Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm in Japan but won't be long enough to know who I have, so whoever that is will be getting whatever weird JDM automotive thing I can find :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

KillHour
My vehicles: '16 Aston Martin DB9 GT Volante, '17 Focus RS, '22 M4 Comp xDrive
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: a prybar that won't mar the poo poo out of brake calipers.
Something small I would really like: A puzzle box or something to fidget with
Hobbies: hoarding half broken audio gear and electronics, being a huge nerd about coffee/espresso/mixed drinks, pretending to learn Japanese
Shirt size: XL or L if it's long / LT (I have a long torso)
Food Allergies: None
Junk/No Junk: always
Comments: I don't even know what to get myself most of the time
A local merchant option: uhhhh poo poo idk
Dicks/No Dicks: how else am I supposed to get off

Note for Big Taint: like I said I already bought some stuff and that includes dick(s). If you pick a no-dicks Santee, please also give me a place to send unsolicited dicks. Thx.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Package sent. Post office said it should be there Wednesday.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

sharkytm posted:

Thanks Nadmonk! PirateShip would have saved you like $15 on shipping, gotta love it.

USPS says I have a package coming from PirateShip... :thunk:

Clues!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Santa came all over!

I wonder what I will find...

Dickbutts! The blue one looks like it had a rough time in transit, but I hear they make good test subjects for whatever strange and potentially dangerous adhesives that I might find at Harbor Freight.

Carnage! This looks like there's a good story behind it. Maybe the blue dickbutt was in a tragic biking accident.

ADD catnip! I had the folding block thing as a kid except wood and held together with stickers. I played with it until it literally fell apart and I intend to do the same to this one.

Tools for delicate work. I am not a delicate man, so hopefully these will assist me in that regard.

Tools for slightly less delicate work. I do enjoy prying things open, and my only plastic spudger is very small so these will be quite useful, I think. They also click together in an extremely satisfying way.

Tools for strategic application of brute force. Now we're talkin'! :getin:

I know! I'm sorry sensei! I'll do better next time! :negative:

Some words! On a page!

My wife has been singing little drummer boy for a week straight please make it stop :suicide:

Good lord, these are sharp. They also claim they'll help with my heartburn!

Thank you for everything, Santa Linux Fairy!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Package delivered! :toot:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm glad everything got there in one piece. I was kind of worried about the hotdog truck since I couldn't figure out a way to pack it that it wouldn't be at the edge of the box. It (and the keychains) came from this place, which has an absolutely mindblowing selection of every kind of model or miniature you can imagine. Deciding on something was... hard.

The stickers came from Harajuku and I couldn't stop myself from buying far too many of them.

It's kind of buried in there, but the Nintendo thing is a deck of cards. Fun fact - Nintendo started as a playing card company, and still makes them to this day.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Dec 22, 2023

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

Oh shoot, I realised I forgot to call out the genuine Nintendo playing cards! And the acoustic foam is actually needed in my office. Thanks for those too!

e. I need to figure out which keychain is most ironic on my Porsche key fob

No worries! And I have so much of that foam... I should have included more :v:

I think the Datsun one is probably more ironic, but the VTEC one is funnier.

I'm 99% sure the Fairlady kit is this one, so yes you'll need glue and paint and far more patience than I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9ij0cTrI78

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The Linux Fairy posted:

They are extremely sharp. I have skewered my fingers with EROP7SAs more times than I care to admit. But if you're picking up 0201s and placing them by hand, or picking glue residue off stuff, or doing a little bit of levering on a PCB, or nearly any task that doesn't require raw brute force, I think you will find them useful. My job in life is to preach the gospel of the EROP7SA. Accept no substitutes.

Happy prying!

I rarely if ever do work on a PCB but I already used them to fish a screw out of a hard to reach spot in my espresso machine so 10/10 would tweeze again.

They also keep poking through the silicone sleeve meant to stop you from stabbing yourself...