Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Get fuckin dabbed on lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

A team that also has a decent OL and run game. Truly mystifying.

Don't forget a good WR corps with a stud #1.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Kawalimus posted:

I can't get behind the Browns, but it would be really funny if their first SB appearance/win was with Joe Flacco starting.

The silver lining would be Flacco ending up with more rings than Rodgers

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mr. Nice! posted:

Don't forget a good WR corps with a stud #1.

Amari Cooper is a good WR. The rest of the Browns corp is not. This makes it even more annoying when Cooper gets open over the middle every other play

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

kalensc posted:

The silver lining would be Flacco ending up with more rings than Rodgers

Okay, now I'm cheering for the Browns.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Honestly when I originally read the news I wasn’t even thinking about the practice squad roster manipulation thing. He’s definitely going to start and it of course makes sense for him to do it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Okay, now I'm cheering for the Browns.

But Watson and Haslam would also get rings, which is bad.

On the other other hand, Miles Garrett would get one.

In short, the Cleveland Browns are a land of contrasts.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

fartknocker posted:

But Watson and Haslam would also get rings, which is bad.

On the other other hand, Miles Garrett would get one.

In short, the Cleveland Browns are a land of contrasts.

Serial rape/sexual assault overrides Garrett being cool as gently caress

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Get fuckin dabbed on lol

He's gonna lose, there are disclaimers for accuracy on the reports and arbitration agreements and class waiver for the website.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Scipiotik posted:

He's gonna lose, there are disclaimers for accuracy on the reports and arbitration agreements and class waiver for the website.

I know lol it’s going to rule

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it'd be better if you couldn't waive your class rights with a checkbox on a gambling app so I hope he pulls off an upset and even if he ultimately loses that he gets that practice struck down

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Amari Cooper is a good WR. The rest of the Browns corp is not. This makes it even more annoying when Cooper gets open over the middle every other play

Flacco would feed Coop is the point.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tim Boyle who's just trying to hang out and collect a paycheck as Aaron Rodgers friend: what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1726660389705044372?s=19

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
New:

https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-qb-c-j-stroud-after-three-int-day-steph-curry-don-t-ever-stop-shooting-i-

quote:

Houston Texans quarterback C.J. Stroud threw a career-high three interceptions in Sunday's 21-16 win over Arizona, but that won't slow the dynamic rookie. In athlete parlance, shooters shoot.

"Man, Steph Curry don't ever stop shooting," Stroud said after the game, via the team's official website. "I'm going to keep letting it ride. And I've got no shame in my game. I've definitely got to be smarter. No confidence is taken away from me. I'm going to keep letting it fly."

Views:

CJ Stroud ownsssss. Nice to have a new funslinger in the league.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

indigi posted:

it'd be better if you couldn't waive your class rights with a checkbox on a gambling app so I hope he pulls off an upset and even if he ultimately loses that he gets that practice struck down

Counterpoint: gently caress Barstool forever and always.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Even with a 3 int day, you can't call Stroud a gunslinger. He has been surgical all year, including the 1st half of last week. More Peyton Manning than Brett Farve.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i want him to be the first 40/40 qb

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yea Stroud isn't Favre or Cutler he's more like Brees. His anticipation is nutty good for a rookie and it just looks like he's slingin it when it actuality he's just reading the defense great.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Well grats Jets fans, you've witnessed the career of the biggest bust in your franchise's history. And I doubt it ever gets topped.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Kirios posted:

Well grats Jets fans, you've witnessed the career of the biggest bust in your franchise's history. And I doubt it ever gets topped.

This is Hackenberg erasure

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Nah there's no comparison - Hackenberg was an awful pick but we're talking the second overall selection who has tanked a team who has great potential outside of him for three straight years now.

The Jets would be an easy playoff team with a replacement level QB (Think someone like Taylor Heineke) and a Super Bowl contender with someone like Kirk Cousins.

That's all time level bust.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

and yet when Bryce Young turns it over three times in a game, he's criticized.

Curious.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Something tells me we haven't seen the last of Zach Wilson starting for the Jets this season.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh poo poo tonight's a loving banger of a game. Hell yeah.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kirios posted:

Lets not count out the Jets to manage to gently caress something up even worse.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The NFC really needs to get some of the good quarterbacks besides Purdy and Hurts and Goff? and Dobbs?? and Devito??? Typing that gave me a nosebleed.

Nov 6, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

Curious.

I hope this is sarcastic.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Curious.

Lmaooo

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

sharknado slashfic posted:

The NFC really needs to get some of the good quarterbacks besides Purdy and Hurts and Goff? and Dobbs?? and Devito??? Typing that gave me a nosebleed.

