Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
HELLLL YEAHH! I'm so excited for another SASSmas! Thank you for coordinating this Tiaz! :peanut:

I'm working on registering now. Successfully registered and verified.

Edit:

Saaaaaantaaaaa! I think I've been pretty good this year. I'm sorry I hollered at the old man in the park. I still think I deserve a letter and a little treat. I mostly just lurk in GBS, Goons with Spoons and the Fitness Forum, so here's a little bit about me:

- I'm a 38 female from Minnesota. I love the 80's and I would describe myself as very blonde, girly, and my favorite color is baby pink.

- I love food, cooking, baking, and prepping adorable bento boxes. I enjoy cookbooks from the 40's-50's. I get really into international cuisine and hunting down new spices and ingredients. If you want to send me a recipe card of your favorite dish or something you just invented I will really enjoy making it. I enjoy grocery shopping, meal prepping, and I watch a lot of food related tv/documentaries. Feel free to send local treats, but please no meat, black licorice, or incredibly intense hot sauce. I also enjoy coffee and tea.

- I'm really into health, fitness and working out. I've lost 115 lbs on my own and I can now complete Jane Fonda's 55 minute advanced aerobic workout. I could use a sweatband.

- I regularly meditate and do yoga, and I'm also into lucid dreaming. I like rocks, crystals, smudge, incense, tarot/oracle cards, essential oils, and herbalism/entheogens. My library checkout history would make me look like a witchy anthropology student.

- I'm into beauty supplies like hairclips, soaps, lotions, potions, ointments, elixirs, tinctures, liniments, lip gloss, or whatever new snake oil that claims it will make me look pretty.

Anything you send will be lovingly appreciated

Santee,
I'll probably get you at least one thing local to Minnesota. I'm fairly crafty, so I'll try to make you a little something homemade too. I will lurk through your post history and do my best to get you something you will enjoy. Bees have been ordered.

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Nov 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...
Oh God, I did lots of mescaline and I woke up registered for Secret Santa.

Oh well!

Hi, I'm nullandvoid, and I've been on this forum for too goddamn long. I got drunk one time and ordered a custom trophy for myself for 10 years of membership on this website, and then lost it about 3 weeks after I got it because I got drunk again.

I had to stop drinking, and I haven't had a drink since November of 2017.

But I really like reading, and I found that I'm able to pick up and learn languages really quickly. Right now I'm relearning Latin and practicing my calligraphy. Recent reads include the Jakarta method, Mother Chicago, In the Garden of Beasts, Ethics in the Real World, and Blueprint for Revolution.

It's pretty clear I have no certain taste and it's questionable if I have any taste at all.

I'm also teaching myself piano as a type of mental and physical therapy. I've been looking for a copy of Anthology by Depeche mode. It's a 200ish page book that is full of sheet music of select songs of theirs over the decades.

I used to teach JKD and FMA. I'm still very interested in both of these and keep a finger on the pulse of the community while not actively participating in it. I do my own training on my own time and I'm always looking to branch out into different weapon styles on different continents. I would like to learn more about African handheld weapons and their uses.

I'm also really interested in general history of the Philippines, mostly on the northern half. I am trying to learn more about what life was like in the Philippines in the years before 1527, which was the major event in which the Philippines handed Magellan his rear end and killed him in battle.

Regardless of who sends what or doesn't send what, every single one of you is valued and I hope you recognize that you are the light that brightens the day of someone near you.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

GIMME YOUR BEES, SANTA!!!!

Hello once again! So, we've been at this for a few years now, but I'm J.A.B.C. and I like reading, playing games (got big into Fighting Games), I write for a Medium blog and I finally have the chance to grow a beard and do cool poo poo now that I'm out of the military. It also means I can get cool poo poo in the mail because I'm no longer overseas or on an Army base where they check my package like I'm getting anthrax.

Please don't ship me Anthrax. I'm vaccinated but my wife and dog are not, it would be very rude.

