Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
reiterating the posters who said shop frequently (if you can) and realize there’s a learning curve as to what and how much to buy. I always keep onions, carrots, celery and bell peppers for veg, I buy mushrooms, potatoes, etc. when I need them. cans of beans in the pantry, maybe corn and peas but I like those better fresh. broccoli, asparagus, brussel sprouts, green beans, zucchini I buy the day or day before I cook them. always have garlic and garlic powder on hand, also the minced garlic that you keep in the fridge. and a block of fresh Parmesan cheese, freshly grated is a huge step above the store bought cellulose stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

How often do y'all cook using a recipe? I almost never do.

every once in a while, when i want to try something new, otherwise i just cook the stuff i know how to cook and maybe tweak it a bit to see if i like it better. finding your own way to make something is fun. but again if i've never cooked something then i google recipes and try a few

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring