Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

quote:

Hybrid work in an uncertain economic climate is causing many leaders to rethink how to scale meaningful connections among their distributed teams. More than half (51 percent) of employees surveyed for our Work Trend Index say relationships outside their immediate work group have weakened.

For over 10 years, Yammer has been the social fabric for Microsoft’s productivity cloud, bringing community and conversations into the apps that people work in daily. However, in an increasingly distributed world of work, community engagement is essential to how people and teams come together and is a critical pillar of the employee experience, which is why last year we introduced Microsoft Viva Engage, an evolution of the Yammer Communities app in Microsoft Teams, as the newest part of Microsoft Viva.

My team started posting relatively important announcements on Viva Engage instead of via email, so now we are expected to check it daily, as well as 5-6 other Viva Engage communities. Thats productive.

share your favorite Yammer and Viva Engage moments itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

it took me years to realize the yammer beer pong tables were some microsoft product branded beer pong tables not just the name brand of some type of beer pong table. like what's the difference between a yammer table and your standard folding table?

i'll admit, i'm not a smart man, but the yammer beer pong table is my only yammer memory.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i still don't know what yammer is. someone told me once but i forgot.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

HELLA

N
O
M
S

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

yammer my rear end, viva my balls

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

it took me years to realize the yammer beer pong tables were some microsoft product branded beer pong tables not just the name brand of some type of beer pong table. like what's the difference between a yammer table and your standard folding table?

i'll admit, i'm not a smart man, but the yammer beer pong table is my only yammer memory.

ive used yammer and i still saw this thread and went "hmm, wait, is that was it was called?"

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

though i used it for a very short time before it was clear that it was entirely unpredictable what actions caused colleagues to get unwanted work emails

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mr. Nice! posted:

it took me years to realize the yammer beer pong tables were some microsoft product branded beer pong tables not just the name brand of some type of beer pong table

oh. yeah i thought it was some pro ping pong table or something. haha

hell yeah to getting lit on a monday

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

though i used it for a very short time before it was clear that it was entirely unpredictable what actions caused colleagues to get unwanted work emails

I get about 5 yammer/viva engage emails each day which is great because it’s supposed to replace email

for those of you who haven’t used it, it’s like Nextdoor but only your company

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

post hole digger posted:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
psh. get back to me when it's viva engorge

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

big :yossame:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

viva is just as dumb sounding as yammer. so it's all on brand

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

i still don't know what yammer is. someone told me once but i forgot.

it’s just internal/private twitter

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

akadajet posted:

viva is just as dumb sounding as yammer. so it's all on brand

viva is those real nice paper towels

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
yammer
verb
yam·​mer ˈya-mər
yammered; yammering ˈya-mə-riŋ ˈyam-riŋ
Synonyms of yammer
intransitive verb
a : to utter repeated cries of distress or sorrow

b : WHIMPER

2 : to utter persistent complaints : WHINE

3 : to talk persistently or volubly and often loudly

checks out

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

graph posted:

viva is those real nice paper towels

too lint-y for my tastes. but I have an aunt who swears by them

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

.gif of barry bonds saying yammer

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

akadajet posted:

too lint-y for my tastes. but I have an aunt who swears by them

if they had the tear-a-square option i'd go back

Roosevelt posted:

.gif of barry bonds saying yammer

i will never stop searching

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Brrrmph posted:

My team started posting relatively important announcements on Viva Engage instead of via email, so now we are expected to check it daily, as well as 5-6 other Viva Engage communities. Thats productive.

i had an employee at a client demand teams and sharepoint admin so that they could implement viva, so we scheduled a meeting with them and their boss to ask: which viva? for what? do you understand how much you have to pay for licenses to use half the viva features?

turns out the answers were "there's more than one?", "i don't know?", and "no" respectively

also fun, depending on what path you take through the viva admin panels, you'll end up on a bunch of yammer domains

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

infernal machines posted:

also fun, depending on what path you take through the viva admin panels, you'll end up on a bunch of yammer domains

this is my experience with anything microsoft. follow a link and you end up on a page for one of the product's previous incarnations. had that happen with apps, documentation, and apis. also weird account authentication issues where you're supposed to be using your one microsoft account everywhere but somehow this particular product was never entirely updated or something so it refers to types of accounts that may or may not exist anymore, so it keeps asking you to login and vomiting backend errors at you and you're stuck in authentication hell. sometimes it works the next day for no reason

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i'm glad i'm not the only one who wondered what the gently caress a yammer beer pong table was.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hella noms, lots of dranks

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

viva engage lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

psh. get back to me when it's viva engorge

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i would get lit on a monday night with Kim at internapalooza

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Roosevelt posted:

i would get lit on a monday night with Kim at internapalooza

gonna call the resulting accidental pregnancy "internalpalooza"

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

well-read undead posted:

viva engage lol

bad tng rip dubbed en espanol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Hed posted:

bad tng rip dubbed en espanol

número uno necesito tomar un número dos

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Brrrmph posted:

My favorite is when our very publicly anti-microsoft CEO, got Yammer to use instead of MS Communicator or Skype. The literal next day after signing the Yammer contract, Microsoft announced they were purchasing Yammer. We had to use Yammer for 4 years for IMs to teammates, which it was very much not designed for.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

post hole digger posted:

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

the particulars of my job are overseen by a huge 3 letter government agency so the way I'm communicated to by my employer means I never have to check my email or dumb teams/yammer announcements so suck it office drones!

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Arson Daily posted:

the particulars of my job are overseen by a huge 3 letter government agency so the way I'm communicated to by my employer means I never have to check my email or dumb teams/yammer announcements so suck it office drones!

yeah it's a lot more convenient when they can just speak to you directly through your fillings

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

git apologist posted:

it’s just internal/private twitter

why would anyone want that. who is this for

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Bloody posted:

why would anyone want that. who is this for

that's what i wondered when a former company i worked for put us on it. nobody used it. it's a terrible idea

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
it's more like work facebook. i see people posting about their weekend hike, or executive "random musings", or trying to get people interested in some training thing or whatever

its not good but sometimes i glance at the emails when bored

new hires sometimes get tricked into using it for a bit

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
just like Facebook it’s the same 5 people who makes posts on it daily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Viva N-Gage