Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

USPS dropped off my package at 10:50pm. They are working late this year.

I opened it, it’s awesome, I’ll post details tomorrow. Time for bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

cursedshitbox posted:

Thank you much for everything, Slothrop!

Yay, glad it all arrived before Xmas! Glad you enjoy the stickers too, I had such fun generating them. If you want me to :filez: you the originals, just shoot me a pm or slothropai at the Google mail site.

Not sure what of that junk food might be novel or foreign to you, I gave my sister free rein in that department. Allsorts are of course traditionally English but they were a staple growing up in NZ. The Tonys is A++ stuff too

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Terrible Robot posted:

A few nights ago Night Danger Moose and spouse actually stopped by my place to personally deliver their gift. They are super awesome and their gifts were amazing, and I am a shitbag for not posting about it sooner. I will get pics tomorrow, but I wanted them to know I appreciate the hell out of the gifts and the effort of making the drive to nowhere, MD. Thanks Night Danger Moose!

I'm glad you like them! Can't wait to see the pics.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Received my package last night and it's hefty, I'll try to open it tonight :toot:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Received my package last night and it's hefty, I'll try to open it tonight :toot:

:btroll:

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Ok nerds, today is the deadbeat deadline. I think I'm only missing a couple people now, if you haven't sent me any tracking or some sort of assurance that you have something cooking the banhammer will start to fall this weekend. I will send out more gentle reminder emails MANUALLY.

In other news, I received a package and will post tonight!

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Can you send another accusing email to everyone? I was kinda expecting one...

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

A package arrived

Smells suspiciously like fish, quite the haul too

Good connection of stickers

A note explained a few things, apparently this is a raccoon penis?

The cookies did not survive the trip, but the wife reports she did enjoy them

Yes I'm going to make lox quesadillas and not tell the wife they're fish, will send trip report.

The big prize is now the star in my license plate collection though

Will do all the crimes

Nessie is enjoying her fish

This is awesome, Advent Horizon, thank you very much. Merry Christmas!

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 23, 2023

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

We once had dinner with an elderly couple, two nuns, and a priest. An oosik was passed around without explanation (I knew what it was) and then there was a recital of ‘Ode to an Oosik’ while the clergy turned bright red.

quote:

ODE TO AN OOSIK

Strange things have been done in the Midnight Sun
and the story books are full,
But the strangest tale concerns the male
magnificent walrus bull!

I know it's rude, quite common and crude,
perhaps it is grossly unkind;
But with first glance at least, this bewhiskered beast,
is as ugly in front as behind.

Look once again, take a second look - then
you'll see he's not ugly or vile -
There's a hint of a grin, in that blubbery chin -
and the eyes have a sly secret smile.

How can this be, this clandestine glee
that exudes from the walrus like music?
He knows, there inside, beneath blubber and hide
lies a splendid contrivance - the Oosik!

"Oosik" you say - and quite well you may,
I'll explain if you keep it between us,
in the simplest truth, though rather uncouth,
Oosik is, in fact, his penis!

Now the size alone of this walrus bone,
would indeed arouse envious thinking -
it is also a fact, documented and backed,
There is never a softening or shrinking!

This, then, is why the smile is so sly,
the walrus is rightfully proud.
Though the climate is frigid, the walrus is rigid,
Pray, why, is not man so endowed?

Added to this, is a smile you might miss -
Though the bull is entitled to bow -
The one to out-smile our bull by a mile
is the satisfied walrus cow!

The raccoon only wishes.

This is an Oosik turned into a gavel for our former Congressman, Don Young:

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

Mustache Ride posted:

explained a few things, apparently this is a raccoon penis?

Advent really elevating the dick game for AI:SS.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

I finally got mine sent! I received a package sometime in the last couple of days and it got thrown in the pile with all of the other packages. Then someone at the party last night said "why is there obama on one of your amazon packages?"
Obama? What?
Oh, you're 21, you wouldn't recognize the face of RICHARD MILHOUS NIXON! I have a package covered in Dicks and I didn't know for (some unspecified) number of days?!
What have we here?

A truly motley assortment.

