Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Hey folks, I know what you're thinking - where the gently caress is slothrop? His Christmas present this year is getting a break from dealing with this. It's a bit of a late start this year so spread the cheer to every thread so we can get this rolling!

I will now copy/paste from last year's thread, for the most part:

Pay it Forward

If ya broke, but wanna participate, tick the box. You’ll receive a gift and someone else will take care of your gifting.

If ya feeling flush, tick the box. I’ll assign you two (or more) Santees based on your preferences.

If I have more people willing to donate than people who need it, I don't know what I will do, open to ideas! :V

Important Dates:
  • Wednesday, November 22nd - REGISTRATION CLOSED.

• Thursday, November 23rd - All pairings will go out by the end of day.

• Friday, December 15th - Ship-by Date: Ideal ship-by date. PLEASE do everything you can to have your gift on its way on or before this day. International may require earlier shipping

• Friday, December 22nd - Deadbeat Cut Off: If you have not provided proof of shipping by this date, you will be considered a deadbeat and will be banned. No bans for late gifts, simply supply the proof-of-shipping and you’ll be fine
HOW DO I SIGN UP?

Please fill out the google form located at the link below. This form will significantly reduce the admin burden on me.

Once you have filled out the form, please post in the thread using the template below.

FILL THIS OUT FIRST

https://forms.gle/XCGt3STDxyKbi5tn9

In order to make it easier to pick gifts that suit your Santee, use the template below. Please copy/paste the following and alter it to suit your needs:

Big Taint
My vehicles: '21 Sprinter, '17 Bolt, '01 740il, '74 GTV, '71 GTV, '69 MB 250
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: a magnet for stainless steel
Something small I would really like: your dick, tasty treats
Hobbies: sailing, wrenching on shitboxes
Shirt size: no more shirts thank you
Food Allergies: i'm not allergic but coconut is gross
Junk/No Junk: yes, junk me
Comments: Certified Sticker Slut
A local merchant option: i never leave the house so i dunno, surprise me
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside packaging only thanks

------------------------------------------------------

Comments on the above:

Do not have unrealistic expectations about what you may receive. This is a nice guide to help your Santa out, not a wedding registration.

Junk is defined as: Tacoma water pump gaskets, other assorted broken automotive ephemera, 16 gearboxes welded into the best sex robot that hillbilly engineering can achieve. You get the idea.

Dicks/No Dicks: Refers to artwork or other gift wrapping of the gift. Consider it a NSFW/Family filter.

SENDING YOUR GIFT

In addition to the template above, you may wish to refer to your Santee’s post history/threads to choose a gift.

Please bear in mind postal systems around the world are overwhelmed due to COVID generally lovely (especially FedEx). Please plan accordingly. One option is the “hybrid” method of buying something for you Santee using a local-to-them online retailer. This is not a necessity, but may be helpful in keeping costs down in terms of shipping as well as getting gifts to Santee’s promptly.

It has been traditional in the past to include a personalised letter with your gift. Please consider sending this as well via snail mail. We’ll all excuse you if it arrives after your gift does. Perhaps include a note with your Online Retail order indicating that a letter is incoming. Since these can be mysterious when they arrive try to have something identifying it as part of an AI:SS gift.

Please feel free to be super creative with your letter, or your gift, if you are close enough to your Santee.

RECEIVING YOUR GIFT

You may wish to wait until a letter arrives, if your Santa has been able to indicate one is on the way. I understand the holidays are a busy time for us all, but please make an effort post to thank your Santa and give a walkthrough of your lovely gift.

