Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Outside of Leicas what are some good rangefinders? I wanna get one for my carry everywhere camera since my Dynax 9 is a big ol’ tank that makes it hard to constantly have on me. I’m big into Minoltas so I was looking at the CLE but I’m open to all suggestions really. I want to compare my options before I drop money on one

On the extreme end of 'carry everywhere', the Olympus XA. Lovely little bean of a camera.

Also, if you don't mind a slower to use camera, the Barnack Leicas are honestly really portable too. If you pair it with a collapsible lens then it's legitimately pocketable even. I imagine the same is true of the Canon copies but I'm not too familiar with them.

The CLE is really nice but it has a lot of weird quirks. It has a meter, but you can only use the meter in aperture-priority mode iirc, they made the baffling to disable it when you switch it to manual. And yeah, the aforementioned lack of 35 and 50mm framelines because of pettiness on the part of Leica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

I have the same light meter and it's really slick. My only complaint about it really is that it doesn't have a lock on the dial or a cap on shutter speed/f-stop, so if you leave it on while on a camera hanging off your neck, it'll rub up against your body and scroll to something silly like f/165 or something like that :v: Just need to remember to turn it off when you take your reading.