In addition to the heartwarming note, there are some very thoughtful items.
I will be putting some of these stickers on my water bottle that my corporate collegues may see. I will be putting some of them on my laptop that the general public might see. I will be putting some of them on OTHER PEOPLE'S public property in order to shame them :v:.
I will use this "truly random" laser for my cats and 80lb-dog-who-was-raised-by-cats-and-chases-lasers. I'll try to figure out how to use the treats maze in an area where the dogs won't molest it.
I'm digging the air intake pipe. The only identifying marks are "FoMoCo" and a manufacture date and plastic type. It's interesting.
The beer is very good. This unfiltered pilsner starts places, has flavors, and ends places. They did a good job.
And, in case y'all thought there were only dicks on the outside of the box, there's a 1976 Honda Goldwing Petcock included!

Thank you so much, Mr. Wiggles!

babyeatingpsychopath fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 23, 2023

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Merry Christmas! Glad it all made it safe!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

A girthy and weighty package appears, from the far off land of Oregon. Weather today was also all kinds of rainy. Coincidence? :tinfoil:

Inside, a letter! Which may deservedly call me / my shitbox Jeep out in the final sentence :v:

And a whole assload of stuff:

A fleet of Safety Princess Approved rubber ducks, numerous enough to make even the most mallcrawler JL owner jealous.
A fine selection of junk, including a remarkably clean vacuum operated valve, a chain that really doesn't want to move, a 90 degree hose fitting that will legitimately probably end up in the TJ's evap system, part of a monkey wrench, some Nissan spare-wheel lugnuts still sealed in their package, a bracket, a keychain/fidget toy, an assload of P-clamps, a 3D-printed cat, and a mesh bag.
Stickers that will end up on one of my toolboxes, a Streamlight Microstream, hazelnut goodies, a polyurethane engine mount, and green tea (which my wife and daughter have already laid claim to).

And legitimately the highlights - homemade blackberry jam, home harvested honey, and a SJOOW extension cord. (Also, I'm assuming the velcro/clip straps are meant to hang up cords and the like, I haven't opened them up yet.) I now have reason to say "grab the nice extension cord". The honey and jam both look amazing and I expect them to be half gone before the year is out.

Thank you The Spyder, this is amazing.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

Last Friday I dropped off a package at the post office. Half an hour later I got a USPS notification that a package had been shipped from the exact same zip code to me - we had a race! Mustache Ride won, but only because my postman was still working at eleven pm.

I opened the package and was greeted by a very important page from my Bobcat’s manual:

Lube all the things!

On the other side was a letter:

I still haven’t figured out which part of this is supposedly the lovely part, it all seems pretty awesome:

I think I know what that puzzle is, and I am actually kind of tempted to bring it to my parents’ house for Christmas. My dad’s old softball team was the Oosiks. There’s also a really nice pair of Knipex nippers, a ‘universal nutcracker’ with some balls that absolutely will not fit, a ton of awesome stickers, some eclipse viewing glasses (you probably got to see more of it than I did!), a license plate (glad I could send you one to replace this in your collection!), some great looking snacks, and lastly a 10mm.

About that 10mm - at this point it’s a running gag that I have more 10mm sockets than I know what to do with. 80s Japan loved odd-numbered sockets so almost everything uses 11mm :v:

Edit: HOW COULD I FORGET THIS AWESOME SHIRT?!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

IOwnCalculus posted:

And a whole assload of stuff:

A fleet of Safety Princess Approved rubber ducks, numerous enough to make even the most mallcrawler JL owner jealous.
A fine selection of junk, including a remarkably clean vacuum operated valve, a chain that really doesn't want to move, a 90 degree hose fitting that will legitimately probably end up in the TJ's evap system, part of a monkey wrench,...

I need to know the story behind the broken Stillson wrench

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

blindjoe posted:

It has!

Merry porsche-mas!

Thanks McTinkerson!

- I forgot to mention, all the Porsche swag is getting regifted to my father-inlaw as he is a porsche enthusiast so timing is perfect!

That is excellent news!

The chopped keychain and microfibers are from Mighty Car Mods as mentioned above. One can never have enough microfiber towels.