IMPORTANT INFO

Proof of shipment rule
  • No proof and your santee doesn't get a package? You're a deadbeat. When you ship your gift, you must provide proof of shipment to bigtaint@gmail.com with the username of the person you're buying for and the tracking information. If anything goes pear shaped, at least we can figure out where. If you live near your Santee and want to drop it off yourself, email me and tell me that you did.
  • You must provide proof of shipment before the deadline. Please put the tracking number in your email. If you do not have a tracking number, you must EMAIL me a photo/scan of the shipping receipt.
  • If you hit any speed bumps, have any questions, or need anything at all you can email or PM me.
Accepted types of proof:
  • Tracking number from UPS, Fedex, USPS, Canada Post, whatever
  • Photo or scanned image of your shipping receipt with your username written on it. Most receipts have the zip code of the recipient, so this is how I will check these.
GIFT COST
  • If your Santee is open to receiving junk, please exclude the cost of any junk from your budget
  • Try and keep your gifts in the $20-40 range. Make sure you account for shipping costs
  • Please do not spend stupid amounts of money on gifts for someone on the internet. Unless you're incredibly wealthy, have some sort of personal relationship with them, or it's loving hilarious and fills you with joy
  • If you will be moving or traveling a lot during a gift time, please say so in your email and/or post so that I/your Santa knows when and where is the best time to send your gift.
If you have ANY questions, concerns or anything you need at all. Please PM or email me! This is my first time running this so hopefully I don't gently caress it up!

Donations of empathy, the spirit of forgiveness or the milk of human kindness for facilitating AISS are welcome!

AI:SS 2023 EMAIL = bigtaint@gmail.com

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm in Japan but won't be long enough to know who I have, so whoever that is will be getting whatever weird JDM automotive thing I can find :colbert:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I was horrified to have missed registration last year. I have fresh a fresh crop of broken Porsche 955 parts. Possibly even some Econoline/Ford swag.

PainterofCrap

My vehicles: '05 Porsche Cayenne; '65 Ford Econoline pickup; '66 Pontiac Bonneville convertible. '19 Company trash. '13 Kia Soul (wife's ride). '00 Honda Accord. Ask again in a week.

The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: one of those headband flashlight things. Or a magnetic-base flashlight that actually sticks well to things. Working on the Econoline's 6 is like working down in a mine shaft.

Something small I would really like: your dick local swag, like cigarette lighters, random stickers or fridge magnets

Hobbies: fixing everybody's poo poo. Restoring old poo poo. Wrenching on shitboxes, just like the rest of you.

Shirt size: 3x-4x depending on who makes it

Food Allergies: I'm not allergic but marzipan is gross. So are those weird green Kit Kats. WTF are they: seaweed?

Comments: My cats are reminding me that cat toys are awesome. Tuna is awesome. Catnip is balls. Why aren't you feeding us, you loving degenerate. (please ignore everything after the first sentence)

A local merchant option: I'd never turn my nose up on swag that is local to you. The more mundane, the better.

Dicks/No Dicks: do your worst, kids grown & gone & my wife has a freak inside her desperately trying to get out.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Elviscat

My vehicles: '22 Chevy Bolt, '02 Ford Ranger, '67 Mustang, '18 Husqvarna FE250, '08 Yamaha FZ-6

The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: I have most common tools, but if you have something cool, cheap, and helpful that'd be fun.

Something small I would really like: local snacks/beverages

Hobbies: Dirt Bikes, Snowboarding, house remodeling, kayaking

Shirt size: XL

Food Allergies: Can't eat red meat or shellfish

Comments: Anything space, rocket engine or nuclear related would be cool.

A local merchant option: anything near Seattle?

Dicks/No Dicks: Inside packaging only.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

IOwnCalculus
My vehicles: Kubota B2301, '18 GMC Canyon, '02 Jeep Wrangler, '72 Opel GT, '70 GMC C10
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Tool organization
Something small I would really like: Snacks
Hobbies: Shitposting
Shirt size: Unless you've got 2XLT I'll pass
Food Allergies: Alcohol is wasted on me
Junk/No Junk: All the junk
Comments: All the stickers
A local merchant option: Queen Creek Olive Mill, 4WheelParts
Dicks/No Dicks: I'm enough of a dick and the kid often gets involved in this, no dicks please

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Hell Yes In On The Ground FLOOR.

cursedshitbox
My vehicles: '16 JKU rockhard rubicon, '17 Honda Africa Twin, '04 KTM 950 ADV-S, '90 F350, bicycles of various flavors
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: A button that makes it as easy as I thought it would be going in.
Something small I would really like: local junkfood is perfect, stickers are good.
Hobbies: bikes, overlanding with broken equipment, amateur radio, finishing projects 62% then abandoning it, bringing home broken stuff to collect but not actually fix or use for parts.
Shirt size: Medium
Food Allergies: dairy but I do not care.
Junk/No Junk: yes absolutely all of the junk
Comments: redshirts of the shop are always good. magnetic trays, pen lights, permanent markers, etc.
A local merchant option: gerlinger metals?
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside packaging only pls.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

meatpimp

My vehicles: 2005 Escalade, 2015 RDX

Y'all have been so awesome over the years, I don't know what to put here. I don't need or want anything, but everything I've received through aiss has been fantastic and kind and appreciated.