FOR MY SANTEE: Expect local foodstuffs, a few novelties, some 3D Printed crafts and maybe something crocheted by my lovely wife.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
9th or 10th year doing this poo poo with you assholes :sassargh:

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I haven't done a forums santa exchange in many years but I guess I ought to try again??

I am a round middle-aged American ladyperson who likes ordinary stuff like videogames and food and also less ordinary things like completely inexplicable manga, gigantic toys, and trashy seventy-year-old pulp thrillers. I have two playful cats and no children, playful or otherwise, so NSFW is fine as long as I can explain it to my partner without choking to death on embarrassment.

- I like local foods and treats from other places! I'm not really into booze, but heck, if you wanna send it, I'll probably try it. I have no food-related allergies.
- I like pretty much any sort of weird decorative item! The weirder, the better, as far as I'm concerned. I like funny stuff and handmade stuff. I have bookshelves and wall space.
- I like oversized t-shirts (2X or so), especially t-shirts that make absolutely no goddamn sense - I like hearing "Your t-shirt... what IS that?"
- I have a lot of weird dolls and action figures made by artists from all over the world. I am the kind of person who would probably actually appreciate a box of glass eyeballs or ironically-chosen Barbie shoes. You have been warned.

I have a chill and slow-moving tumblr where I post things like pictures of my cats, screenshots of my videogames, and photos of random things I found on the ground. This will probably be more helpful than my post history, but I guess you never know.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

I should probably say a bit about myself, eh?

I'm a 38-year-old guy from London, UK. I work as a bartender (duh) and am an avid home cook. I'm also a huge geek and love video games, comic books, comedy movies, board games and drawing (badly). I'm a keen football fan, an amateur poker player, and enjoy cycling round the local parks in my spare time. I also like collecting things from other parts of the world, so something from your local area would be lovely!

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Dear Santee:

I just cut out a couple of those small clumps of matted fur from near the ears that longhair cats of a certain age get when they can't reach so well.

I can't wait to send these out to you.

Supine Sunshine
Feb 14, 2012
Aw yes, this lurker is in.

For my Santa: I'm a goonette who has seen four decades. I live with my (best boy) dog and some (fresh water) fish. I'm set to start a new job that's fully WFH. The coldest months are coming up where I live, and the colder it gets the more the dog wants to be out and the less I do. Anything cozy to help me get through/recover from doggler enforced neighborhood patrols would be welcome. I like video (Zelda, Stardew Valley) and board (Carcassonne, Azul) games, reading and audiobooks (sci-fi/fantasy), low-maintenance plants, meditation, nail polish, candles and skin/hair care. I like both tea/tisanes and coffee. Size medium shirt, and pierced ears. Would love your arts/crafts/local delicacies. I have celiac so can't eat gluten, and I don't eat much meat but if there's a wheaterifc/carniverific local treat that you'd love to share I will gladly give it to the husband.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Picayune posted:

I have a chill and slow-moving tumblr where I post things like pictures of my cats, screenshots of my videogames, and photos of random things I found on the ground. This will probably be more helpful than my post history, but I guess you never know.

This is a really good idea, I think

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Tree Bucket posted:

This is a really good idea, I think

I can absolutely link my Tumblr to my Santa once we're paired up, it'll be a trash fire experience i'm sure

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

ChickenDoodle posted:

I can absolutely link my Tumblr to my Santa once we're paired up, it'll be a trash fire experience i'm sure

I hope I get you, and not my usual "one post from 2004 who also doesn't answer questions and never posts about their present in the thread."

Interaction is fun!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I think the only posts on my Tumblr are the Cadbury embyos I posted on SA 15 years ago or whenever

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Pixelante posted:

I hope I get you, and not my usual "one post from 2004 who also doesn't answer questions and never posts about their present in the thread."

Interaction is fun!

Those people get toenail clippings from "Santa". They're all sorts of fun colors!