In other news, Canada Post is working overtime as my doorbell camera indicates that this package was delivered just after 2200 local time last night.

This is an absolute masterpiece (seriously, not being sarcastic). I am hanging this on the wall in the garage.

drat, this is quite the haul. Oddly enough, I do not have any RE-Amemiya swag, so this is even more interesting.

Junk from the turn of the century, eh?

Yup, check out. Can confirm. :hurr:
I do not own a 1:18 scale version so this is a very very welcome addition. (The total thanks to you is now 1:1, 1:10, 1:18 and 1:24.)

Thank you Bulk Vanderhuge! I love all of it.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

PainterofCrap posted:

Don't feel bad, mine came a couple days ago, but two emergency car repairs (for others) and various holiday obligations came first.

A box!

A sign of things to come:

o god.

ZuZu on high alert:

What a haul!

Not sure what I'll do with that sprocket. I may mount it on the garage fridge, or wall, as to me, it's excellent industrial art.

The moto & other stickers will find their way all over the garage; some will become magnets.

Saving these for Christmas Day!

A beautiful and extremely witty holiday letter from Builds Character:

Impressive selection of Cadbury's most popular! My wife & I ate the Aero bar immediately. We are husbanding the rest (i.e. she hid them from me).

The fucks and confet-dicks have escaped containment and are spreading around the Crap manse...

Nifty bottle opener goes to the garage (beer) fridge

You have a fan

Awaiting the drop ship!

A most welcome and warmly received gift pack from Builds Character

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

I'm glad you enjoyed. Let me know how you like tell me you love the hot sauce too. Last thing got delivered as soon as I left to see family so it'll head your way in January.

Elviscat posted:

Thanks for bagging them nicely, the olive oil leaked a tiny bit, but it didn't escape containment.

A year later and I'm still finding Builds Character's dicks from AI:SS 2022 around my house, just last week I spread them to my truck when I opened a previously unopened pocket on the moto backpack he gifted me.

You're welcome! :buddy:

You never did tell me whether you needed the other straps though.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

builds character posted:

You're welcome! :buddy:

You never did tell me whether you needed the other straps though.

Oh poo poo, no, these ones are perfect at max extension, I thought they'd be a little small, but they're super stretchy and it stays in place awesome.

Unrelated, looks like USPS is working serious OT to make up for my bad planning skills, and my Santee received their package before Christmas!

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

McTinkerson posted:

Thank you Bulk Vanderhuge! I love all of it.

I'm glad it arrived so quickly, I was surprised when I got the delivery notice. I use the pry bar quite a bit at work, it's helpful with pesky electrical connector tabs too. I might have to do a better sketch, it was just a last minute doodle where I was like "You know, you could make a penis with rotary engine parts." The RX-8 model was acquired a looong time ago and I was so pumped when I found it, looks like we have the same taste when it comes to wheel colours :)

I finally opened my present and what a package:

This is such a thoughtful package SharkyTM, lets go take a look.

Baby Beluga is a household favourite, this travel sized copy will come in handy. The books, scoop and Pepto Pink Mini are going into the kiddos stocking.

A great assortment of stickers.

Screws, gloves, glasses and bits. The Robertson bits are much appreciated :canada:

MORE SPICE FOR THE SPICE COLLECTION. The taffy is great and I found another pair of glasses and some hot chocolate test tubes inside. The apple butter is delicious and my wife raided some of the other goodies already.

Some vanilla beans inside a very hefty glass housing.

So very cool, I hope this is the right photo.

A confusing number of red dot laser modules, was this supposed to be in here?

And the grand finale, my very own SKYLINE CHILI TSHIRT. It's hilarious because we were just talking about it before I opened the package. She did not like being around it at all but I kind of liked it?

Thanks again SharkyTM!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Penzey's Spices are legit! They used to have a retail location near us but they closed it. No matter, we are hooked and order online now. They have the best smoked paprika on the planet

Elviscat posted:

Oh poo poo, no, these ones are perfect at max extension, I thought they'd be a little small, but they're super stretchy and it stays in place awesome.

Unrelated, looks like USPS is working serious OT to make up for my bad planning skills, and my Santee received their package before Christmas!