Shirt size: Large and girthy
Dicks/No Dicks: I have a 14 year old daughter. Do you want to ruin her?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Night Danger Moose

My vehicles: 2016 Focus ST, 1990 Toyota Camry wagon, 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (fiancee)
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Pocket flathead screwdriver. I used it daily at work and someone took it while I was out on vacation.
Something small I would really like: 1/2" -> 3/8" ratchet connector, my lug nut socket is 3/8" and my breaker bar is 1/2" and I broke my last one. Or a small flashlight, I never remember to grab mine.
Hobbies: colouring, computer games, car meets, wrenching on the Camry
Shirt size: Women's large, men's med/large
Food Allergies: Whole peanuts (creamy peanut butter is fine)
Junk/No Junk: Love junk, will be passing on my previous junk
Comments: Certified Sticker Slut as well
A local merchant option: Love local snacks or craft beer (which is hard to mail, understandably)
Dicks/No Dicks: Big dicks in his little brother's butt

*cat

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
slothrop
My vehicles: '18 Mazda3
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: dopamine
Something small I would really like: a kitschy fridge magnet from something local to you
Hobbies Current hyperfixations: Lego, Big Wett, Kei Trucks
Food Allergies: gently caress mackerel, sardines and any fish in a tin
Junk/No Junk: Trying to minimise junk
Comments: tell me about a local legend
A local merchant option: surprise me

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

babyeatingpsychopath
My vehicles: '06 Mercury Grand Marquis. Most of an '06 Escape. Nearly all of a '78 gold wing.
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had:
Something small I would really like: something to amuse kittens
Hobbies: assembling desk tchotchkies, wrangling cats
Shirt size: XL
Food Allergies: no avocado.
Junk/More Junk: it is my treasure
Comments: stickers and booze accepted
A local merchant option: piles of good local breweries around
Dicks/No Dicks: My mail carrier looks forward to the dicks now, please do not disappoint.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
builds character
My vehicles: '05 Sprinter, '22 xc60, ‘21 ktm 250 2t, ‘14 Ducati monster 796
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: stuff for sanding paint
Something small I would really like: no idea
Hobbies: dirtbikes, soccer, reading
Shirt size: l or xl depending on fit
Food Allergies: no
Junk/No Junk: nothing that won’t fit in a NYC apartment
Comments: everything is always so good
A local merchant option: anything in the city?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
My vehicles: 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD, Duramax. 2005 Nissan 5000# LPG forklift
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: I'm all set on tools, but you can surprise me
Something small I would really like: non-seafood snacks, medium/light roast coffee
Hobbies: firearms, scuba, my kid
Shirt size: no more shirts thank you, but my kid always needs stuff, see below
Food Allergies: fin fish
Junk/No Junk: JUNK me, bro
Comments: I'm middle aged and have pretty much whatever I need. I've got a 2 year old, he's wearing 3T. I'm into sharks, old oceanographic gear, old cameras, milsurp, and homemade gifts. The VW hubcap light that gnarly Charlie made for me is hanging in my shop to this day.
A local merchant option: Speedwell coffee in Plymouth MA, Atlantic White Shark Conservancy in Chatham, MA
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside packaging only
Bringing back the charity thing from '21: Nominated Charity: St. Jude's children's research hospital: https://www.stjude.org/donate/donate-to-st-jude.html or a local cancer center. My mom' died from metastatic breast cancer, and cancer sucks. Anything that can make it suck less for someone else is cool by me.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Jack B Nimble
My vehicles: '06 Ford Mustang GT
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: my size medium mechanics gloves are worn out
Something small I would really like: a guitar pick
Hobbies: wrenching on the mustang, playing the guitar, reading (particularly non fiction/history), I've recently gotten very interested in classic rock like KISS and AC/DC, both because of their influence in rock and also their link to Detroit, muscle cars, etc.
Shirt size: Medium, and I actually have room for another t-shirt
Food Allergies: none
Junk/No Junk: no thank you, I'm trying to de clutter
Comments: I'd rather be gifted something you yourself have used, it'd make me feel more connected to the forums. Besides, that's a great opportunity to treat yourself when buying the replacement.
A local merchant option: no thank you
Dicks/No Dicks: Go. Nuts.

