Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Here's to hoping I can get stuff in time to send it. Also you probably shouldn't pick me for anyone who dislikes fish snacks.

My vehicles, oldest to newest: 1976 Yamaha DT250 Enduro, 1976 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40, 1986 18' Hewescraft River Runner, 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62, another 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62, 1993 Mazda B2600i, 2011 Bobcat S100, 2013 Nissan Leaf. My wife clearly puts up with a lot.
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Motivation. Aside from that, I love gadgets I've never heard of that do something really handy.
Something small I would really like: Sticker Slut, NES games.
Hobbies: Procrastinating, buying stuff for shitboxes
Shirt size: M/L depending on fit.
Food Allergies: Surprise me!
Junk/No Junk: Junk me real good.
A local merchant option: Not really many local merchants here I can suggest.
Dicks/No Dicks: A plethora of penii please.

What I really need is more last minutes. If it weren't for the last minute I'd never get anything done..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

Mustache Ride posted:

Package sent on the last day! I didn't forget!

I’ll vouch for you.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I guessed right! :v:

We’re headed out of town Saturday morning so hopefully it gets here by Friday.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

USPS dropped off my package at 10:50pm. They are working late this year.

I opened it, it’s awesome, I’ll post details tomorrow. Time for bed.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

We once had dinner with an elderly couple, two nuns, and a priest. An oosik was passed around without explanation (I knew what it was) and then there was a recital of ‘Ode to an Oosik’ while the clergy turned bright red.

quote:

ODE TO AN OOSIK

Strange things have been done in the Midnight Sun
and the story books are full,
But the strangest tale concerns the male
magnificent walrus bull!

I know it's rude, quite common and crude,
perhaps it is grossly unkind;
But with first glance at least, this bewhiskered beast,
is as ugly in front as behind.

Look once again, take a second look - then
you'll see he's not ugly or vile -
There's a hint of a grin, in that blubbery chin -
and the eyes have a sly secret smile.

How can this be, this clandestine glee
that exudes from the walrus like music?
He knows, there inside, beneath blubber and hide
lies a splendid contrivance - the Oosik!

"Oosik" you say - and quite well you may,
I'll explain if you keep it between us,
in the simplest truth, though rather uncouth,
Oosik is, in fact, his penis!

Now the size alone of this walrus bone,
would indeed arouse envious thinking -
it is also a fact, documented and backed,
There is never a softening or shrinking!

This, then, is why the smile is so sly,
the walrus is rightfully proud.
Though the climate is frigid, the walrus is rigid,
Pray, why, is not man so endowed?

Added to this, is a smile you might miss -
Though the bull is entitled to bow -
The one to out-smile our bull by a mile
is the satisfied walrus cow!

The raccoon only wishes.

This is an Oosik turned into a gavel for our former Congressman, Don Young:

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

Last Friday I dropped off a package at the post office. Half an hour later I got a USPS notification that a package had been shipped from the exact same zip code to me - we had a race! Mustache Ride won, but only because my postman was still working at eleven pm.

I opened the package and was greeted by a very important page from my Bobcat’s manual:

Lube all the things!

On the other side was a letter:

I still haven’t figured out which part of this is supposedly the lovely part, it all seems pretty awesome:

I think I know what that puzzle is, and I am actually kind of tempted to bring it to my parents’ house for Christmas. My dad’s old softball team was the Oosiks. There’s also a really nice pair of Knipex nippers, a ‘universal nutcracker’ with some balls that absolutely will not fit, a ton of awesome stickers, some eclipse viewing glasses (you probably got to see more of it than I did!), a license plate (glad I could send you one to replace this in your collection!), some great looking snacks, and lastly a 10mm.

About that 10mm - at this point it’s a running gag that I have more 10mm sockets than I know what to do with. 80s Japan loved odd-numbered sockets so almost everything uses 11mm :v:

Edit: HOW COULD I FORGET THIS AWESOME SHIRT?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

the spyder posted:

Thank you, Advent Horizon. Both for your absolutely stunning dedication to putting a smile on another internet rando's face, but for your patience. If your mailing address is still the same as listed, I'd like to send you and your wife honey from our farm. Although I might put it in a plastic container for this trip.

Yep, same address.

I need to confess that another couple stickers finally arrived in January and have been sitting by my door waiting to mail all year.

I was wondering what I did with that license plate :v: Glad it has a good home.