Where do I even begin? This is an AI:SS All Timer!

An Box arrived just about lunch time

What treasures await!!!

Not Hot Wheels but cooler! The kids quickly claimed these

A :krad: set of playing cards, which will definitely be used

Tons of chocolate treats and goodies; a wind up VW microbus, a NOS shirt; a Blue Origin shirt, stickers, two rechargeable magnetic work lights that will definitely come in handy when I dig into the lexus this winter to reseal the coolant valley heat transfer plate.

But who could have sent me such bounty? ELVIS CAT and they even wrote me a thoughtful card!
https://imgur.com/Rn47vLY.mp4

I opened the card first...which immediately brought on the laughs. I spent the next ~5 minutes checking out the rest of the gifts. We kept waiting for the card to stop. It...doesn't which just made all of us laugh harder. All the kids and my wife were present while opening. The kids all laughing at the meowing card that wasn't planning on stopping.

I fortunately made an attempt to salvage the card without destroying the card. That is when I found the most nefarious and devious trick this card had in store

This is why I say fortunately:
https://imgur.com/PPwhEdw.mp4
https://imgur.com/rnVNdF0.mp4

I still made a mess.

I cannot say thanks and Merry Christmas enough to all of you here and huge thanks to Big Taint for organizing this for the group. This was a great year.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

"Edited for length"
Inside, a letter! Which may deservedly call me / my shitbox Jeep out in the final sentence :v:

A fine selection of junk, including a remarkably clean vacuum operated valve, a chain that really doesn't want to move, a 90 degree hose fitting that will legitimately probably end up in the TJ's evap system, part of a monkey wrench, some Nissan spare-wheel lugnuts still sealed in their package, a bracket, a keychain/fidget toy, an assload of P-clamps, a 3D-printed cat, and a mesh bag.
Stickers that will end up on one of my toolboxes, a Streamlight Microstream, hazelnut goodies, a polyurethane engine mount, and green tea (which my wife and daughter have already laid claim to).

And legitimately the highlights - homemade blackberry jam, home harvested honey, and a SJOOW extension cord. (Also, I'm assuming the velcro/clip straps are meant to hang up cords and the like, I haven't opened them up yet.) I now have reason to say "grab the nice extension cord". The honey and jam both look amazing and I expect them to be half gone before the year is out.

I'm happy it made it there safely! I was concerned I did not pack the glass well enough, glad it made it!
I may have a distinct distaste for all things Jeep related after keeping my wife's on the road - only for it to be driven twice this year. It's broken. Again.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
My own heavy and girthy packaged arrived from non other than BIG TAINT himself. The ghost of AI's Christmas spirit was clearly present as he packed this load. I can honestly say, I've never been blessed with this large of a load of absolute junk. It's :perfect:. Ironically, the most valuable item included is the same flashlight I managed to loose the DAY BEFORE this package arrived. Your timing was magnificent and greatly appreciated.

The included items are an absolutely stunning array of JUNK, collected from the finest industrial auctions. (I feel like you've influenced me to start buying junk from these auctions... but I'm outta room!)

I have been pondering what compelled someone to name their I'm assuming 2 wheeled vehicle, after the robin hood maiden.

The artwork is :discourse:

BIG TAINT was kind enough to share photos taken at Sears Point some time in the 70's/early 80's by his father in law.

By far - these two photos are my favorite part. Thank you for sharing these.

This is truly a fantastic collection. I have not been brave enough to open the blanket yet. Maybe after enough egg-nog tonight.
Thank you BIG TAINT!

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
And with this years AI:SS opened, I must confess a terrible sin from years past.
I never opened my AI:SS gift from 2022. I owe Advent Horizon a HUGE apology. There is a good reason, but it coincides with why I chose to take a year off from posting. The day the package arrived, my post lady handed me box and as I walked into the house I got the call that my friend had unexpectedly passed. I sat the box down in our living room with the Christmas packages and never touched it. With everything else that transpired this last year, it took me until this week to be OK with opening it and moving on.
I feel like a massive wanker having now opened it.

So, I present the gift I should have posted last year.