Edit: https://www.dunnbjj.com/ is my BJJ gym, you could buy a rash guard or something there, I can just pick it up at the gym. Including it in case you really do need a local option, I wear a large rash guard, please don't buy me a gi they cost too much.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 14, 2023

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
blindjoe
My vehicles: 99 LX470, 16 Leaf, 77 Celica, old fiberglass camp trailer, various motorcycles/dirtbikes
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: a new bucket lid for my dust deputy
Something small I would really like: stuff from your area, air pump for kids soccer balls
Hobbies: camping, kayaking, doing kid stuff
Shirt size: xl
Food Allergies: dairy/apples/potato
Comments: Have 7/9 yr old boys who have been taking up time. I bought an old toyota though so now I have forced projects
A local merchant option: Victoria BC, adams tarp and tools, Kms
Dicks/No Dicks: no thanks

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Safety Dance
My vehicles: 06 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, '17 Subaru Outback
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Use: impact wrench. Wish I had: a lathe
Something small I would really like: tasty treats, coffee, torx screwdrivers, toys my two year old would like
Hobbies: sailing, TSD rally, programmin', being outside
Food Allergies: I'll eat anything edible and some stuff that isn't
Comments: What's your favorite adhesive?
A local merchant option: Fisherman's Supply
Dicks/No Dicks: A modest dicking

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 15, 2023

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Aw yeah, love AISS

Mr. Wiggles

My vehicles: Ridgeline, Ioniq Hybrid, Z400, VRod, El Camino, 356 (assembly required).

The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Use most often - 10mm sockets. Wish I had? Metric and standard allen keys that are actually individually labeled with their sizes. This would solve the problem of "one of these 6 zillion tools must be the right size".

Something small I would really like: Stickers, magnets, tiki knick knacks.

Hobbies: Hosting parties in my tiki bar, medieval armored combat, making radio shows.

Shirt size: Large

Food Allergies: Nada

Junk/No Junk: All the junk.

Comments: In addition to my career, having a baby (and another due in January), I'm also doing law school because I'm a glutton for punishment. I had to sell my Mazda cause I needed a more practical DD, but I also acquired an old 356 in pieces because I have no conception of my personal limitations.

A local merchant option: It's Vegas, so "local" gets real weird. If you can find something, great! But if you have a cool local merchant where you live, that's also cool!

Dicks/No Dicks: All the time.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Mustache Ride
My vehicles: 18 Jagon, 22 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 76 Scout driveway ornament
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Common: zipties / Wish I had: dewalt impact wrench to finish off my team yella collections
Something small I would really like: stickers, salsa, jellies, honey, cookies, license plate
Hobbies: reading, hobby farming, chickens, board games
Shirt size: No shirts plz
Food Allergies: Not Avaliable
Junk/No Junk: I will take all your tacoma waterpump gaskets
Comments: wife and I are getting a puppy for Christmas, send puppy toys
A local merchant option: ThoroughBread (cookies!)
Dicks/No Dicks: Dick away

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 17, 2023

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
InitialDave

My vehicles: Just the highlights to be sensible: Old series 3 Land Rover, old Fiat Panda 4x4, Suzuki Cappuccino, BMW E30, Porsche 924. All of which are in a right state.
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: TBH I tend to be a bit of a tool magpie, so I have an awful lot of what I need, but any interesting little gadgets etc are appreciated
Something small I would really like: Anything interesting relating to your local area!
Hobbies: Failing to make progress on any of my projects, sci-fi, bit of gaming both PC and pen-and-paper RPGs
Shirt size: Men's large
Food Allergies: None
Junk/No Junk: Junk is good!
Comments: I do like old "technical" and engineering books etc
A local merchant option: No particular opinion, Amazon or similar is fine
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside-the-box dicks are A-ok

Also, Big Taint, over the years, we've fallen into a pattern of me taking the organiser as my Santee and then privately swapping with someone else so they still get an actual surprise despite having sent out the matches, I'm happy to do that for you this year as well.

