Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Bijan isn’t a Jeigan or Oifey you nerds he’s a growth unit

E: the worst page snipe of all time :negative:

How many passing yards does DeVito get today?

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

Bijan isn’t a Jeigan or Oifey you nerds he’s a growth unit

E: the worst page snipe of all time :negative:

The real Jagen this year is Lamar and I'd contend Gus Edwards is the unit Harbaugh is trying to grind levels on

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Forrest on Fire posted:

The real Jagen this year is Lamar and I'd contend Gus Edwards is the unit Harbaugh is trying to grind levels on

The real reason the Ravens struggle each year is Harbaugh is playing on Classic mode :v:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Bellmaker posted:

The real reason the Ravens struggle each year is Harbaugh is playing on Classic mode :v:
But why doesn’t he simply reset the mission any time someone dies? What kind of monster lets his party members die!?

….I’m convinced: John Harbaugh must go for playing theoretical Fire Emblem wrong.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kurgarra Queen posted:

But why doesn’t he simply reset the mission any time someone dies? What kind of monster lets his party members die!?

….I’m convinced: John Harbaugh must go for playing theoretical Fire Emblem wrong.

John only does iron man runs as he's most honorable

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Metapod posted:

John only does iron man runs as he's most honorable

While everyone else is playing Fire Emblem, Harbaugh is playing Darkest Dungeon.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the nation gets to watch Steelers @ Browns, the battle between two AFC contenders and also possibly the most unwatchable game of the day

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/SteveReedAP/status/1726279005396213943?t=0x3APE89xDUQUVJ5lWNvlA&s=19

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

how do pumpkin spice lattes have tickets :thunk:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Wow, shocker

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

AndrewP posted:

the nation gets to watch Steelers @ Browns, the battle between two AFC contenders and also possibly the most unwatchable game of the day

:yeshaha:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Even more than usual I hope the cowboys lose lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

narrator: The Cowboys, did not lose

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
White juked Hufanga so hard he tore his ACL.

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1726373164983242853?t=2D23pvhpSc1oeXHqp9r3pw&s=19

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1726415395517849902

Jesus Joe, how about just stay home with your family

like what could possibly compel you to move to Cleveland at 38 to be on the Browns practice squad for the vet minimum

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Flacco has contracted the swiss cheese brain I see

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Flacco is probably better than other options for the Browns. He might literally save their season if he can just be a game manager.

No idea why this makes sense for Flacco though. Does he think it's a decent shot at a ring? Is he just not ready to be done with football? Is he bored?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Practice squad to get him back up to game speed without wasting a roster spot. Not a bad plan.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He’s probably bored and got some incentives to be above vet min if he ever has to touch the ball

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

wilderthanmild posted:

No idea why this makes sense for Flacco though. Does he think it's a decent shot at a ring? Is he just not ready to be done with football? Is he bored?

I guess he really just enjoys being on a team. And knows it's probably over over otherwise.

And also knows he has a great shot at eventually starting games for this team considering DTR ended today's game with a cool 54.9 quarterback rating.

okay I guess I've talked myself into this for him after all

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He's been doing this backup game for years now on much worse teams. Trying for a ring as the Browns' Trent Dilfer makes at least as much sense as backing up Mike White on a dog poo poo Jets team.

Seriously though, Joe badly needs to retire. Go see your kids man.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

AndrewP posted:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1726415395517849902

Jesus Joe, how about just stay home with your family

like what could possibly compel you to move to Cleveland at 38 to be on the Browns practice squad for the vet minimum

Harbaugh is scared of the browns and sent joe flacco in as a deepcover agent

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
He will almost certainly start at some point. I doubt he starts against the Broncos next weekend, but he will probably start after that unless DTR really surprises us with that game.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

why would a player be drawn to take one more shot with a 7-3 team fielding a monster defense, I just can't figure it out

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

this game is butt

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The337th posted:

why would a player be drawn to take one more shot with a 7-3 team fielding a monster defense, I just can't figure it out
A team that also has a decent OL and run game. Truly mystifying.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If only they had some guy at QB who could reliably keep them in the game, you know just sort of managing the offense but not really being the key individual contributor.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bellmaker posted:

246, which is enough XP for two levels, potentially three.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Barudak posted:

If only they had some guy at QB who could reliably keep them in the game, you know just sort of managing the offense but not really being the key individual contributor.

No idea where they're going to find someone who's elite at this point in the season, though.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Joe ""Elite" Browns Quarterback" Flacco

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Surprisingly likely option

Get the jersey

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

The337th posted:

It's this, plus the vet minimum contract is more enough to renovate a kitchen, sooo

get while the gettings good

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Now both Ravens Superbowl QBs will have played for the Browns also.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

fsif posted:

Flacco's kind of got a juiced up Nathan Fielder presence.

Lol

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

SKULL.GIF posted:

246, which is enough XP for two levels, potentially three.

At what level does he unlock player housing?

wilderthanmild posted:

Joe ""Elite" Browns Quarterback" Flacco

Add him to the Browns QB list jersey

Nervous fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Nov 20, 2023

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I can't get behind the Browns, but it would be really funny if their first SB appearance/win was with Joe Flacco starting.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
You don't get to be a NFL quarterback without being a competitive psycho, these guys have to physically stopped from getting on the field for the most part.

Its funny when you get people like JT O'Sullivan talking about coaching after playing to scratch that competitive itch but give it up because coaching is unbelievably miserable lol

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Curious how the Ravens fans are jealous of the Browns new Elite practice squad qb

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
loving lol that flacco cames to the browns after looking at the jets again and going nope I like having knee caps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

MikeCrotch posted:

Its funny when you get people like JT O'Sullivan talking about coaching after playing to scratch that competitive itch but give it up because coaching is unbelievably miserable lol

most non-stars have to start near the bottom as like an assistant position coach which I'm sure makes it worse. even for a backup QB there's gonna be some culture shock going from that to the guy who gets coffee for his 29 year old boss who hasn't worn shoulder pads in 12 years (if ever)