Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Hi. I have the ability to cook now, as much as I want, whenever I want, because I no longer live with slobs. One of the things that makes it hard to cook/plan cooking is that I have to buy a lot of ingredients, all with varying levels of shelf stability, and then it becomes a mental nightmare of trying to only buy enough yams/chicken/peas/fresh basil as to not end up wasting tons of things.

With the help of Mark Bittman’s How to Cock Everything, I learned that as much of a dingus as I am, I can actually make acceptable tasting food when its all spelled out for me. The issue is that I have no idea how to handle the food purchasing, ingredients juggling and management side of things. So many recipes, so many different ingredients being called for, it’s mad intimidating.

Is there a book/guide/resource out there that starts you off with like, 3-5 main ingredients, and then you can make a whole bunch of different meals out of those, and just slowly work up and out? Im sure this isn’t a common thing people ask for otherwise there’d be more cookbooks dedicated to it, but im being extremely goon brain about it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Grem posted:

that's loving stupid Taco Bell sells food all night long and takes like 1/100th of the effort

Buddy I kid you not, the last place I lived at had disgusting roommates and the entire year and 2 weeks I lived there, I cooked dinner twice. I ate out every day of the year. Taco Bell was good though.

e: the month I’ve lived at this new place I’ve only ate out 2 times for dinner

buglord fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 10, 2023