Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tropical
Aug 14, 2003
Ahh say whut?
I’m currently taking an Intro to Black & White Photography extended studies class at NSCAD in Halifax. I’ve got 15 years of DSLR photography experience but never had a chance to do the darkroom stuff before. I’m heading over to the photo department right now to work on prints for my final project.

I’m shooting on my dad’s late 70s Nikkormat FT2 with Nikkor 50 f/2 and 43-86 f/3.5 lenses, using Ilford HP5+ 400 film.

The class is almost over (last class is next week, 10 weeks total) but we’ve learned film processing and making prints with old school art school equipment. We have done both chemical prints and machine prints. It’s been a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tropical
Aug 14, 2003
Ahh say whut?

Slavvy posted:

I'm thinking the viewfinder or mirror or something is misaligned somehow? Or it's just east German shityness? It's a fifty year old camera.

You’re probably aware, but remember viewfinders typically don’t have 100% coverage. For example, my Nikkormat FT2 viewfinder has 92% coverage which was extremely apparent when I developed my first roll after getting a 24mm lens.

Maybe your viewfinder is somehow misaligned and all of the missing horizontal coverage is on one side. I have no idea if or how that would be possible tho.