Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

With just some glitter and a wink, your data will be turned into a 40GB looping .gif of penguins fucking.

I'm in AI-tangential spaces more than I post on the forums proper, but AI:SS sounds like too much fun to pass up. Let's do it.

The Linux Fairy
My vehicles: '18 Golf R (mk7.5); two cyclocross bikes (a '19 cracknfail caadx converted to singlespeed, and Firefly FF-1249)
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: use -- Bambu X1 Carbon; wish for -- a magnetic mat for catching screws before they escape into orbit
Something small I would really like: amusing stickers that I can heckle friends with; weird filament
Hobbies: riding and breaking bicycles, electronics
Shirt size: medium
Food Allergies: do your worst
Junk/No Junk: the future is now, junk is the way and the light
Comments: I like Jack B Nimble's idea of taking something you have used and loved and are hoping to have an excuse to upgrade.
A local merchant option: I'm ok with receiving something late if it comes down to that, nothing local comes to mind
Dicks/No Dicks: yes, but inside packaging

The Linux Fairy fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

With just some glitter and a wink, your data will be turned into a 40GB looping .gif of penguins fucking.

A package arrived at my front door while I was away for work, but a friend took it inside for me. It has a town that I vaguely recognize as being a goon's, but I forget which goon! I'll open it soon. (But I'm waiting to open it until I get my poo poo together to pack up my package for my santee, as a reward for my brain.)

Dear santee: your package will be in the mail soon!

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

Don't sleep on Kranz's memoir. It's good stuff.

Santa, I promise I will open and photograph your box soon. I have been slammed with work stuff.

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

Well, here I am -- I feel like an enormous putz for not opening this and documenting it sooner, but it is amazing!

Uwu, what's this?

A package! From a goon! Blaine, WA. I think I know a goon from there, but I forget their username. Who could it be?

A birthday card -- for me!

Oh, it's from blindjoe! Wait, that's not Blaine, WA at all. How did that happen? Let's dig in. I am very excited for my beaver to be sharpened and POWERFISTed.

Oh, I have just the phone for that. Let's dig it out of a box!

Perfect. The plug doesn't seem to fit, though. I wonder why? Maybe Samsung had two incompatible nearly identical plugs?

Oh, I guess that explains it. I guess that makes sense.

Cars!

Gum?

No, cars! The moroso motorsports one is especially funny because my colo box in Sacramento is named `moroso`. But it's named after the furniture company.

I cannot describe how difficult this was to take a photo of.

An extremely multi-tool. Good for driving 7 different type of screws at the same time, while shining a flashlight in your face the other direction.

A mag tray! You can never have enough of these, and the collapsible nature of it is super cool.

A Wera PZ1 driver. Wera's poo poo is awesome. I have a few of their other drivers in different sizes, and a bunch of their hex stuff, but this is one I didn't have that meaningfully fills a gap in my collection. You know someone has good taste when they get Wera poo poo.

Ok I've never actually had a pair of vise grips, let alone nice-rear end ones like this. I will take care of these. These will be a good addition to my tool chest. Like these feel like the star of the show of this box to me. Dang dude, grandpa's vise grips, I will use the hell out of them.

A deer! He fell off his base on the way, but some hot melt will take care of that.

Aw, I was hoping this would actually sharpen my beaver.

You know, for making it extra delightful to gently caress my friends.

Like this guy, preparing to mount for the mating ritual.

An MP3 player. I wonder if it has anything on it?

What's that IT said? Can anyone remind me? What are you supposed to do with unsolicited USB sticks that arrive in the mail from strangers on the internet? Put them in your computer, right?

It has MP3s on it. I shall not spoil blindjoe's taste to the rest of the internet.

Some wood?

Ah, a musical outhouse!

I have to confess, I'm a sparky, not a mechanical engineer. I haven't actually figured out how to put it together yet.

A lovely haul! I shall do my best to keep my beaver sharp. Thanks, blindjoe!!

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

KillHour posted:

Good lord, these are sharp. They also claim they'll help with my heartburn!

They are extremely sharp. I have skewered my fingers with EROP7SAs more times than I care to admit. But if you're picking up 0201s and placing them by hand, or picking glue residue off stuff, or doing a little bit of levering on a PCB, or nearly any task that doesn't require raw brute force, I think you will find them useful. My job in life is to preach the gospel of the EROP7SA. Accept no substitutes.

Happy prying!