A kind, hand written note topped the heavy package.

Inside was an absolutely MASSIVE assortment. You overdid it in the absolutely best way possible. :clap:

Now having read the note, quantity over quality somehow slipped past me.

... inside were THRITY led micro flashlights. You Madman. I love it. My daughter has already claimed 6 and absconded with them.

The license plate. The Alaskan beer advertisements. The stickers. The canned salmon and kelp from your friends small business. It's amazing.
It looks like the only casualty is the Pilot Bread. I'll order some fresh stock to try the goodies from Barnacle Seafood - ironically
I've been wanting to try Kelp pickles this last year and I had no idea I had a stock of them.

Thank you, Advent Horizon. Both for your absolutely stunning dedication to putting a smile on another internet rando's face, but for your patience. If your mailing address is still the same as listed, I'd like to send you and your wife honey from our farm. Although I might put it in a plastic container for this trip.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 24, 2023

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

With just some glitter and a wink, your data will be turned into a 40GB looping .gif of penguins fucking.

Well, here I am -- I feel like an enormous putz for not opening this and documenting it sooner, but it is amazing!

Uwu, what's this?

A package! From a goon! Blaine, WA. I think I know a goon from there, but I forget their username. Who could it be?

A birthday card -- for me!

Oh, it's from blindjoe! Wait, that's not Blaine, WA at all. How did that happen? Let's dig in. I am very excited for my beaver to be sharpened and POWERFISTed.

Oh, I have just the phone for that. Let's dig it out of a box!

Perfect. The plug doesn't seem to fit, though. I wonder why? Maybe Samsung had two incompatible nearly identical plugs?

Oh, I guess that explains it. I guess that makes sense.

Cars!

Gum?

No, cars! The moroso motorsports one is especially funny because my colo box in Sacramento is named `moroso`. But it's named after the furniture company.

I cannot describe how difficult this was to take a photo of.

An extremely multi-tool. Good for driving 7 different type of screws at the same time, while shining a flashlight in your face the other direction.

A mag tray! You can never have enough of these, and the collapsible nature of it is super cool.

A Wera PZ1 driver. Wera's poo poo is awesome. I have a few of their other drivers in different sizes, and a bunch of their hex stuff, but this is one I didn't have that meaningfully fills a gap in my collection. You know someone has good taste when they get Wera poo poo.

Ok I've never actually had a pair of vise grips, let alone nice-rear end ones like this. I will take care of these. These will be a good addition to my tool chest. Like these feel like the star of the show of this box to me. Dang dude, grandpa's vise grips, I will use the hell out of them.

A deer! He fell off his base on the way, but some hot melt will take care of that.

Aw, I was hoping this would actually sharpen my beaver.

You know, for making it extra delightful to gently caress my friends.

Like this guy, preparing to mount for the mating ritual.

An MP3 player. I wonder if it has anything on it?

What's that IT said? Can anyone remind me? What are you supposed to do with unsolicited USB sticks that arrive in the mail from strangers on the internet? Put them in your computer, right?

It has MP3s on it. I shall not spoil blindjoe's taste to the rest of the internet.

Some wood?

Ah, a musical outhouse!

I have to confess, I'm a sparky, not a mechanical engineer. I haven't actually figured out how to put it together yet.

A lovely haul! I shall do my best to keep my beaver sharp. Thanks, blindjoe!!

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

With just some glitter and a wink, your data will be turned into a 40GB looping .gif of penguins fucking.

KillHour posted:

Good lord, these are sharp. They also claim they'll help with my heartburn!

They are extremely sharp. I have skewered my fingers with EROP7SAs more times than I care to admit. But if you're picking up 0201s and placing them by hand, or picking glue residue off stuff, or doing a little bit of levering on a PCB, or nearly any task that doesn't require raw brute force, I think you will find them useful. My job in life is to preach the gospel of the EROP7SA. Accept no substitutes.

Happy prying!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The Linux Fairy posted:

They are extremely sharp. I have skewered my fingers with EROP7SAs more times than I care to admit. But if you're picking up 0201s and placing them by hand, or picking glue residue off stuff, or doing a little bit of levering on a PCB, or nearly any task that doesn't require raw brute force, I think you will find them useful. My job in life is to preach the gospel of the EROP7SA. Accept no substitutes.

