Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
A fourteen-year-old Labrador retriever.

She was still being curious and energetic when the vet tranquilized her and i had to say goodbye.

You can make fun of me now, gbs, its ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
:(

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

aww I'm really sorry

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Thanks for this depressing thread I sure needed it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ik edit: saalkin pm'd me to add "sorry if my last post was mean, sorry for your loss"

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 16, 2023

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
When my dog dies I probably won't post thread about it, just cry or whatever on my own

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Konar posted:

When my dog dies I probably won't post thread about it, just cry or whatever on my own

yeah i tried this, but failed
sorry

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Saalkin posted:

Thanks for this depressing thread I sure needed it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

anytime bro

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
She looks like she was a very good girl. I’m sorry for your loss :(

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Konar posted:

sorry about your future loss op

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

sorry for your loss :(

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

She looks like she was a very good girl. I’m sorry for your loss :(

she was sort of manipulative, that she would start barking at you when you would talk on your phone, so that you would have to throw her some treat to make her stop bothering you

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You can borrow my dogs op

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

sorry to hear that, op

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Smugworth posted:

You can borrow my dogs op

i appreciate that

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
rip to a good girl

zone
Dec 6, 2016
Rest in peace. :(

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
:(

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Sounds like she was a good woofer. :(

sdasdas
Dec 29, 2012
Sorry OP, I'm sure she had a good life :(

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I'm so sorry to hear, OP. My partner and I had to put Frannie to sleep on Fri and it was really difficult. Plus it was on my birthday. It was so upsetting. I wish you well.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I think the next pet I have that dies I'm just going to have their ashes shot out of a cannon over Aspen Colorado while Tambourine Man plays the way Hunter S Thompson would have wanted

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
OP, this is a hard topic to joke about. Making fun of the troubles and misadventures of other goons works best if it happened only because they did something very, very stupid. The death of a beloved pet is always tragic, and death from old age is both tragic and unavoidable. I think most people reading this have lost someone before, from pets to family members.

You have our goondolences.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

She's in heaven now where she gets all the treats, catches all the cars, and the mailman's shoes fit.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

sorry for your loss OP. 14 is a good long life for a bigger dog, though, and I bet she loved every second she was with you.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Goodbye Boni

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
sorry dude

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Pajser posted:

Goodbye Boni

I'm sorry for your loss op that is a very sweet good dog there :(

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My old girl is pushing 16 and I know it’s only a matter of time. For the most part she’s still going strong but I’ve started to notice little things like not always making the jump up the back steps and the occasional wandering around aimlessly.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Wilkins Micawber posted:

I wish you well.

likewise bro

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

OP, this is a hard topic to joke about. Making fun of the troubles and misadventures of other goons works best if it happened only because they did something very, very stupid. The death of a beloved pet is always tragic, and death from old age is both tragic and unavoidable. I think most people reading this have lost someone before, from pets to family members.

You have our goondolences.

it was always tough to gage her health, since recently she lost a lot of her appetite, but would still almost jump at the chance of licking my plates clean.
Which was great, because sometimes she would cry after failing to move her back legs and needed help.

always curious, had to smell everything

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Wilkins Micawber posted:

I'm so sorry to hear, OP. My partner and I had to put Frannie to sleep on Fri and it was really difficult. Plus it was on my birthday. It was so upsetting. I wish you well.

Sorry for your loss as well :(

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

My old girl is pushing 16 and I know it’s only a matter of time. For the most part she’s still going strong but I’ve started to notice little things like not always making the jump up the back steps and the occasional wandering around aimlessly.

same with my cat, he's 16 and not jumping on anything or exploring outside much anymore. i hope he's got a while left but really it's probably not that long now.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

pets can make you really sad sometimes. sorry again OP

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
my cat died a few days ago. everything is dying at once, very hosed up

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

same with my cat, he's 16 and not jumping on anything or exploring outside much anymore. i hope he's got a while left but really it's probably not that long now.

Our friend’s cat died last year at 23(!), followed by her two other 18 and 19 y/o cats within the next two months. She was an absolute wreck, especially after the oldest which had literally traveled the world with her since she was a teenager.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
i'm sorry for your loss OP, I hope you gave her 14 years of love

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdfeXipkBt4&t=7s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002