Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
gently caress the Browns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Go the browns!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Flacco winning a SB with the browns is funny in an abstract way, but have ya’ll actually watched Browns games this year? Overall they’re not entertaining at all, it’s just brutal defensive games every week where the Browns hope they get a few calls on 1-2 drives a game to get them some points.

So they’re a morally bankrupt franchise and their brand of football sucks to watch. Yea no, I’m not cheering for them.

Sean Peyton somehow making the playoffs though after the start they had? Yea that’s loving hilarious and would involve more insane finishes like they’ve had the last two weeks.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Kirios posted:

Nah there's no comparison - Hackenberg was an awful pick but we're talking the second overall selection who has tanked a team who has great potential outside of him for three straight years now.

The Jets would be an easy playoff team with a replacement level QB (Think someone like Taylor Heineke) and a Super Bowl contender with someone like Kirk Cousins.

That's all time level bust.

I wonder how Fields would’ve been if the Jets had logically taken him instead. He’s had moments of looking absolutely brilliant in Chicago despite having mostly nothing around him offensively and playing for a team eternally chained to ‘85 Bears mentality.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah, obviously. Practice squaders, IR guys, everybody gets a ring.

yup, also the training staff, the office guys, janitorial staff, iirc. literally everyone that worked for that team gets a ring. ravens gave cam cameron a ring after firing him

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If you do not like watching the Browns defense play, you do not like Football. Myles Garrett is currently the best player in the NFL and he has a tremendous supporting cast. Almost every other down has an amazing play worth celebrating.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Borsche69 posted:

yup, also the training staff, the office guys, janitorial staff, iirc. literally everyone that worked for that team gets a ring. ravens gave cam cameron a ring after firing him

they all get b and c tier rings though, look much more like class rings than the big ones you see the players get

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

indigi posted:

they all get b and c tier rings though, look much more like class rings than the big ones you see the players get

Isn’t it up to the owner? Jimmy is getting all these guys guaranteed rings babyeee! Unless they are the truck or bus drivers

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Weebly posted:

Go the browns!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Weebly posted:

Isn’t it up to the owner? Jimmy is getting all these guys guaranteed rings babyeee! Unless they are the truck or bus drivers

In the end, yeah. The NFL contributes to part of the cost for up to 150 rings, but exactly how that gets distributed and who gets the full on “A” rings vs cheaper “B” or “C” rings is up to the team/owner, and the owner can always do more if they wanted. Like, I remember Jim Irsay gave a ring to Edgerrin James even though he’d left the team the year prior due to his contributions before that and how close he still was with everyone.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Harbs says Andrews isn't as bad as initially feared and there's an outside chance he could come back this year. Get him some of those Aaron Rodgers cactii.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

Harbs says Andrews isn't as bad as initially feared and there's an outside chance he could come back this year. Get him some of those Aaron Rodgers cactii.

that was the hope I had when they didn't make an immediately announcement on Friday. But my guess would be something like the divisional round at the earliest, and that's best case scenario.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/bobbybaltimoree/status/1726698214861009178?t=hqYHPKPydy40lt08pDoyXA&s=19

Roquan Smith is an underrated poo poo talker. Not a wordsmith by any means, but he's so consistently mean to his opponents. You can really tell he plays with a lot of hate in his heart.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP3vlRLfe70

William Clay Ford Sr. was an even bigger dumbshit moron than I previously imagined.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
There's a reason they shuffled him over to manage the football team.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Good. gently caress that guy.

https://x.com/tompelissero/status/1726740296774348912?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Zach Wilson era is over?!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Scarabrae posted:

Zach Wilson era is over?!

Did it ever really begin

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

hide your moms new yorkers, he's gonna go on a rampage

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lmao x is nothing but ad bots that have to have community notes to explain that they are scams.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

the jets haven't had a season with just 1 starting quarterback since 2015, when gimli son of gloin started 16 games:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This will be their fifth year in that timespan, and third year in a row, with at least 3 starters (Rodgers, Zach, Boyle)

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

I don't get the demotion from 1st to 3rd thing (2nd time it's happened to ZWilson IIRC). It seems like sticking it to the player.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's kind of miserable in KC this will be interesting

There are two Eagles fans in my hotel decked out head to toe and they are just now leaving for the stadium and lmao good luck yall

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

kiimo posted:

But how's the weather?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

J33uk posted:

But how's the weather?

:iceburn:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Gorson posted:

I don't get the demotion from 1st to 3rd thing (2nd time it's happened to ZWilson IIRC). It seems like sticking it to the player.

I was gonna say I can kinda understand it if your second string is also a semi unknown, but I think the backup behind Tim Boyle is now Trevor Siemian, so, whatever

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

There are two Eagles fans in my hotel decked out head to toe and they are just now leaving for the stadium and lmao good luck yall

Ahahaha enjoy the third quarter.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gorson posted:

Zach's been the worst starter in the league 2 years in a row and this is the second straight year that anyone even mildly better than him is, by itself, probably enough for a playoff appearance (which they haven't had in over a decade, and literally every other team has appeared more recently)

If for whatever reason you are still dead-set on employing and paying this man, there's no way you can conceivably say you still have or desire to have anything more left to see out of him. Boyle and Siemian aren't starters either but gently caress it, the year's already over, it truly doesn't matter. Play anybody else. Sign someone off the streets tonight and bench them too for that rando. But there's nothing to gain from still playing him. And this obviously proves there was something to that report last year that the roster (most of which is still intact) was fed up with him then

The experiment failed. You can be one of those teams that holds on to the hope too late, or gets rid of it too soon. It is already too late. Move on

If Rodgers has a problem with it, he can move on too. He's already leaking that he's not coming back early for a done team. This team's done if they keep playing Zach, and they arguably are done right now Because they kept, and kept playing, Zach

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Chris James 2 posted:

Zach's been the worst starter in the league 2 years in a row and this is the second straight year that anyone even mildly better than him is, by itself, probably enough for a playoff appearance (which they haven't had in over a decade, and literally every other team has appeared more recently)

If for whatever reason you are still dead-set on employing and paying this man, there's no way you can conceivably say you still have or desire to have anything more left to see out of him. Boyle and Siemian aren't starters either but gently caress it, the year's already over, it truly doesn't matter. Play anybody else. Sign someone off the streets tonight and bench them too for that rando. But there's nothing to gain from still playing him. And this obviously proves there was something to that report last year that the roster (most of which is still intact) was fed up with him then

The experiment failed. You can be one of those teams that holds on to the hope too late, or gets rid of it too soon. It is already too late. Move on

If Rodgers has a problem with it, he can move on too. He's already leaking that he's not coming back early for a done team. This team's done if they keep playing Zach, and they arguably are done right now Because they kept, and kept playing, Zach

Rodgers needed the team to be just good enough to squeak into the playoffs as part of a heroic return, but not so good that fans start calling into question whether rodgers is even needed. From a brand management perspective, backing Zach was the clear play.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
edit wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are