Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

quote:

November 12th
2pm JST/4pm AEDT/5am GMT/12am EST/9pm PST (Saturday Night)

DDT Ultimate Party 2023
Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo

KO-D Tag Team Titles: Romance Dawn (Shota & Soma Takao)(c) vs Antonio Honda & Masahiro Takanashi
Tag Battle Royal: KANON & MJ Paul vs Kazuma Sumi & Naruki Doi vs Rukiya & Yuni vs Toi Kojima & Yuki Ishida vs Yusuke Okada & Yuya Koroku
TJPW Offer Match: Arisu Endo, Suzume & Wakana Uehara vs Moka Miyamoto, Shino Suzuki & Yuki Arai
Akito, Makoto Oishi, Sanshiro Takagi & Shinichiro Kawamatsu vs Danshoku Dieno, Super Sasadango Machine, Yoshihiko & Yoshitatsu
Kuroshio TOKYO Japan vs Takeshi Masada
DDT vs AJPW: HARASHIMA, Jun Akiyama & Yukio Naya vs Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito, Rei Saito & Toshizo)
Daisuke Sasaki vs Tetsuya Endo
Eruption (Hideki Okatani, Saki Akai & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Kazusada Higuchi, Miyu Yamashita & Naomichi Marufuji
DDT Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title Dramatic Dream Round "Let's Have Fun!!" What Will Happen? Fun Deathmatch: Hiromu Takahashi(c) vs Kazuki Hirata
DDT Universal Title: Matt Cardona(c) vs MAO
Chris Jericho vs Konosuke Takeshita
KO-D Openweight Title: Chris Brookes(c) vs Yuki Ueno

ULTIMATE PARTY!!!!

This is it, the last big show of the year before the D-Oh takes up the last six weeks. This card is absolutely stuffed, in addition to the home team there's guests from TJPW, NOAH, AJPW, NJPW, AEW, Freelance guys like Cardona and the former Ikeman Jiro as well as Tokyo Assemblyman Kawamatsu. Background notes have been shamelessly stolen from reddit to save me the effort of typing and the humiliation of missing something obvious.

quote:

Match 1 : KO-D Tag Team Titles: Soma Takao & Shota (c) Vs Masahiro Takanashi & Antonio Honda --

It’s pretty rare to have a title match as the opener in DDT. The champion team of Romance Dawn are facing an unlikely challenger team of ChocoPro's Masa Takanashi and Anton. For this one you can expect technical wrestling and lighthearted action

Match 2 :Staggered Entry Tag Rumble: KANON & MJ Paul Vs Naruki Doi & Kazuma Sumi Vs Yusuke Okada & Yuya Koroku Vs Toy Kojima & Yuki Ishida Vs Yuni & Rukiya --

For the second match, a bunch of tag teams will face off. The former tag champions representing Damnation T.A. MJ Paul and Kanon will be looking to win this one to position themselves to win their title matches. Against them they’ll find the Burning duo of Okada and Koroku, the rookie teams of Kojima/Ishida and Yuni/Rukiya as well as Naruku Doi and Sumi. With the amount of competitors and their athleticism you can expect some fast paced action in this match.

Match 3 : Tokyo Joshi Pro Offer 6-Woman Tag Match: Yuki Arai, Moka Miyamoto & Shino Suzuki Vs Suzume, Arisu Endo & Wakana Uehara --

Even thought this year’s Ultimate Party isn’t as cross-promotional as the 2019 edition, DDT’s Joshi sister promotion has a spot to shine on the card ! With this opportunity, TJPW decided to feature their future with 6 woman tag match. The young team of Dejimon Suzume and Arisu Endo will team up with the rookie Wakana Uehara to face SKE48’s Yuki Arai,** Moka Miyamoto** and the rookie green UpUpGirl Shino Suzuki. All 6 of these women have a great future ahead of them and they will be looking to leave a strong impression in front of a different audience than they are used to.

Match 4 : Special 8-Man Tag Match: Sanshiro Takagi, Akito, Makoto Oishi & Shinichiro Kawamatsu Vs Yoshitatsu, Yoshihiko, Danshoku Dieno & Super Sasadango Machine --

This will probably be the crazy, full of nonsense match of the card ! DDT’s great President Sanshiro Takagi teams with vice-president Akito, DDT veteran Makoto Oishi and Takagi’s politician buddy Kawamatsu to face the Dream Team of Yoshitatsu, the legend Yoshihiko, Dieno and Super Sasadango Machine. For this one you can expect madness, rear end, PowerPoint presentation, more rear end and a lot of fun.

