a 38 yo male goon with 2 rabbits. Love: alternative music, savoury foods, forensics, RuPaul’s Drag Race, maps, peaty whisky, witchy poo poo and Pulitzer winning books. 420 friendly, but not essential.

Santee: I’ll read your bio and try my best!

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
I am in.

I enjoy all kinds of things, just like your regional things that are neat.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I've been collecting used razor blades and needles and broken glass for months in anticipation of the return of SASS!

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Oh my gosh I'm so excited, this is legit one of the only things I look forward to at Christmas every year!

HELLO SANTA! I'm a 36 year old Canadian married to my wonderful husband. I've been doing SASS for many years (from an old account and this one) and I'm excited to be your Santee! This year is going to be a weird Christmas for me, as I'm having bariatric surgery on the 27th of December and will not be able to enjoy any edible goods you might send. My husband, however, will probably love to eat anything you might include!

What I WOULD love is things from your area! Tell me about the place you live in, whether it be in tchotchkes, books, tapes, or music. I want to know more about your part of the world! If you want to send a shirt, I'm currently a size 1/2XL in shirt, but as I'm probably gonna be shrinking feel free to send something smaller.

Otherwise my husband and I are big into Pokemon, Zelda, space in general, D&D, and our cat Spud.

SANTEE, my husband has access to a 3D resin printer. EXPECT BEES!!!!

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I know it's early days still, but uh, where the gently caress is everyone at? Join in, people! Register! Get out the vote?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

People just don't have the SASSmas spirit like they used to I guess. They've forgotten the real reason for the season.

Bees.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

People just don't have the SASSmas spirit like they used to I guess. They've forgotten the real reason for the season.

Bees.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

I think people don't go to GBS as much as they used to. If we took this show on the road or it got Admin posted it'd probably get more people in!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

We live in Japan so keep it small and light, we have kids so no NSFW but loltastic is good. Our favorite candies that I can't buy locally are Reese's peanut butter cups and Nerds gummy clusters.

Please PM me on the SASS site about any details!

FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING a real name and phone number is usually required so I included these in my registration.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

ChickenDoodle posted:

I think people don't go to GBS as much as they used to. If we took this show on the road or it got Admin posted it'd probably get more people in!

Who gonna dm the boss and owner?

Daemonicus
Sep 21, 2004
I truly look forward to SASS every year.

And because I've gotten old and nothing's really changed just gonna repost what I posted last year and the year before that.

Santa,
I like stuff and things. I like cat stuff and cat things, whether they are cat themed or for cats, whatevs. I like local stuff and local things. I like functional/useful/practical stuff and functional/useful/practical things. I have some oven mitts that I got in SASS 2007 that I still use. I've gotten socks in the past few years that are still in my regular sock rotation.
I don't like anything with caffeine - coffee, chocolate, tea, energy drinks, soap, etc. I'm caffeine intolerant, so it's a no go.

If none of that is making your Santa senses tingle, I'd also be completely happy with a donation to a good, worthy cause in my name or in your name or in the name of SASS or in the name of fartbuttz lol.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Mezzanon posted:

Who gonna dm the boss and owner?

I tried DM'ing Pragmatica about boosting the thread in her weekend announcement but I couldn't do it unfortunately :smith:

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
I'm a 40-something goonette who lives on the west coast of Canada. I like snowflakes, feathers, and stars. I'm also into coffee, tea, and snacks--though I cannot stand chocolate mixed with fruit or mint! Would love to see something local to you, Santa. Handmade or regifted stuff is great. Every year I get something unexpected and precious, so I trust the process and enjoy some friendly chaos.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I had a (fun?) idea, especially because while I can put something out, I find it harder and harder to write about me and my likes each year, and I sort of notice the same feeling from some others.

I think it would be neat to post like 2 or 3 photos maximum that are indicative of your vibe, however you may interpret that.

Sort of like a guide marker for what you're like or where your interests may be. Like, my interests or esthetic ranges from A to B. They can be from your life or representative of it.

Or not. I dunno. I'm just an ideas guy.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Tree Bucket posted:

a hand-crafted Vlad the Impaler decorative wall hanging!!

I am once again compelled to take a shot of Emily Spinach's gift of surprise malort whenever I read this sentence.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Happy SASS season, friends!
I've been a participant many times now. I'd guess double digits. I haven't been posting much this year outside of the r/r and fantasy football threads. It has been a busy, busy year for me!
I would be pleased as punch to receive local goodies or souvenirs, unique postcards, a good book (thrillers), movies (bluray preferred). Please, no tee shirts or wall art. ALSO, I have a 7 year old flat coat retriever that loves any and all toys. I am happy to use the message system on the website if you have any questions or just like to chat / send mysterious messages.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I've done many different SASS but not this SASS so here we go!
I like local things, booze, games, tatty 2nd hand books, various awful films and bees are cool.
My home is a hoard of worthless junk which you can add to!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I tried DM'ing Pragmatica about boosting the thread in her weekend announcement but I couldn't do it unfortunately :smith:

Prags is taking some well deserved time off

Let me check with other mods but I don't see it as a problem. I think we can appoint a thread IK and have them move it

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Hey, I'd like to sign up for this :)

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Deathslinger posted:

Hey, I'd like to sign up for this :)

Follow the link and sign up then!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Prags is taking some well deserved time off

Let me check with other mods but I don't see it as a problem. I think we can appoint a thread IK and have them move it

Sounds fun! Also sounds like you're already aware but if we go ahead I will ask that we be cautious of subforums that may already have their own; I want to make sure we don't stomp all over a local tradition.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Droogie posted:

I know it's early days still, but uh, where the gently caress is everyone at? Join in, people! Register! Get out the vote?