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

ChickenDoodle posted:

Those people get toenail clippings from "Santa". They're all sorts of fun colors!

One year I didn't get a response at all until I told them I was going to make a charitable donation in their name if I didn't hear anything.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
I am once again thanking Tiaz for enabling this malarkey, it's a lovely Xmas tradition.

Santa: Every year #1 on my list is 1 weird and/or unique Christmas tree ornament, preferably only one or two because I'm running out of room on the tree for more. The general guide is that the harder it would be for me to replace the better (looking at you generic shiny balls). So that often means handmade, vintage, just plain weird, local, or some combo of those. I have a hand painted goatse ornament, felt clitoris, and Santaur hanging on the tree along with antique bird ornaments inherited from my Grandma if that gives you any ideas about the range of what is going on.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

If you like weird ornaments I'd look up Dogzilla lives and watch for her ornament sale on Friday :ssh:

(Santa you may also look up that artist for an idea of the weird stuff I like)

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Hey, it's way too late here, I was a moron, and forgot the username for the SASS site has to be the same, do I re-register or can I link it some other way/can you delete the current profile?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Battle Pigeon posted:

Hey, it's way too late here, I was a moron, and forgot the username for the SASS site has to be the same, do I re-register or can I link it some other way/can you delete the current profile?

If you don't have the relevant code in your profile then you don't get assigned , right? So you can just re-register.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Thanks. I finally got some sleep and have now managed to accomplish the incredible achievement of registering an account on a website, so here goes-

----------

Year 8 of Sassmas! Only been stiffed once, but had an excellent ReSass that year full of cool mythology and art/reference books

Santa: Here's specific things I like, but it's just to get ideas.

-Bird themed stuff, especially parrots. I have three of my own, they're all assholes :3:
-I do art stuff and collect concept art books ("The Art of ---"). Dinosaur figurines, non ceramic dragons, things with interesting horns, skulls etc for drawing references are A+
-Love D&D podcasts and sketching relevant stuff, but haven't played before. D&D books are cool for both gaming and drawing references, I've received a Monster Manual and Fizban's Guide via SASSmas and they're both still in regular use!
-Local food and items are cool, handmade things are cool, you're cool

Despite living in the EU unfortunately I'm a Brit, so if a UK address works better, let me know. Also means I'm very familiar with Brit foods/snacks etc but feel free to throw in a Terry's chocolate orange anyway. No to liquorice, American chocolate, glitter, poo. NSFW stuff is fine

Santee: Hope you like art, chocolate, local tat, and bees. I also like doing art for my Santee, who knows?

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 23, 2023

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
SASS is how I learned that, living in Australia, I'm not allowed to send through the mail any skulls I find in the forest.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Tree Bucket posted:

SASS is how I learned that, living in Australia, I'm not allowed to send through the mail any skulls I find in the forest.

In one SA exchange I got some fountain pen ink samples in blood vials. You better believe customs rummaged through that one.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Did I miss sign up??

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
YESSSS!!!

COWER IN FEAR SANTEE!! WHAT WILL YOU GET?? WHAT DO YOU MOST FEAR??? VICSIOUS DOGS???? HORNETS??????? CLOWNS?????????? TIME TO EXPERIENCE THE ULTIMATE PRIMAL HUMAN EXPERIENCE; FEAR!!!!!!!!!!

:yeshaha::yeshaha::yeshaha:

Oh, you'll probs get tsome saltwater taffy or something too. but def some kind of horrible nightmare thing as well. Maybs a t-shirt.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Uh I'm not able to verify my profile, who should I ask for advice? I'm unable to link my SA account to the site and don't see where to put in my handle or whatever.

Leon Sumbitches fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 24, 2023

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Uh I'm not able to verify my profile, who should I ask for advice? I'm unable to link my SA account to the site and don't see where to put in my handle or whatever.

I edited my profile and put the sass 2024 code in the description box of my profile and it worked. Otherwise Tiaz is the one to ask for assistance if you're getting a sass error.