Match 5 : Special Single Match: Kuroshio TOKYO Japan Vs Takeshi Masada --

The wrestler formerly know as Ikemen Jiro, Kuroshio TOKYO Japan is back from a stint in the WWE ! He will face DDT’s standout rookie Takeshi Masada in a single match. Kuroshio has a lot of experience wrestling in DDT but Masada was far from debuting the last time he stepped in the DDT ring so this is a fresh match-up. Masada is aiming for the top of DDT and international recognition so this is a great opportunity for him.

Match 6 : Special 6-Man Tag Match ~ DDT Vs VOODOO-MURDERS: Jun Akiyama, HARASHIMA & Yukio Naya Vs Jun Saito, Rei Saito & Toshizo --

This writes itself in the ongoing DDT vs AJPW ongoing story, the invading All Japan heel faction VOODOO MURDERS faces a strong DDT home team ! Rei Saito will be participating in this year’s D-OH Grand Prix so this will be a first taste of DDT for him, he’ll team with his brother Jun Saito with whom he is both All Japan and GLEAT’s tag team champion as well as Toshizo. Against them stands Mr DDT himself (and recent father) HARASHIMA, wrestling legend and former AJPW president Jun Akiyama as well Yukio Naya who has been in the center of the DDT vs All Japan rivalry. A lot of big guys in that match so you can expect some hard hiting action.

Match 7 : Special Single Match: Daisuke Sasaki Vs Tetsuya Endo --

This a rematch of the main event of 2020’s Ultimate Party ! There is a lot of history between those 2 men, Tetsuya Endo grew a lot under the influence of Daisuke Sasaki when they were in the original Damnation but since then he himself became the leader of his own faction Burning. Endo took the win 3 years ago but he is recently bacl from an injury so Sasaki has the advantage on that point. This is rather surprising to have such a strong a protected match on the midcard here but the winner of that match will position himself a strong contender in this year’s D-OH Grand Prix.

Match 8 : Saki Akai Retirement Match ~Strong, Noble, Beautiful~: Saki Akai, Yukio Sakaguchi & Hideki Okatani Vs Naomichi Marufuji, Kazusada Higuchi & Miyu Yamashita --

Sadly the time has come. After a wonderful ten year career, Saki Akai will be hanging up her boots as she is still at her apex. For her last match she will team with the other members of Eruption, her mentor Yukio Sakaguchi and the young Hideki Okatani. The opposing trio is a dream team of original Eruption member Kazusada Higuchi, Tokyo Joshi’s ace Miyu Yamashita and the Genius of the Ark Naomichi Marufuji. This will for sure be a very emotional and amazing match to conclude Saki’s great wrestling career !

Match 9 : Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title – Nivea Cream Care Body Wash Presents ~ Dramatic Dream Round “Let’s Have Fun!!” What Will Happen!? Fun Death Match: Hiromu Takahashi (c) Vs Kazuki Hirata --

Yes, that’s the name of the match, I don’t know what will happen in that match except that it will be amazing and you shouldn’t miss it. New Japan’s junior ace Hiromu Takahashi and Kazuki Hirata have history together, Hiromu won 2 single matches against Hirata back in 2011. Since then both have grown a lot but they still retain a lot of fondness toward each other. This match was one of the first set us for this show and since then Hiromu even managed to roll up Hirata to take his precious belt. Since then Hiromu discovered the pain of being Iron Man Heavymetalweight champion even losing the belt against Taiji Ishimori before winning it back. At first sight you would think Hirata has no chance here but Hiromu is stepping into a kind of match he has never been part of before and where Hirata is king.

Match 10 : DDT Universal Title – NO DQ match - : Matt Cardona (c) (w/ Steph De Lander) Vs MAO --

Back in the summer, the Indie God, former WWE superstar Matt Cardona managed to cheat his way into beating Testuya Endo and winning the Universal title, since then he defended once against Maki Itoh before being challenged by Mao. The young DDT star has really been on fire this year making his name known all over the world, and he wants to win the title back for his home promotion. After brawling during the match signing ceremony it was decided that the match we become a No DQ match so you can expect a lot of wild action here. So far Cardona managed to win thanks to rule breaking and assistance from Steph De Lander but how will he fare in this different environnement ?