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

Count me in, I must atone for not participating last year.

nadmonk

My vehicles: '08 BMW 335i, '08 Honda Element, '05 Saab 9-3 Linear, '22 Chevrolet Colorado, '78 Suzuki GS750, '02 Suzuki SV650S
Something small I would really like: weird stickers
Hobbies: being outdoors, camping, mountain biking, travel, wrenching on shitboxes, home maintenance... So much home maintenance
Shirt size: L. But I'm pretty set on shirts. Unless it's badass.
Junk/no junk: yes to the junk
Comments: love them stickers, I travel a fair bit for work.
A local merchant option: can't think of any off the top of my head. I live in a pretty rural area. We have a Home Depot.
Dicks/No Dicks: If that's your fancy, feel free to dick away.

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

With just some glitter and a wink, your data will be turned into a 40GB looping .gif of penguins fucking.

I'm in AI-tangential spaces more than I post on the forums proper, but AI:SS sounds like too much fun to pass up. Let's do it.

The Linux Fairy
My vehicles: '18 Golf R (mk7.5); two cyclocross bikes (a '19 cracknfail caadx converted to singlespeed, and Firefly FF-1249)
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: use -- Bambu X1 Carbon; wish for -- a magnetic mat for catching screws before they escape into orbit
Something small I would really like: amusing stickers that I can heckle friends with; weird filament
Hobbies: riding and breaking bicycles, electronics
Shirt size: medium
Food Allergies: do your worst
Junk/No Junk: the future is now, junk is the way and the light
Comments: I like Jack B Nimble's idea of taking something you have used and loved and are hoping to have an excuse to upgrade.
A local merchant option: I'm ok with receiving something late if it comes down to that, nothing local comes to mind
Dicks/No Dicks: yes, but inside packaging

The Linux Fairy fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 19, 2023

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Totally in for another year.

McTinkerson

My vehicles: 2006 Mazda RX-8, 2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, KTM Duke 390, 2017 Porsche Macan, 2004 Vespa ET2-50
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: One can never have enough magnetic bowls.
Something small I would really like: Weird old automotive or aviation memorabilia. Especially if it is from your local area.
Hobbies: Breaking and fixing my shitboxes. Autocrossing the RX-8. 3D printing either useful or dumb things. Punching holes in paper from a minimum of 25m distance.
Shirt size: I'm good for shirts but any and all other clothing is welcome.
Food Allergies: None.
Junk/No Junk: All of the Junk. My altar to the gods of speed craves more.
Comments: Running out of places to slap stickers since the Lobo went away but I have plenty of room for patches on the motorcycle jacket.
A local merchant option: Princess Auto & KMS Tools are both local but I'm totally good with anything coming from anywhere.
Dicks/No Dicks: Make the mail carrier(s) deeply uncomfortable.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Vincent Van Goatse

My vehicles: 2016 Volvo V60, Trek bicycle
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Borescope, pry bar, or some sort of tubular snake flashlight doohickey.
Something small I would really like: Bourbon, chocolate
Hobbies: Books, history, Volvos, cleaning my eyeglasses
Junk/No Junk: Sure. As Warren Oates said in The Wild Bunch: Why not?
Comments: God I need a new seat for my bike.
A local merchant option: I live in San Diego so eh.
Dicks/No Dicks: Only if necessary.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 23, 2023

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Here's to hoping I can get stuff in time to send it. Also you probably shouldn't pick me for anyone who dislikes fish snacks.

My vehicles, oldest to newest: 1976 Yamaha DT250 Enduro, 1976 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40, 1986 18' Hewescraft River Runner, 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62, another 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62, 1993 Mazda B2600i, 2011 Bobcat S100, 2013 Nissan Leaf. My wife clearly puts up with a lot.
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Motivation. Aside from that, I love gadgets I've never heard of that do something really handy.
Something small I would really like: Sticker Slut, NES games.
Hobbies: Procrastinating, buying stuff for shitboxes
Shirt size: M/L depending on fit.
Food Allergies: Surprise me!
Junk/No Junk: Junk me real good.
A local merchant option: Not really many local merchants here I can suggest.
Dicks/No Dicks: A plethora of penii please.

