Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009

Crain posted:

What are some reputable second hand camera shops online? Looking around it seems like the range is under $50 for "as is" no claim to level of function to $200+ for verified working cameras. Unless that's what you mean when it comes to how much service will cost.

https://kamerastore.com/collections/35mm-film-cameras?pf_t_system=System-Minolta%20MD

I've been happy with this shop and they have some Minoltas for sale in good condition, though not exactly the same one.

Havana Affair fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Nov 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
Finally scanned two rolls of Santacolor 100 film I shot in the summer. The film is in reality Kodak Aerocolor IV which is an air surveillance film. It has a very red base which needs to be compensated while scanning and it has a ton of grain to my eyes for a ASA 100 film. I was looking at some family photos from 1990s shot on some probably pretty cheap film and I think it has kind of a similar look to those. Santacolor claims you can push it to 800 without messing up the colors but these are all shot at box speed.

Pretty nice summer film since it's so slow that you can use bigger apertures but I think overall I prefer the warm colors of Kodak Gold. When I preordered this everyone was out of color film and the big selling point was that this could be bought cheaper (or at all) than any other color film but now that availability is better I don't know if there's much point to it anymore. Kodak sells it only in massive bulk rolls and it has to be spooled by the distributor.

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
I had a similar issue on some of my negs though thankfully the line wasn't as bad and it was the lab. I was able to rule out the camera though since I develop my b&w film myself and those didn't have any scratches. Maybe try a different lab and see if there's a difference?

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
You can also dilute some vinegar to water for stop. I always have it on hand for laundry and develop film next to my washing machine. Tbh for Rodinal I've found plain water works too.

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
If I understand it right with the auto tubes the aperture works like normal on an Olympus slr where it stays wide open and only stops down when you take the photo. With the non-auto tube it stops down immediately when you change the aperture, kinda like if you were to use it with an adapter on a digital camera. It's the same auto as in the zuiko auto-s whatever your lens is called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
I think only the om-1 has mirror lock up.