Maybe the AFC needs to stop hoarding them all! Herbert, Allen, and Burrow are on cursed franchises, send them over.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

Nah Goff's good let's not have revisionist history. Cousins is also good. Dak's good. Smith is also good.

The problem is outside of Hurts and Purdy they are just "good." It feels like 8 of the top 10 quarterbacks in the NFL are in the AFC then NFC has the next ten kind of thing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Zach was a fools gold draft pick. He's incredibly athletic and has an amazing arm. It was just too tantalizing even though he was a one year wonder.That BYU offense he was in was firing on all cylinders too. They had a complex blocking scheme for huge YAC plays which required fast Oline and willing WR blockers. I don't know how you get something that premium in the NFL to replicate it.

It's just a shame someone can look that good during the draft process and be that terrible in game situations. I'm starting to think you should just automatically judge guys like Drake Maye whom huck it up like a scaredy cat whenever there's pressure in their face.

Nov 6, 2002

Doltos posted:

Zach was a fools gold draft pick. He's incredibly athletic and has an amazing arm. It was just too tantalizing even though he was a one year wonder.That BYU offense he was in was firing on all cylinders too. They had a complex blocking scheme for huge YAC plays which required fast Oline and willing WR blockers. I don't know how you get something that premium in the NFL to replicate it.

It's just a shame someone can look that good during the draft process and be that terrible in game situations. I'm starting to think you should just automatically judge guys like Drake Maye whom huck it up like a scaredy cat whenever there's pressure in their face.

How can you tell from a prospect's college game that they will not be capable of processing the game at a higher level? Smart coaches would never put them in a place to demonstrate that to begin with.

ZW has all the physical traits you'd want in a high end quarterback. He just absolutely does not have it between the ears.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Black Sunshine posted:

Serial rape/sexual assault overrides Garrett being cool as gently caress

Yeah there are some angles where the Browns winning a Super Bowl with loving Flacco would be very funny but they deserve nothing but failure until Watson is off the books

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Docjowles posted:

Yeah there are some angles where the Browns winning a Super Bowl with loving Flacco would be very funny but they deserve nothing but failure until Watson is off the books

I would absolutely cheer for a miracle Joe Flacco comes from nowhere and wins the superbowl with the browns. The watson poo poo will still rear its head in the offseason because they're stuck with that albatross and will have to deal with the consequences then.

But a Joe Flacco out of nowhere to win the superbowl? Hell yes please that would be incredible.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Docjowles posted:

I don't really get this mindset. gently caress Watson, but he's not playing and probably wouldn't be thrilled with riding the pine to a Superbowl. Even if you blame the owners for bringing Watson in, every NFL owner is a bastard. Except for Green Bay, I don't see how you can make a meaningful distinction between them all.

Myles Garrett, Amari Cooper and all the Browns fans aren't to blame for bringing in Watson.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’m sure Watson would be real broken up with his Super Bowl ring and quarter billion dollars

And certainly Not All Browns Fans but there’s plenty of them happy to stan for Watson up to and including showing up with massage tables at their tail gate

Watson is such a remorseless sack of poo poo it kinda overrides all other concerns for me

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I don't really want the Browns to win anything, ever, but even I could get behind Joe Flacco having two rings as a starter for both Browns franchises.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I don't really get this mindset. gently caress Watson, but he's not playing and probably wouldn't be thrilled with riding the pine to a Superbowl. Even if you blame the owners for bringing Watson in, every NFL owner is a bastard. Except for Green Bay, I don't see how you can make a meaningful distinction between them all.

Myles Garrett, Amari Cooper and all the Browns fans aren't to blame for bringing in Watson.

This. I hate this franchise on a fundamental level for what they've been my entire life, let alone the last couple of years (and allllll that's happened therein) but getting a ring with Flacco of all people would be hilarious. gently caress the Browns org, the PEOPLE of Cleveland would probably build a statue complete with that 1000 yard "I have seen beyond The Veil" stare right on E 9th. Also, the statues next to him would be Garrett and Chubb. Nobody here will give a gently caress about Deshaun in 2 years. He won't be remembered or respected. He'll barely be part of the story. And he'd have to live with that forever. To answer Kirk Cousins, lemme just say I like that.

Also good lord what number is Flacco getting because I need a shirt.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If Flacco actually gets called up, doesn't Watson get moved to QB3? Would he still be eligible to get a ring if the Browns win the Super Bowl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yeah, obviously. Practice squaders, IR guys, everybody gets a ring.