What I really need is more last minutes. If it weren't for the last minute I'd never get anything done..

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

NitroSpazzz
My vehicles: 2019 4Runner, 2006 Cayman, 1998 Caterham, 1988 M3&M5, 1981 F100
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: magnetic flashlight
Something small I would really like: local to you treats, snacks and candy
Hobbies: cars, lego, gaming
Shirt size: Have too many but small
Food Allergies: nope, pile it on
Junk/No Junk: junk good
Comments: stickers, snacks or anything lotus/caterham is excellent, I do already have 2x LEGO Caterham
A local merchant option: Support local businesses for sure, on my end or yours
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside package only please

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Nov 24, 2023

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Advent Horizon posted:

What I really need is more last minutes. If it weren't for the last minute I'd never get anything done..

Fuckin A man.

Speaking of, we're getting close to the deadline of Wednesday, 11/22 to sign up! We've got 22 brave goons so far, and I just spammed a bunch of threads again so we'll see if we can pull in any more folks. At some point on Thursday I will send out the matches. I will assign myself to InitialDave and he will switch with someone else so I am blind to who my Santa is.

We have many generous goons that have chosen the 'pay it forward' option and no recipients, so I'm open to suggestions of ways to spread even more holiday cheer?

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

nitsuga
My vehicles: '21 Golf GTI
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Fold out utility knife, paint markers, and other things for vandalism marking.
Something small I would really like: Snacks, magnets, etc.
Hobbies: Hiking, photography, skateboarding, video games, and on and on.
Shirt size: L.
Food Allergies: None I know of.
Junk/No Junk: Junk.
Comments: Just have fun with this. I'm easy.
A local merchant option: I'd be interested in anything cool from your area.
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside packaging only.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

KillHour
My vehicles: '16 Aston Martin DB9 GT Volante, '17 Focus RS, '22 M4 Comp xDrive
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: a prybar that won't mar the poo poo out of brake calipers.
Something small I would really like: A puzzle box or something to fidget with
Hobbies: hoarding half broken audio gear and electronics, being a huge nerd about coffee/espresso/mixed drinks, pretending to learn Japanese
Shirt size: XL or L if it's long / LT (I have a long torso)
Junk/No Junk: always
Comments: I don't even know what to get myself most of the time
A local merchant option: uhhhh poo poo idk
Dicks/No Dicks: how else am I supposed to get off

Note for Big Taint: like I said I already bought some stuff and that includes dick(s). If you pick a no-dicks Santee, please also give me a place to send unsolicited dicks. Thx.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Ambihelical Hexnut
My vehicles: '23 Ioniq 5
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: small screw extractors
Something small I would really like: a cool lego car, stickers
Hobbies: video games, piano
Shirt size: XXL
Junk/No Junk: send me a Chinese sailing ship with fully battened sails
Comments: I want fun stickers for my toolbox
A local merchant option: no idea, DC area has everything
Dicks/No Dicks: outside dongs no, inside dongs yes

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
My vehicles: 1990 Miata, 1980 Austin Mini, 2013 Fit, 2018 CX-5
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Too many tools, but maybe something obscure or home renovation related?
Something small I would really like: Snacks, stickers, magnets, keychains, Hot Wheels
Hobbies: Cooking, baking, woodworking, renovations, video games, cats, music, shitboxes
Shirt size: Small/Medium
Junk/No Junk: Rad junk welcome
Comments: There's a Tiny Vanderhuge now, something toddler appropriate would be welcome
A local merchant option: Whatever's easiest, Amazon/Ebay/etc, there are lots of cool local businesses too. Failing that Princess Auto :canada:
Dicks/No Dicks: Minimal dicks please

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

After a couple year hiatus I AM BACK and excited to take part in AI:SS

Somewhat Heroic
My vehicles: E90 M3, Lexus LX 570, a small tear drop camping trailer
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: small lights for working under the hood/under cars
Something small I would really like: a neat hot wheels to share with my kids
Hobbies: radio controlled cars, camping, not using my turn signal
Shirt size: large
Food Allergies: we have a diagnosed celiac in the house, so no gluten. Also no alcohol (not my scene)
Junk/No Junk: I dream of your junk :awesome:
Comments: Certified Sticker Slut <--stolen from OP because I like this.
A local merchant option: I have no chicken in this cockfight.
Dicks/No Dicks: tasteful? I have small kids that probably wouldn't see the humor. I guess this is to say make them hidden.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
ok fine.

