Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Questions:
1. Do the RGB lights stay on?
2. Do they flicker AT ALL, even when it's working fine? No chance of loose or spotty cable right?
3. When you use a different mouse, does the disconnect happen, on average, the same timeframe as with the steelseries? <==THIS IS IMPORTANT.
4. Do you have any usb poo poo plugged into ports on your monitor?

Regardless, here's what I would do:

Keep device manager open. Expand all the plusses and turn on "Show hidden devices". Take screenshots of what's there. Keep the screenshots open so you can see them. Using the steel series mouse, wait for it to happen again. Next time it happens, alt tab to the screenshots and compare device manager listings one by one, see what's missing, if anything. If there's something missing, do Alt-A in Device Manager (opens the action menu) and select Scan for Hardware Changes. Try your mouse.

If it doesn't work, try another mouse immediately without unplugging the steelseries. Try a different color USB port. Try Scan for Hardware Changes with the other mouse. Unplug literally everything except the power and plug in the monitor, keyboard, and mouse again. Try a USB to USB-C adapter.

down1nit fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
OK well do those steps when you feel like troubleshooting. Please do let me know if you need hand holding, I have a tech support line.

Owner/Lead Tech of Sagebrush Repair in Pinole, CA.