Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

"Edited for length"
Inside, a letter! Which may deservedly call me / my shitbox Jeep out in the final sentence :v:

A fleet of Safety Princess Approved rubber ducks, numerous enough to make even the most mallcrawler JL owner jealous.
A fine selection of junk, including a remarkably clean vacuum operated valve, a chain that really doesn't want to move, a 90 degree hose fitting that will legitimately probably end up in the TJ's evap system, part of a monkey wrench, some Nissan spare-wheel lugnuts still sealed in their package, a bracket, a keychain/fidget toy, an assload of P-clamps, a 3D-printed cat, and a mesh bag.
Stickers that will end up on one of my toolboxes, a Streamlight Microstream, hazelnut goodies, a polyurethane engine mount, and green tea (which my wife and daughter have already laid claim to).

And legitimately the highlights - homemade blackberry jam, home harvested honey, and a SJOOW extension cord. (Also, I'm assuming the velcro/clip straps are meant to hang up cords and the like, I haven't opened them up yet.) I now have reason to say "grab the nice extension cord". The honey and jam both look amazing and I expect them to be half gone before the year is out.

Thank you The Spyder, this is amazing.

I'm happy it made it there safely! I was concerned I did not pack the glass well enough, glad it made it!
I may have a distinct distaste for all things Jeep related after keeping my wife's on the road - only for it to be driven twice this year. It's broken. Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
My own heavy and girthy packaged arrived from non other than BIG TAINT himself. The ghost of AI's Christmas spirit was clearly present as he packed this load. I can honestly say, I've never been blessed with this large of a load of absolute junk. It's :perfect:. Ironically, the most valuable item included is the same flashlight I managed to loose the DAY BEFORE this package arrived. Your timing was magnificent and greatly appreciated.

The included items are an absolutely stunning array of JUNK, collected from the finest industrial auctions. (I feel like you've influenced me to start buying junk from these auctions... but I'm outta room!)

I have been pondering what compelled someone to name their I'm assuming 2 wheeled vehicle, after the robin hood maiden.

The artwork is :discourse:

BIG TAINT was kind enough to share photos taken at Sears Point some time in the 70's/early 80's by his father in law.

By far - these two photos are my favorite part. Thank you for sharing these.

This is truly a fantastic collection. I have not been brave enough to open the blanket yet. Maybe after enough egg-nog tonight.
Thank you BIG TAINT!

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
And with this years AI:SS opened, I must confess a terrible sin from years past.
I never opened my AI:SS gift from 2022. I owe Advent Horizon a HUGE apology. There is a good reason, but it coincides with why I chose to take a year off from posting. The day the package arrived, my post lady handed me box and as I walked into the house I got the call that my friend had unexpectedly passed. I sat the box down in our living room with the Christmas packages and never touched it. With everything else that transpired this last year, it took me until this week to be OK with opening it and moving on.
I feel like a massive wanker having now opened it.

So, I present the gift I should have posted last year.

A kind, hand written note topped the heavy package.

Inside was an absolutely MASSIVE assortment. You overdid it in the absolutely best way possible. :clap:

Now having read the note, quantity over quality somehow slipped past me.

... inside were THRITY led micro flashlights. You Madman. I love it. My daughter has already claimed 6 and absconded with them.

The license plate. The Alaskan beer advertisements. The stickers. The canned salmon and kelp from your friends small business. It's amazing.
It looks like the only casualty is the Pilot Bread. I'll order some fresh stock to try the goodies from Barnacle Seafood - ironically
I've been wanting to try Kelp pickles this last year and I had no idea I had a stock of them.

Thank you, Advent Horizon. Both for your absolutely stunning dedication to putting a smile on another internet rando's face, but for your patience. If your mailing address is still the same as listed, I'd like to send you and your wife honey from our farm. Although I might put it in a plastic container for this trip.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 24, 2023