Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

Rice, eggs, and vegetables are my go to. For breakfast, I usually make some rice, crack an egg into it while it's hot, mix it up with some soy sauce, and add some steamed vegetables. Leftover rice can be used with leftover eggs and veggies for fried rice, or you can make a frittata with just eggs and veggies.

Flour, salt, yeast, and a fat like butter or oil can make a lot of different things. I usually use them for pizza dough, empanadas, and tortillas, but you can also make a roux for sauces or gravies or use it for breading and frying. Butter and oil are also useful for stir-frying, sautéeing, and roasting, which can help you use up leftover vegetables.

I typically buy chicken thighs from Costco and keep them frozen, only pulling out what I need when I'm preparing to cook something. I also save the bones and make stock with them, which I use for soup or for cooking rice or beans. Leftover meat gets chucked onto a pizza with leftover veggies, mixed with eggs and used for a frittata or empanada filling, or just eaten with beans, eggs, and tortillas.

The big takeaway is that there's almost always something you can do with leftover ingredients before they go off, whether that's steaming, roasting, stir-frying, sautéeing, stuffing it into a tortilla, or throwing it on a pizza. If you don't know what else to do with it, chuck it in a pan with some butter, heat it up, and scramble it with some eggs and it'll probably turn out okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU