Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:

Views:
The m*********** in this case is Kawalimus on Friday after Bengals/Ravens.

ESPECIALLY if it's a close win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I’d like to reiterate “lol bills, lmao bills”

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Vikings have an interesting one coming up which I did not expect at the start of the year. Not that I think the Broncos are GOOD yet, but you don't hold Kansas City to 9 and do... whatever the gently caress that was, without some part of the team working. The defense appears to be that part, and the Vikings haven't played a really good defense since the Niners game, when they were a very different Vikings squad.

Who will win this Chaos Bowl?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Vikings-Broncos is suddenly a lmfao tastic sunday night game

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Glad I don't have to care about the Bills anymore, cause they ain't making the playoffs now.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Eagerly awaiting the TGS video of this game.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Josh Dobbs will be able to do what Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen weren't able to: have a winning record against the Denver Broncos

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kirios posted:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Kirios posted:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Looks like I'll be missing the Vikings/Broncos game due to the Grey Cup :canada:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Kirios posted:

Eagerly awaiting the TGS video of this game.

Watching Perna be Perna all night while Grossi barely kept the show on the rails was awesome.

Anyways,

AFC playoff race is a clusterfuck, but is the NFC possibly already settled?

NFCE: Philly, Dallas
NFCN: Detroit, Minny
NFCS: ...someone's gotta win it
NFCW: San Fran, Seattle

The 6 named teams all have 6+ wins, and the 6 other teams in their divisions (WAS, NYG, GB, CHI, STL, ARI) all have 6+ losses.

The team in the "on the bubble" #8 slot are the Buccaneers.

I guess there's the possibility the Vikings start to struggle again, but a team beneath them would still need to play well in the second half... I'd have tapped the Commanders as a maybe because of their offense, but selling at the deadline might make that too unlikely.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

kalensc posted:

Watching Perna be Perna all night while Grossi barely kept the show on the rails was awesome.

The constant up and down Perna had in that game is just :allears:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Need a touchdown here.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
If you look at the history of Vikings-Broncos, there are a lot of good games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8o--gh5R98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAelyfRqDGU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i need hte ravens to lose for my birthday present. if they win please make a picture of joe burrow laying face down on the turf crying, that says happy birthday to me. edit: don't forget

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 14, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am still not convinced Lawrence is significantly above average.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I was thinking about how bad the panthers suck and I felt bad knowing that their poor fans have yet to experience the true depths of despair

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pain of Mind posted:

I am still not convinced Lawrence is significantly above average.

Mate when you have a mane like that you absolutely have to admit there’s a stun factor involved somehow

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

My half baked analysis is that the Bills miss having a good slot receiver that could win quickly on short stuff and keep the offense on schedule

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Eurogames broke the Bills. They crushed the phins by 28 then flew to London and were never the same again.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Almost all the games are exciting match-ups this week; good to see.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dallas are going to put up about 45 points on the Panthers and its going to loving suuuuuck.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
Raiders are gonna stunt on the Dolphins, win out the rest of the way and make it to the AFC Championship enroute to hiring Matt Patricia as HC

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

every division matchup this week has the potential to be hilarious. the Jets sweeping the Bills would earn my prestigious LOL of the Year award

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AndrewP posted:

My half baked analysis is that the Bills miss having a good slot receiver that could win quickly on short stuff and keep the offense on schedule
Guys like Josh, Jameis, Rex. They don’t do the short game.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not trying to say those guys were key but josh allen did have his best year and the team did too when they had cole fucker beasley and isaiah mckenzie

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Cavauro posted:

i need hte ravens to lose for my birthday present. if they win please make a picture of joe burrow laying face down on the turf crying, that says happy birthday to me. edit: don't forget

You're in luck because we are about to have a 2nd half of the season collapse that will be the end of John Harbaugh. Mark my words: if the Raven miss the playoffs, Harbaugh will be fired.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

So thinking about it, the frontrunner for league MVP has to be CJ Stroud doesn't it? If they win the division which looks very likely and he continues to play well I don't see how you can give it to anyone else.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I still think Tua, Mahomes, Lamar, Hurts are ahead of him, and if there's Mahomes fatigue, McCaffrey or Tyreek might get a look in.

He'll get on a few ballots for sure though

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i can't point to any evidence but i don't think more than a couple of voters would be open to voting for a rookie unless they were head and shoulders the best candidate. if the texans rip off like a 6-2 record here going forward then it will be interesting. you know who the last rookie to receive an mvp vote was? it's fucken weird as hell. chris johnson. and no he didn't have that 2,000 yard season that year. he was 8th in rushing yards. he didn't even have 10 rushing tds or win rookie of the year. same year that chad pennington got second place. everyone was a stupid rear end hole that year

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

BlindSite posted:

Dallas are going to put up about 45 points on the Panthers and its going to loving suuuuuck.

Inshallah.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

tarbrush posted:

I still think Tua, Mahomes, Lamar, Hurts are ahead of him, and if there's Mahomes fatigue, McCaffrey or Tyreek might get a look in.

He'll get on a few ballots for sure though

The only other two I think I would consider right now would be Mahomes and Burrow. Lamar definitely not MVP. Hes had awesome moments but responsible for way too many turnovers and his 4th quarter play has been atrocious. In OT in the Colts game he was set up at like midfield 2 or 3 times and couldnt even get into FG range. Not saying hes a fraud or what have you just not MVP this yr. He needs to cut down on the turnovers and learn to sometimes throw it away esp when right in fg range as tucker cannot hit 55+ anymore.

The other guys are definitely great and I did think of Hill as a real non qb possibility but to me you have to consider what these teams are without them and for me Stroud is the clear top guy in that regard. What is his surrounding cast?? Last year they were bottom of the barrel this year they are right in the mix because of really just him. Even Mahomes has Kelce and a better defense than theyve had.

So yes even though he is a rookie QB I cant give it to anyone else

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

epic bacon posted:

every division matchup this week has the potential to be hilarious. the Jets sweeping the Bills would earn my prestigious LOL of the Year award

the bills are absolutely begging the jets to pass them in the standings, yes

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
They'll never give it to a rookie and Stroud's already had a couple not great games (we should have been able to put up enough points against both Atlanta and Carolina that they wouldn't even be in position to do a 2 minute drill) but as long as he doesn't collapse and we are over .500 he'll get votes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My only MVP thoughts are, extremely begrudgingly, I must admit for his efforts last night to try keeping Buffalo out of playoffs, if it ultimately succeeds, Russ deserves to have the streak broken and finally get A Single MVP Vote

Just one. Enough to be tied with Geno and Fields all-time

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

Alternatively, it's one of those bad Dak games where he just makes every wrong decision and keeps the Panthers in it for three quarters.

THEN they score 45 points on us

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

solarjetman posted:

If you look at the history of Vikings-Broncos, there are a lot of good games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8o--gh5R98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAelyfRqDGU

Last time they played was great too:

https://youtu.be/qz4C_i13mxg?si=YO5v9ugWiCCZRnpW

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/MattParrino/status/1724287567774797987
So answering reporters' questions is now :gay:?

:birdthunk:/

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It means respectfully no cap but I'm not bussin to talk right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

sweet thursday posted:

It means respectfully no cap but I'm not bussin to talk right now

thank you