Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What you should focus on OP is cooking techniques, what goes well with what and how flavours combine is a thing you get with experience.
Once you know how to make a good onion soup for example you know enough to make just about any other kind of soup or sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Also pesto is just amazing for adding fresh flavours to starches(or salads or tomato sauce) and incredibly easy to just grind in large quantities, divide to containers and freeze.
Good for about three weeks and you'll finish it much quicker than that, you glutton.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Plenty of veggies can just be washed and put in the oven (olive oil, salt, pepper).
Baked succulents can be ground to a paste and added to anything or frozen for a later date.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

the holy poopacy posted:

if the recipe says to add only 1 clove of garlic they are lying to you because they want to keep all the tasty food to themselves

Or they're loving cowards who'll never know the joys of the stinking rose and die unloved.
:colbert:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

My considered opinion is to buy a cooking encyclopaedia, doesn't have to be Larousse Gastronomic but you want something that'll teach you many cooking techniques rather than another recipe collection you'll never use because internet.