Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Well I for one hope Iceland doesn't explode. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Three Olives posted:

Calling itself Iceland was a little cocky so it turning into molten rock seems a little karmic.

Hmm, true. Okay yeah, I've changed my opinion on this one. 100% supporting the volcano on this one now.

You go you beautiful molten bastard!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Saalkin posted:

Is Bjork okay??

I hear she has also sided with the volcano on this one.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

Actually.... plate tectonics might be one of the requirements of complex life on a world.

also it just really fun and relaxing for the plates, just floating around all day.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

Actually..... some plates get beaten down and swallowed by the Earth, melted down not to be seen again for thousands of years....

But other than that, sure.

Yeah those were the jerk plates who had it coming.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

She's spending her last day in the dick museum?

Eh, decent choice.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So should everyone in iceland currently be jerking off just in case they suddenly get Pompeii, so future archeologists can laugh at them?

I feel like they should.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cubone posted:

:engleft: Interesting volcano stuff!!!!

I mean if were going to be all science about it the preserved masturbating body, probably wasn't jerking it, the hot pyroclastic surge the killed him just likely caused his body to flex into that position. Alas. :(

Iceland you can do better!

Anyway I'm just going to go with this paper https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0009254121001145 and assuming with no research -and while quite drunk and with no geological academic background- that as Iceland is all cold and icey right now it will have a lower level of dissolved water in magma chamber and therefor generating explosive event, that will destroy all of iceland apart form Bjork and the penis museum.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

...but apparently thats good for geneticists? anyways. hope everyone is safe, and icelanders should take advantage of evacuation by banging or marrying foreigners

Sorry just cheeked. Slipped below the seas like a modern day altantas. :(

All that can be done now is making up a bunch of poo poo about Iceland to confuses future civilization. Man Iceland with all it's UFO's, bigfoot librarians and unicorn president were cool, we shall remember you!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hmmm, the live video feed from Iceland seems... somewhat concerning.

Eh, I'm sure they'll be fine.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Failson posted:

It was such a Niceland.

Really, I heard it was a full of vice land?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Well I hope it doesn't get hungry again for a while longer I guess.