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 24, 2023

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Ulillinguist posted:

I edited my profile and put the sass 2024 code in the description box of my profile and it worked. Otherwise Tiaz is the one to ask for assistance if you're getting a sass error.

I've tried that. I don't see where I'm meant to enter my SA user name to tell the site which profile to look for, which I think might be the problem.

I'll reach out to Tiaz, thanks

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I've tried that. I don't see where I'm meant to enter my SA user name to tell the site which profile to look for, which I think might be the problem.

I'll reach out to Tiaz, thanks

When you log into the sass website you have to use your SA username Leon Sumbitches and *EDIT: create a new password.* That's how the sass site knows which SA account to verify

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 28, 2023

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Ulillinguist posted:

When you log into the sass website you have to use your SA username Leon Sumbitches and password.

You absolutely do not have to use your SA password for SASS to work, and probably shouldn't. tiaz is good people but why take the risk.

But yes you must use your SA username.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Ah. Instructions unclear, I used my mom's maiden name as my username and SSN as my password.

Time to try again, thanks y'all.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

csammis posted:

You absolutely do not have to use your SA password for SASS to work, and probably shouldn't. tiaz is good people but why take the risk.

But yes you must use your SA username.

This is correct. Do not use your SA password for SASS. I promise I (or someone who successfully compromises SASS somehow) can't meaningfully recover whatever your password is based on what is stored, but anyone can claim that. The tooltips if you hover over the fields on the registration page say this (sort of), I'll make it explicit and not a hover dialog.

Your username, however, must be exactly identical to the one used on SA, spaces and all, for verification. It is this way to make it obvious to you that you have already signed up in case you habitually use multiple emails or whatever (the site will not allow a second registrant with an identical username) - and it's simpler on my end to have it be 1:1, I don't have to worry about who "wins" a registration race for your username, etc. Whatever your SASS username is, that's the SA profile it's going to look up to verify your membership.
Sorry for the delay Battle Pigeon this applies to you and anyone else who ran into this as well.

You can change things about your SASS profile, but your username is not one of them. If you've signed up under the wrong username, you have these options:
1) Send me a message that verifies it's you-on-SA asking me to change it for you. I don't mind at all, but prove it's you - include the bad username, your real username, your email address or anything else I can use to verify that you are really the person. SA PMs are ideal since they're clearly you.
2) Sign up under the correct username and accept that you will receive nagmail for the "wrong" username when I start sending out "if you don't verify your profile you won't be assigned!" mail in a week. A SASS account is only paired up if it has both verified the profile and email (gets the "Verdict: Good" message after login).
3) do 2 and then contact me to delete the bad one, including proof it's you (on SA/SASS, don't send me your driver's license or something, I don't need any information you don't already submit to SASS for this).

I prefer 1 since I don't really mind taking care of it for you and it minimizes the chance for confusion.

e: to clarify another thing, whatever you put in the 'social security number' field is not stored. Don't put your social security number in any of the fields. I realize that can't be verified (though you may note that if something is wrong with your registration that field is not repopulated) so maybe I'll remove it, but you can put whatever in there or nothing without affecting your registration.

tiaz fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 24, 2023

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Empty Sandwich posted:

I think the only posts on my Tumblr are the Cadbury embyos I posted on SA 15 years ago or whenever

Holy crap, I remember stealing your idea. Erm... Extending your thoughts with my own.

(You did amazing work!)

Tree Bucket posted:

Well, poo poo, that's the kind of thing I'd love to have. I'd put them on display on my skull shelf. (That's a shelf I have in my house with a bunch of skulls on it. Once in a while I take them to school to play comparative anatomy.)

Genesplicer fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Nov 24, 2023

Frijin
Jul 17, 2015
Long time lurker, first time caller.

I enjoy reading, video games, MTG, D&D and apparently being the most generic white guy geek possible.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Genesplicer posted:

Holy crap, I remember stealing your idea. Erm... Extending your thoughts with my own.

you joined in, in the spirit of the thread (and made an ostrich-egg sized one iirc (stands to reason: more science))

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

tiaz posted:

This is correct. Do not use your SA password for SASS. I promise I (or someone who successfully compromises SASS somehow) can't meaningfully recover whatever your password is based on what is stored, but anyone can claim that. The tooltips if you hover over the fields on the registration page say this (sort of), I'll make it explicit and not a hover dialog.

Ah, there's the problem. I registered on mobile, no hovering to be done.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Yay SASS!

I’m a 35 year old goonette! I make all the silly game day baseball threads in Sports Argrument Stadium, as well as run the goon baseball server.My favorite team is the Chicago Cubs :cubs:

I also like Nintendo, cats, and cute things. Most of all, I would love things from your hometown! I don’t have any allergies that I’m aware of, but I’d appreciate if there isn’t anything NSFW/NSFL on the outside of the box. I also have a kitten named Dimitri. He’s 6 months old and very energetic.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Pulling Miz Kriss as a santa is win af. We still put up the Santa skull painting every year at Christmas. My 5 year old absolutely adores it.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
For some reason I always think this thread gets posted after US Turkey Day so I'm glad to be in yet again. My body is ready.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Dear santa,

I love maps and learning about history. I like to read old sci-fi magazines ( think analog/azimov/science fiction and fantasy/etc). I volunteer my time at the local film society housed in a century old theater, and one of the highlights of my year is an annual all-night horror movie festival where they screen old / obscure / low-budget horror films. Getting outside for hikes, or just to lounge in nature, is something i like a lot when its not drizzling rain here in the PNW. I spend a lot of time practicing circus arts at the local community aerial studio, including juggling, chinese yo-yo, trapeze, ropes, and silks. I play some games sometimes, and those usually take the form of city-builders or grand strategy games, though I've been known to get into RPGs on occasion. I like boardgames too, but struggle to get groups together for them.

No food allergies, im off the booze / weed now but still very much on coffee and chocolate. In clothing sizes i tend to fall into a mens small, I wear a lot of black and button up flannels so anything to liven that up could be fun. my ears are pierced and funky earings are rad.

In the past i've really liked the regional gifts people have sent; snacks, local history, framed pictures, memorabilia, etc. Anything unique to Santa or the area they hail from is always an extra special gift.

Happy SASS,
Repeating Meme

P.S. If i Shy and Shameless for the third time in a row I'll try remember this time and not to get you any repeat gifts again!

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Another year gone by already? Holy poo poo.

Dear Santa;

I'm an old lady goon who has a husband and an elderly chinchilla who is very, very, very angry. My favorite things to get are things that are unique to where you are. I have things out in my house from every SASS Santa I've ever had and I love them all. If you want to send an ornament, be aware that I have a stupidly fiddly aluminum tree so nothing too heavy please.

Please no clothing as I have sensory issues. I prefer no NSFW, but otherwise go nuts!

Santee:

Hello there, I am from the land of snakes, scorpions, and plants that want to murder you. Expect things from the desert... maybe even some creepy things, probably not any murder plants though, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numb Three Ers
Jul 7, 2007
What do you mean it's pronouced "numbers"?
I finally have disposable income again so I can participate!

Dear future Santa:
As your average goon (i.e a 30 something male basement dweller) my tastes should be fairly easy to figure out. If you need some help, I play Magic the gathering, collect pins, build lego, read comics, play video games. You know, the unusual.

If you have a movie, book or band that you would love to share, I would appreciate it greatly.

I don't have any allergies or severe aversions to anything in particular, but please do not send anything with a very strong smell. Like a perfume, or a bowl of potpourri. (I don't know why you would send me perfume, just being cautious.)

But don't worry too much, I will appreciate whatever you send. One year I forgot about SASS until the last second and sent my santee a bunch of crap I had laying around my room, so I doubt you could do much worse.

Thanks in advance!