Raluek
My vehicles: '60 F100, '68 Javelin, '69 Chevelle (eternal project), '74 CJ5. also '15 CB300F that i STILL haven't started riding
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: idk, recently? a really nice pair of circlip pliers. e: or a rivnut tool
Something small I would really like: i have a hell of a sweet tooth. weird snacks are good too
Hobbies: car poo poo, electronics poo poo (EE for work). keeping cool old things out of the trash.
Shirt size: men's L, tall slim fit if you're fancy
Food Allergies: nerp
Junk/No Junk: hell yes
Comments: after last year maybe i have enough stickers lmao. unless it's something cool and special of course!
A local merchant option: geez i dunno
Dicks/No Dicks: dicks are good

i think i will come back and edit this later, just poundin' it out off the top of my head for now.

Raluek fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Dec 14, 2023

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
SapientCorvid
My vehicles: 88 FJ62, 22 Ioniq5, 17 Nissan Leaf, 89 Honda GB500, AND A 96 LANDCRUISER PRADO HOW DID I FORGET THE MOST INTERESTING CAR I OWN JFC
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: 10 mm sockets.
Something small I would really like: anything small LEGO, to show my son how they work (he’s still in duplo mode)
Hobbies: homebrewing, espresso, M:tG, indie video games
Shirt size: Unisex L or XL (defer to XL if it’s fitted)
Junk/No Junk: lmao, sure
Comments: first time!
A local merchant option: Stuff in the SLC area (there is High West Distillery in Park City…)
Dicks/No Dicks: if needed, dicks is fine. I’d like a little warning so my 3 year old doesn’t have his first core memory being a dildo coming out of a box I opened

SapientCorvid fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 23, 2023

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Just to check, am I the only person who was matched with themself for AISS?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Hi. I haven't posted much this year so, sorry about that. If you need hints, check WroughtIrony's posts I guess lol (wife)

Terrible Robot
My vehicles: 2017 Ford Mustang Ecoboost, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST, 1999 Volvo C70, 1989 Volvo 245, 1986 Toyota Celica GT-S

The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: I have so many tools, but you might surprise me

Something small I would really like: stickers, weird knick-knacks

Hobbies: working on/driving cars, shooting guns, reading, videogames

Food Allergies: No allergies

Comments: I love stickers and hot wheels

A local merchant option: I don't think the dispensaries deliver but if they got coupons...

Dicks/No Dicks: Dick me up

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Ok I accidentally live-fired my script, I am still debugging and will resend hopefully only one more time with the for-real matches, disregard anything you have received until now. Sorry!

EDIT: Real matches have been sent, email or post here if you have any questions.

Big Taint fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 23, 2023

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Okay, it looks like this email worked! Thanks for running AISS this year!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Safety Dance posted:

Just to check, am I the only person who was matched with themself for AISS?

You're gonna save a ton on shipping!

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

This is ChatGPT’s response to ‘create ASCII art of Santa waving out of the window of a vintage car’:

code:
         /    |          |    \
        /     |__________|     \
       /______|__________|______\
      |       |          |       |
      | (o)   |          |   (o) |
      |_______|__________|_______|
       | |    |          |    | |
       | |    |__________|    | |
       |_|____________________|_|
      /___\ /___\  /___\  /___\ /___\
     Santa Waving Out of the Window
So I gave it a sample image, a photo of Santa, and it came up with this:

And then one with Santa waving out the back window or roof:

Ok, one more try, the one that I used in the match emails I sent out this morning:

ChatGPT also helped me write the email script, which was obviously seamless.

Next deadline is December 15 to mail those packages!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
No way that will start at the North Pole. Explains the reindeer I guess.