Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I’ve always wondered: how hard is it doing darkroom prints of colored negatives? I know how to do B&W, even if I haven’t for a while, and prints with enlargers but I’ve always been told color negative film was designed from
The ground up to be done via machines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I love that sequence

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Outside of Leicas what are some good rangefinders? I wanna get one for my carry everywhere camera since my Dynax 9 is a big ol’ tank that makes it hard to constantly have on me. I’m big into Minoltas so I was looking at the CLE but I’m open to all suggestions really. I want to compare my options before I drop money on one

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

big black turnout posted:

Fwiw, the CLE is my favorite camera I own and I landed on it after trying multiple fixed and interchangeable lens rangefinders

e: fair warning though, after collecting a handful of m mount lenses I decided that I could justify a digital leica

e2: its biggest downside is its frame lines. The lack of 35 and 50 is a bit of a hindrance if you want to have a lot of lenses

Good to know! I was also looking at the Hexar RF but I don’t know if it was internet hyperbole or not but people rem to say the electronics of those are failing at a high rate

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Thanks for all the suggestions! These are all great and I'm gonna compare them all and see which one hits me the most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Megabound posted:

Canon VL and L are great and a lot cheaper than a P. Nikon SP (or any of their other rangefinders) if you want one of the prettiest cameras ever made. The Voightlander Bessa R2 is also phenomenal. And as mentioned the Minolta CLE, best paired with the lenses Minolta made for it.

There’s a bunch of versions of the Voightlander Bessa; R2,3,4 A versions, M versions. Is there a version thatbgebrallybseen as better and more reliable? I’ve also had someone recommend looking at the Zeiss Ikon ZM