Happy prying!

I rarely if ever do work on a PCB but I already used them to fish a screw out of a hard to reach spot in my espresso machine so 10/10 would tweeze again.

They also keep poking through the silicone sleeve meant to stop you from stabbing yourself...

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Big Taint posted:

In other news, I received a package and will post tonight why not at this point in time!

This little guy showed up, seems promising.

Orb, for pondering.

Yesss I've been wanting this for ages.

An card.

Apropos, I should update my dead thread soon...

:buddy:

Beginner, accurate.

Elderly, also accurate.

SCORE

FIAT

So I now have at least 20% of a Fiat Panda, right?

Glorious sticker bounty!

Making me want to go to Japan.

These will probably save my bacon some day.

Gonna put this on the Bolt's charge cable.

I'm rich!

Awesome little Hot Wheel.

Ooh, Lego!

Hark, a helper. We (I) put it together and then he ran off with it and the Honda.

Calendar King? Is that a clue what's inside this envelope?

It is in fact an calendar, which one will it be?

Hard to pick a favorite from here.

LOL

Sexy thicc mushroom?

IT'S PUGS

Oops

LOL

'You can't park that there, mate'

THANKS, INITIALDAVE!

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

the spyder posted:

Thank you, Advent Horizon. Both for your absolutely stunning dedication to putting a smile on another internet rando's face, but for your patience. If your mailing address is still the same as listed, I'd like to send you and your wife honey from our farm. Although I might put it in a plastic container for this trip.

Yep, same address.

I need to confess that another couple stickers finally arrived in January and have been sitting by my door waiting to mail all year.

I was wondering what I did with that license plate :v: Glad it has a good home.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I opened the card first...which immediately brought on the laughs. I spent the next ~5 minutes checking out the rest of the gifts. We kept waiting for the card to stop. It...doesn't which just made all of us laugh harder. All the kids and my wife were present while opening. The kids all laughing at the meowing card that wasn't planning on stopping.

I fortunately made an attempt to salvage the card without destroying the card. That is when I found the most nefarious and devious trick this card had in store

Those cards are pure evil! That's a really good job dissecting it without getting glitter everywhere!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Suzuki Cappuccino Owners Register for Enthusiasts, I think technically the group still exists?

Big Taint posted:

FIAT

So I now have at least 20% of a Fiat Panda, right?
Well, you probably have 100% of what's left of that one!

Big Taint posted:

THANKS, INITIALDAVE!
Merry Christmas!

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

USPS says "Your item was delivered at the front door or porch at 10:38 am on December 26, 2023."

I found some things that fell out of the box when I was taping it up, so HMU when you open it....

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

After what looks like some shipping delays the first part (?!) of my excellent gift arrived from Raluek today.

Very nice note

Cookies!

Booze!

Excellent pairing

The home made cookies are excellent, I've had a half dozen already. The bourbon is also very good and will be enthusiastically enjoyed next week when I'm on vacation and NOT on call. Thank you Raluek.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
aw yeah, finally! i rushed to get that package out because it was supposed to arrive on Thursday and I didn't have the rest ready yet, then of course the package was delayed until after the holiday anyway.

im relieved that everything arrived intact. i was nervously imagining the bottle rolling around and pulverizing the cookies, or somehow leaking and saturating the box since i didn't double-bag it.

glad you liked it! i made myself a batch of those cookies afterwards (it's a new recipe I hadn't tried before) and have been enjoying them as well!

im not a big fan of bourbon, but i really like the gin from those folks. i hope the bourbon is just as good!

the other part of your gift was delivered to my vacant house while i have been away for holiday stuff, so another package will head your way this week or next.

merry christmas!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

A busy 24-hours, but finally opened Builds Character's wrapped gifts!

My wife has spirited the hot sauces away (especially the lime one!) so a trip report will be delayed...

but the real excitement is: I'll be able to see WTF I am doing down in the Econoline engine hole, because of

LIGHT

GLORIOUS LIGHT!

