Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
It's super challenging if you're not cooking for a bunch of people, or even one other person. Most spices and poo poo will keep, and if you buy them whole and grind them in pestle they'll last longer and taste better.

Vegetables suck, I don't know what to say about that. They're just all going to go bad and you're going to use like 50% of them, I don't have the key to that lock.

I have to say since I've got my Instant Pot it just makes everything so easy, especially like a chicken dinner of like umpteen varieties (bacon ranch chicken? salsa chicken? herb chicken?) which you can then combine with an easy side like rice or potatoes.

I always buy chicken 1 pound at a time and use math to fix the recipes accordingly because more than that is a challenge for me to eat before it turns or I'll get tired of it. You can buy more and freeze it obviously but I don't see the point unless there is a BOGO or something.

Also learn how to make a good breakfast hash. Potatoes, onions and eggs aren't going to give you issues with spoilage with how often you use them. Peppers might, but they're not totally critical to the recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU