Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which championship abdication will occur next?
Jiri Prochazka relinquishes his title to fight for the daimyo
Alex Pereira vacates his belt after realizing he's never felt joy in his life
Sergei Pavlovich gives up his championship for a professional boxing career
Tom Aspinall stops being champion when both his legs spontaneously combust
View Results

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jiri was doing so well until he remembered who he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
That’s too early

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Oh shut the gently caress up about that being early, he was clobbering him and landed in full mount

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Goddamn. Well done to pereira but that seemed like a fast stoppage to me.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I don’t like that end, yeah

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Fentry posted:

Oh shut the gently caress up about that being early, he was clobbering him and landed in full mount

Prob might not have lasted much longer but that wasn't really a full mount

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Yea that fight is getting run back immediately because of that stoppage

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

seemed like a weird stoppage

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Too early but those elbows were doing work

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think Goddard must have thought he was out out when he went to his back.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

BlindSite posted:

Goddamn. Well done to pereira but that seemed like a fast stoppage to me.

You have to give him time to see whether he’s going to intelligently defend himself. Looked like the ref just assumed he was out.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
yea I get the stoppage cos it kinda looked like he slumped back, but he was still all there imo. Rad fight though, would love to see them fight again

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It's not the clearest stoppage ever but Jiri also collapsed backward and his hands went limp, so I'm not mad at the ref.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm fine with the stoppage.

Alex is a scary person

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I can also sort of see Pereira laying off the full mount when Goddard came in.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Not the worst stoppage but also kind of wish Goddard would have let that situation play out a little longer.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

IDK guy was dropped, got in on the legs, was dropped from that position onto his back, and ref moved in immediately. Seems fine and like it would stop unnecessary additional damage the vast majority of the time, Jiri is just a freak who got up fine after it so it's unsatisfying.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

He said he's a samurai and would die in the cage. Let him.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Alex still looks big as hell at LHW. How did he ever make MW

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
alex was winning anyway and these big boys hit hard so i'd rather they err on the side of the fighter health. it was possible that jiri would be able to pull something out of his arse, but oh well.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Did Alex say he's calling out out someone in 2027

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
lol did he just call out izzy ?

e]Jiri is such a good dude

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Much hespect to Prochazka.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

shortest lived controversy

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
jiri was orientated and conscious but letting that continue would be a war crime. i did not see success in jiri's immediate future if the ref let someone like alex pereira do that to another human for even a second longer.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Unperson_47 posted:

Alex still looks big as hell at LHW. How did he ever make MW

alex pereira could knock out francis ngannou

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

apophenium posted:

Boo the weird guy didn't win :(

congratulations for your first goon watch card being one of the best things i've seen in the decades i've been watching this sport

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pereira vs jones

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Pereira vs jones

please. i will pay.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I do not want Pereira anywhere near Jones. He got taken down by Jiří Procházka. Please do not ruin any more of my dreams because Jon Jones knows how to wrestle.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CarlCX posted:

I do not want Pereira anywhere near Jones. He got taken down by Jiří Procházka. Please do not ruin any more of my dreams because Jon Jones knows how to wrestle.

he also has these really, really long, juicy legs. huge distance between ankle and knee. so much target.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
for those of you who have seen more of pereira besides just this and the izzy fight, would you say a lot of his KO power comes from throwing that left hook at weird angle that doesn't get noticed? kinda like the left hook that izzy KOed bobby knuckles with

Marching Powder posted:

he also has these really, really long, juicy legs. huge distance between ankle and knee. so much target.

"juicy" is right but it would be amazing to see jones spider legs destroyed like suga sean 'o'malley

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CarlCX posted:

but what if he didnt

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that left hook really just did explode jiri off his feet. the brain to body signal was absolutely hard reset.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

that left hook really just did explode jiri off his feet. the brain to body signal was absolutely hard reset.

He always seems to finish with that left when getting bum rushed, it’s weird because he looks really square and upright, but still slinging accurate shots from the waist

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Great card, fun fights! Trump and the MAGA avengers being introduced and the American fighters immediately losing by murderdeath was hilarious, as was Buffer prononucing Benoit as BEN-O-JTT.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i had it 30-27 for ricci..

Congratulations on your upcoming career as a licensed MMA judge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

crepeface posted:

for those of you who have seen more of pereira besides just this and the izzy fight, would you say a lot of his KO power comes from throwing that left hook at weird angle that doesn't get noticed?

I don’t think so. It’s like his kicks in that he can get a lot of structural rigidity behind the strike through the moment of impact. His timing is good, so sometimes the hook sneaks in unexpectedly, but the angle is pretty conventional.