Match 11 : Double Main Event I: Chris Jericho Vs KONOSUKE TAKESHITA __

Chris Jericho’s first DDT match ever ! As a continuation of their story in AEW, Chris Jericho challenged Konosuke Takeshita to a match here in DDT. If I’m not mistaken it will be the 1st time since 1997 that Jericho wrestles in the Sumo Hall ! That match of course has been of the main talking point going into that show and Takeshita is on home turf to try and write himself a little more into wrestling history by beating another wrestling legend like Jericho.

Match 12 : KO-D Openweight Title – Double Main Event II: Chris Brookes (c) Vs Yuki Ueno --

In the main event, DDT’s biggest prize is on the line. Chris Brookes became champion for the first time this summer after several try and defended the title once in a very physical match against Shigehiro Irie. He is facing his good friend Yuki Ueno with whom he has become really close friend since he first came to DDT more than 4 years ago. Ueno himself has never hold the top belt in DDT despite attempting several times. They have faced each other several times, Ueno won his first single title, the Universal title, 3 years ago by beating Brookes. There is a lot of respect between those 2 but they will be looking to surpass each other to show that DDT is the best promotion in the world.

The show will be airing here with both English and Japanese commentary options, not the biggest fan of the English options since none of them are native speakers, but both Ash and Ciari do get very into the action if you enjoy that style. The English language twitter page will be on hand for promos translations and clips, with the caveat that it's run by Ash from the booth so he might fall a bit behind with the posting.

Bell time is just under 9 hours from this post. Join me in watching the greatest variety show on Earth, feel that mood whiplash from crying as Saki Akai retires to laughter as Hiromu Takahashi tries to deal with whatever the gently caress Hirata has planned, cheer for MAO as he triest to wrench the belt back from that prick Cardona, boo Takeshita since he went to America and became a dickhead and is now bringing his problems home, all before two good friends wage war on each other in the main event.

DDT, there's nothing quite like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Super excited and sad for this show. No more Saki Akai :smith:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

1 hour until show time, I imagine the All Japan guys pulling double duty today would have arrived by now, Korakuen is only 20 minutes from Ryogoku

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Noticably small crowd :(

Hope they make a decent amount of noise

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
okay I'll watch this

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

A GanPro team and a ChocoPro team fighting for the DDT belts

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

~ safe ~

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

ANTON :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:lol: Honda

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Never in doubt, though I imagine whichever team wins this next match will be challenging soon enough

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sumi casually floating through the air on that lionsault

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Holy poo poo, is Koroku going to drag Okada to his long awaited push?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hell yes, TJPW time!

BEE!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Moka 'bout to choke a bitch

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Let's go TJPW

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

English commentary is so-so, but I dug them basically going:

"They're so cute!"
"Oh they will absolutely gently caress you up!"
"Yes!"

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Suzume is so smooth with that pinning combination

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I don't like Mr. Arai much but he's the only one who gives us the names of these moves, "Pleasant Star Shower" is a pretty cool name for that crossbody.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Good match Teej ladies, let's follow that up with *sigh* a Danshoku Dieno pretape

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So these intruders are the good guys, based on the fact they came in and said,"Pheromones was dumb and you should apologize for wasting everybody's time"

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

So these intruders are the good guys, based on the fact they came in and said,"Pheromones was dumb and you should apologize for wasting everybody's time"

Any team with Yoshitatsu are the heels by default

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Assemblyman! :woop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dammit, give me The Assemblyman vs. YOSHIHIKO

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

What a spear from the Assemblyman.

Bastard Matsui should have counted the pin

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Well this got poo poo in a hurry

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:cripes:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh good, it's over. Get these losers out of here to make room for Ikeman and Masada

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Just got home, how was the TJPW match?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Just got home, how was the TJPW match?

Pretty basic, everyone got to do some cool stuff. Good but not worth rushing back for

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:lol: Ikeman did this exact same entrance at the All Japan show like 3 hours ago

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is amazing :lol:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Just realised Masada ditched the disco pants and is now rocking shortboys with the same material

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I missed you, Ikeman!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This match rocks

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Had the match won and slipped up to a more experienced opponent. Can't wait for Masada to start winning proper titles, his shiny gear is the only thing I don't like about him

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I hear the these guys are the poopoo murderers

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

I hear the these guys are the poopoo murderers

I've got some hope since there's no Kono or Taru at ringside to interfere for them, but they're very Damnation T.A/House of Torture when not doing crowd brawling

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
don't like long rear end ref distraction spots in my puro

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Uncle Jun is sick of their poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!