(and more dicks!)

That headband light is the serious poo poo. Lightweight, small, but blinding. Coupled with the other two, the dark is banished

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

In a haze from eating leftover brisket I realize that I forgot I haven’t posted! Shiiiiiiiiiit

What a box of wonders!

Dope stickers, mechanic gloves that won’t make me sad, and super Mario candy to bribe my boy with. Hell yes

An extrusion mishap (and a success in the form of a six point 10mm, lol), Lego, Pocky and Seattle swag, with a great pen and grid journal!

Thank you, Safety Dance! My boy loves the beetle, and is sleeping with it now.

A fine Yuletide to all! Thanks for letting me be involved with my first AI:SS.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I was starting to get worried! You're welcome! Merry AISS!

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

The Linux Fairy posted:

Some wood?

Ah, a musical outhouse!

I have to confess, I'm a sparky, not a mechanical engineer. I haven't actually figured out how to put it together yet.

The key to musical outhouse is to set the trap first, then build the walls around it.
Unfortunately the gag doesn't work through shipping - maybe it can be passed on

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
upon my arrival, i found a box that i didnt recognize. santa???

it contained a nice greeting, despite a disappointing dearth of dicks.

lol sike. this actually made me cackle, good work

alright, digging below the tissue paper, not one but TWO super nice snap ring pliers. when i asked for something nice, i was thinking like, channellock nice; knipex goes above and beyond. this rules!

i actually found the small one first, thought "oh wow that's generous" and then there was another one hiding underneath. fantastic. i have some axle/hub/driveshaft stuff to do soon, and these will come in very handy.

under those, some fancy looking treats. looking forward to trying these.

next are... straps? of some kind? you're going to have to help me out here, i am extremely stupid. restraints for bedtime activities perhaps???

ok lastish, go team! now i can represent, since the car wont be able to actually go anywhere anytime soon i need to convince people it exists. i swear i have one! see i even have the t-shirt!!

then at the bottom of the box was even more good stuff. not only hi-chew, but sour hi chew. gonna have to be careful with these, i have forbidden myself from buying the big bags because that often goes poorly for me.

anyway! this was a real big haul, thanks forums poster sapient corvid. merry belated, and happy almost new year!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

I'm glad it arrived so quickly, I was surprised when I got the delivery notice. I use the pry bar quite a bit at work, it's helpful with pesky electrical connector tabs too. I might have to do a better sketch, it was just a last minute doodle where I was like "You know, you could make a penis with rotary engine parts." The RX-8 model was acquired a looong time ago and I was so pumped when I found it, looks like we have the same taste when it comes to wheel colours :)

I finally opened my present and what a package:

This is such a thoughtful package SharkyTM, lets go take a look.

Baby Beluga is a household favourite, this travel sized copy will come in handy. The books, scoop and Pepto Pink Mini are going into the kiddos stocking.

A great assortment of stickers.

Screws, gloves, glasses and bits. The Robertson bits are much appreciated :canada:

MORE SPICE FOR THE SPICE COLLECTION. The taffy is great and I found another pair of glasses and some hot chocolate test tubes inside. The apple butter is delicious and my wife raided some of the other goodies already.

Some vanilla beans inside a very hefty glass housing.

So very cool, I hope this is the right photo.

A confusing number of red dot laser modules, was this supposed to be in here?

And the grand finale, my very own SKYLINE CHILI TSHIRT. It's hilarious because we were just talking about it before I opened the package. She did not like being around it at all but I kind of liked it?

Thanks again SharkyTM!

You're quite welcome. That is the correct picture of sentry. The strobe is in the trail, the camera is in the nose.

The lasers... well, that explains where they went. I'll pm you. :balldo: they were definitely not intended for you, I probably missed them in the packing material from DigiKey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

sharkytm posted:

You're quite welcome. That is the correct picture of sentry. The strobe is in the trail, the camera is in the nose.

The lasers... well, that explains where they went. I'll pm you. :balldo: they were definitely not intended for you, I probably missed them in the packing material from DigiKey.

Darn, I was hoping to add laser markers to all of my shop equipment :science:

PM'd you back!