Same. It took me years of lurking SASS threads but not participating, then I finally decided to do it…I don’t remember how long ago, maybe 2008 or so?

It used to be a huge thread, and while I’m happy it’s gotten nicer (yes, the mealworms thing was funny, but some people were seriously just being dicks for “teh lulz”), I wish more folks would participate now.

Join us in sending and receiving malort and dioramas of the Cadaver Synod and lovely cat portraiture and random light-up wolf hats!

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Do we still have to add a special code to our profile? I'm on holiday so I'm stuck using the awful app for the next week or so :ohdear:

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Captain Splendid posted:

Do we still have to add a special code to our profile? I'm on holiday so I'm stuck using the awful app for the next week or so :ohdear:

Yes. The code changes every year to make sure it's really you signing up intentionally again.

I thought you could edit profile in the awful app? Anyway, in a week is still plenty of time. I'll send out nagmail towards the end of the month for anyone who hasn't yet completed verification. :)

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Signed up! Didn't see the registration link in the OP but I guess that's me being a dumdum. :)

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

tiaz posted:

I thought you could edit profile in the awful app?

I don't think you can, but I had no problem using my mobile browser to edit my profile. :shrug:

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I don't think you can, but I had no problem using my mobile browser to edit my profile. :shrug:

Same here. Could I have waited to get home to my laptop? Yes. Did I? No.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

My mistake! Good to hear there's a workaround anyway.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

kafkasgoldfish posted:

I am once again compelled to take a shot of Emily Spinach's gift of surprise malort whenever I read this sentence.

I'd post it again, but don't wish to be charged for manslaughter.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
I cannot be part of this, but I wish I couId, I reaIIy wish!

(AIso, you wouId hate my idea of gifts to give, I grew up with weird traditions)

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

BattyKiara posted:

(AIso, you wouId hate my idea of gifts to give, I grew up with weird traditions)

No gift is too weird. For instance I got a hand-crafted decorative Vlad the Impaler wall hanging!

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

BattyKiara posted:

So long as it doesn't spoil en route, it's pretty much anything goes.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

kafkasgoldfish posted:

This reminded me that I have a "surprise" hip flask sized bottle of salmiakki liqueur that I got in SASS a few years ago that almost got be disowned.
Hey, Mom said she liked black licorice! Not my fault she couldn't handle it! :D

Gonna go take a nip of that now...

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Tree Bucket posted:

No gift is too weird. For instance I got a hand-crafted decorative Vlad the Impaler wall hanging!

I have one, too! It's a slab of pine (With bark on the edges) that has the famous image of Vlad enjoying dinner amid a bunch of impaled bodies, woodburned onto the surface.

Hoplosternum
Jun 2, 2010

:parrot:
I'm keen to participate again this year, third one I think.

I'm late 30s lady goon with a beloved cat and 6 little frogs. I like weird stuff, video games, board games, animals & nature, bugs. I'm addicted to Pokemon Go. I'm game to try any food, and love sweet stuff. (If you send food, it's gotta be processed and packaged for NZ border biosecurity). I quite like magnets, enamel pins, fun socks, plushies, little plastic toys, anything weird/cursed.

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs
Now I've got a gun SASS registration

Ho Ho Ho

Santa:

Dear repeating meme Santa,
I'm a witchy gamer girl that loves cartoons and sci fi. Among game types I like are: viddy games, RPGs (although RM loving _nailed_ it the past couple years with a killer spread of various systems :3), and board games. If you're of inclination for any of dems for gifting, I can share wishlists if you'd like due to owning far too many of each.

Loves me some indie comics and Locked Tomb series, as well.

Homemade stuffs is amaaaaaaze and always more than welcome.

For witchy, stuffs that can be used in trinket crafting and casting (only positive stuff with gifted ingredients and I do keep 'em separate for that reason) and am a slut for femme and cute tarot decks X3

Treats: Chocolate and/or anything regional into my facehole will be awesome.

Beyond that, whatever yer down with sharing with a human that is not you and is trying her best :3

Santee: Prepare your face for fun! >:3c (and at least one talisman)

PS: If someone else ends up with repeating meme this year, know they crush it and are super cool, to boot.

Shy and Shameless fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Dec 4, 2023

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Captain Splendid posted:

Post your password in the thread and someone will be able to update your profile

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
"hunter2"

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid