Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

Loving the Byron Murphy pick for the seahawks. Mcdonald has been quoted as saying he wants the defense to be "a wall" and I day BUILD THE WALL

You have my brick and mortar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The hype for Williams is insane considering that every single bears quarterback draft pick has failed.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Terry Fontenot is a sleeper agent for the Saints, there's no other explanation.

I don’t fully discredit this theory, honestly. I don’t think it’s true

…..but maybe?

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

R.D. Mangles posted:

The hype for Williams is insane considering that every single bears quarterback draft pick has failed.

The Williams odunze first round haul has to be an all time great at face value. Can't believe odunze fell to 9.

All around tremendous draft. A lot of fun. 14 straight offensive players was nuts. Big penix energy. 6 qbs in the top 12. Amazing. A draft that we will talk about for many years. Which 4 qbs flame out and which 2 ascend to stardom?

I still think bo Nix at 12 is worse than penix at 8. The broncos roster has nothing. Did they think the raiders were gonna take Nix at 13?? Also poor raiders. The Bowers pick looked like "uh poo poo literally everyone on offense we wanted is gone. Bowers I guess"

Also surprised first defensive player off the board was broken neck guy. Like you can pick ANY defensive player and you take broken neck guy?? No worries here. Allowed the hawks mto get Murphy who is gonna be Aaron Donald lite

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

R.D. Mangles posted:

If you throw enough darts one will eventually hit the bullseye.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

He’s a full year younger than Penix, which I have always found amusing.

BoNix (Feb 25, 2000) is two-ish months older than Penix (May 8, 2000)

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

IcePhoenix posted:

holy poo poo there’s someone other than George Harrison with my birthday

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Abugadu posted:

holy poo poo there’s someone other than George Harrison with my birthday

Woah, that's my birthday too.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

R.D. Mangles posted:

he’s got a very good group of wide receivers to work with. i think the bears are going to score lots of points.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The "...yes." at the end of this is so good

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1783811165392384439

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

pocket pool posted:

Woah, that's my birthday too.

I went like 45 years before meeting someone else with my bday, then it was like a random boat captain on a booze cruise.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

IcePhoenix posted:

lol what the hell how did i get that stuck in my mind

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

They coulda had the best coach of all time and chose these clowns instead LOL

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

mcmagic posted:

They coulda had the best coach of all time and chose these clowns instead LOL

It’s incredible

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Sataere posted:

I don't get not liking the Alt pick. You have two stud tackles. If it was JC Latham, that would be nuts, but Chargers got the best tackle in the draft.

True, but they already have a tackle and they really, really need a receiver. The Bengals have been able to generate offense with receivers and a makeshift line for a few years now.

I don't think think Alt is a bad pick. He looks like his floor is top 10 at the position and it's a deep receiver class. I think I would've gone with Nabers though.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It’s incredible

one phone call from Kraft completely derailed the franchise lmao. the domino effect of that phone call also hosed the broncos and probably a few other teams im not thinking about

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cash Monet posted:

True, but they already have a tackle and they really, really need a receiver. The Bengals have been able to generate offense with receivers and a makeshift line for a few years now.

I don't think think Alt is a bad pick. He looks like his floor is top 10 at the position and it's a deep receiver class. I think I would've gone with Nabers though.

I said before, if the plan was to go OT and WR in the first two rounds, it's good they went OT first. The quality of remaining WRs is better than remaining OTs

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Falcons had a bad defense. The Falcons need edge rushers. There were good FA edge rushers this offseason.

Which scenario would YOU, THE READER, prefer?

Option A:
Head Coach Morris
QB1 Cousins
QB2 Penix
<n/a>

Option B:
Head Coach BB (GOAT)
QB1 Penix
DE, Jonathan Greenard
DE, Danielle Hunter

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Falcons had a bad defense. The Falcons need edge rushers. There were good FA edge rushers this offseason.

Which scenario would YOU, THE READER, prefer?

Option A:
Head Coach Morris
QB1 Cousins
QB2 Penix
<n/a>

Option B:
Head Coach BB (GOAT)
QB1 Penix
DE, Jonathan Greenard
DE, Danielle Hunter

For the Falcons, A all the way.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a neat cape posted:

I said before, if the plan was to go OT and WR in the first two rounds, it's good they went OT first. The quality of remaining WRs is better than remaining OTs

I hope they get one of the fast WRs!

4.3 dudes:
AD Mitchell
Ladd McConkey
Roman Wilson

4.41 for Troy Franklin

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

For the Falcons, A all the way.

:hmmyes:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
A couple hot takes for today:

Bills end up with some combo of Adonai Mitchell, Ladd McConkey, and Keon Coleman.

No RB drafted in the second round.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

wandler20 posted:

Bills end up with some combo of Adonai Mitchell, Ladd McConkey, and Keon Coleman.

Why do you want the Bucs to go after, now that they grabbed Barton in the first?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Why do you want the Bucs to go after, now that they grabbed Barton in the first?

From my intel, if I had to pick one name, Ruke Orhorhoro. Other guys: Marshawn Kneeland, Braden Fiske, Mike Sainristril, Keon Coleman or we get wild and trade up for Johnny Newton (who the Bucs would have drafted if Barton wasn't available).

I'm not sure who I want tho. EDGE/G/CB/WR/LB are all needs so I don't think they can go wrong picking someone who will help out.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

TheGreyGhost posted:

I’m still baffled by the hype of “oof, next years QB class will be rough” It’s probably down from this year since there’s not an obvious Caleb/Maye where I see an obvious first rounder a year out, but it’s a full year, and guys like Beck and Ewers, while they would be like QB4 this year, are still better prospects than like Pickett was a couple drafts ago. It’s going to be down but we’ve had worse classes in very recent history.

Agreed. Like you can have some proto-takes on the quality of the class but did anybody on earth have Daniels going second overall this time last year? If one of these guys overperforms next season, suddenly the class looks a lot better.

I’m glad the Pats took Maye, but “next year bad” wasn’t a major factor in my feelings on it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

lol what the hell how did i get that stuck in my mind

Penix is a 6th year senior with a medical redshirt year + covid year and Bo was just 4 years plus the covid thing, so Penix was in college for a full year longer probably threw you? But yeah he's only a little older than Nix, which, uh, well that's still pretty old either way.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Troy Franklin imo

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Docjowles posted:

Agreed. Like you can have some proto-takes on the quality of the class but did anybody on earth have Daniels going second overall this time last year? If one of these guys overperforms next season, suddenly the class looks a lot better.

I’m glad the Pats took Maye, but “next year bad” wasn’t a major factor in my feelings on it

There can be pleasant surprise risers but there can also be unpleasant surprise poopers.

Early in his collegiate career Rattler was on track to be an elite qb prospect and go early in a first. But he was a surprise pooper.

It’s also a lot easier to identify when relatively good qb dudes are coming. People knew Caleb was coming years in advance. Same with Trevor.

And importantly, if you are a team punting on drafting a qb, you want it to be a situation where you know there are likely to be multiple good qbs because it increases the chance that your team will have an opportunity to actually get one of them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grittybeard posted:

Penix is a 6th year senior with a medical redshirt year + covid year and Bo was just 4 years plus the covid thing, so Penix was in college for a full year longer probably threw you? But yeah he's only a little older than Nix, which, uh, well that's still pretty old either way.

Younger than Nix! February is before May!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

Troy Franklin imo

Yeah, I could see that too.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the english prefix "pe" comes from sãotomense pe (“father”), so that's how you can tell penix is "the father of" or came before nix

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

IcePhoenix posted:

Younger than Nix! February is before May!

Oh, duh, now I'm doing it too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

to be clear I'm not doing this as a defense of Penix (even though I liked him as a possible option for the Vikings) I just want to hammer home how bad I think the Bonix pick is because not only is he the worst QB among the group he's also the oldest.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah I think JJ and Penix can actually be decent starters in the NFL if they hit near their maximium percentile outcome.

If Bo Nix hits his maximium I think he is like Gardner Minshew?

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
My prediction is that the Broncos trade a 2025 pick today, one way or another.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dejan Bimble posted:

Do you like Arnold?

Yep, a lot

Play posted:

Couldn't disagree more on this. Dude absolutely dominated the senior bowl, in press one on ones.

No he didn't, at all. People keep saying that but the tape is literally there. He got burnt by everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACvsu1PYlcY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQEp1i9bNeQ

Granted I don't think 1 on 1 match ups are end all be all and they can be pretty unfair to judge someone by, but he didn't dominate the senior bowl like draftniks keep spouting. He lost pretty bad and the only reps he "won" were on bad throws by the practice QB.

Also unless you have access to a way better tape source than I do the only matchups he has on youtube are Buffalo and Ohio State which were both bad games from him. The highlight film sure does look nice though.

Doltos fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 26, 2024

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Dexo posted:

Yeah I think JJ and Penix can actually be decent starters in the NFL if they hit near their maximium percentile outcome.

If Bo Nix hits his maximium I think he is like Gardner Minshew?

That sounds loving amazing for the Broncos

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Name Change posted:

It's pretty simple, the Falcons signed Cousins to a megadeal even though they think he will die on the field before the contract is up. Their planned replacement is an older college QB who is already banged up. It makes no sense on any level and everyone in the Falcons office looks stupid.

I would have understood if the falcons took JJ and needed time to develop him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Name Change posted:

It's pretty simple, the Falcons signed Cousins to a megadeal even though they think he will die on the field before the contract is up. Their planned replacement is an older college QB who is already banged up. It makes no sense on any level and everyone in the Falcons office looks stupid.

He's played two years totally healthy. ACL tears aren't that big a deal anymore, especially for a young person. The only reason age matters is you worry that they've already reached their full potential. But if Penix turns out good his age won't matter at all. If he turns out bad everyone will get fired, so it'll be fun either way.

TheGreyGhost posted:

I’m still baffled by the hype of “oof, next years QB class will be rough” It’s probably down from this year since there’s not an obvious Caleb/Maye where I see an obvious first rounder a year out, but it’s a full year, and guys like Beck and Ewers, while they would be like QB4 this year, are still better prospects than like Pickett was a couple drafts ago. It’s going to be down but we’ve had worse classes in very recent history.

If Ewers is who you are talking about for a potential good qb from next year, yeah I want no part of that

I'm sure someone will pop up late, but yes it is probably gonna be like the Pickett year or slightly better. Rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah I think it was the years in school thing. They’re both old but whatever, I think that’s a little overblown and I’d rather have reps than the mystery box that is JJ McCarthy.