Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Dejan Bimble posted:

Brock Bowers is a good value for the Raiders at 13, playing a very shrug of a guy at QB, that power slot stuff turns dump offs and check downs into first downs, will possibly trick people into thinking Aidan (loving gen z rear end QB name) is something more than a scrappy Irish lad

didnt they sign Gardner Minshew? I assume that's who's starting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Terry Fontenot is a sleeper agent for the Saints, there's no other explanation.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

wandler20 posted:

NFCS hates their QBs.....except the Bucs who very much love and are committed to Baker.

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1783708058809422114?t=pA0Awsj6FuQmDH5O7QspPA&s=19

Imagine the :stare: from all the GMs calling to get the Falcons’ picks and hearing “nah there is nothing you could say that would move us off of Penix”

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Atlanta aside this year's first round was not remotely interesting.
To be fair, drafting 32 year old Bo Nix with a 1st round pick was equally funny

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yeah you're right, I completely missed that. Gardner will inevitably end up hurt though, so just pretend that's already happened and then my post is right.

Maybe Gardner and Brock can make some magic happen together

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Really think the Raiders thought they were getting Penix and just went BPA when Fontenot derped his draft away.
https://twitter.com/marcraimondi/status/1783715783643725921?s=61&t=5XhQ3IY0TKf9sLs_Mzh2Lw

I'm sure Penix loves to hear this lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Harlock posted:

To be fair, drafting 32 year old Bo Nix with a 1st round pick was equally funny

Nix is probably going to play right away and the Broncos have like no one else on the roster. I think Penix is funnier given the Cousins situation.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Dejan Bimble posted:

Brock Bowers is a good value for the Raiders at 13, playing a very shrug of a guy at QB, that power slot stuff turns dump offs and check downs into first downs, will possibly trick people into thinking Aidan (loving gen z rear end QB name) is something more than a scrappy Irish lad

Yeah, that kinda makes sense. I guess I was excited to see him in a west coast scheme that could really get him in wide open space and let him do his thing. And him and Mayer are about as different as they come, despite being the same height.

The issue is that they are horrible on the O line, cornerback, and could use a wide receiver as well.

I think they will compete with each other for the starting role, but that doesn't really change anything about what they need on offense anyways.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

mcmagic posted:

I'm sure Penix loves to hear this lol

I honestly think they mollify him by telling him Cousins is going to miss the opening few games of the season, and he'll get some starting reps.

Cause Cousins tore his achilles on oct 29, probably had surgery a couple days afterwards. That means the season will be like 8 games in by the time he clears a year, which is a normal time to just "be back" from an achilles, with the full recovery taking 1.5-2 years, not full as in status quo ante, but as good as it's going to get.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dejan Bimble posted:

I honestly think they mollify him by telling him Cousins is going to miss the opening few games of the season, and he'll get some starting reps.

Cause Cousins tore his achilles on oct 29, probably had surgery a couple days afterwards. That means the season will be like 8 games in by the time he clears a year, which is a normal time to just "be back" from an achilles, with the full recovery taking 1.5-2 years, not full as in status quo ante, but as good as it's going to get.

And he's in his late 30s so might not heal as fast. He's gonna get Bledsoe'd without playing a snap.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Justin Herbert is going to have two extremely good bookend tackles.

That's nice.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

a neat cape posted:

That's nice.

good for him

good for him

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Imagine the :stare: from all the GMs calling to get the Falcons’ picks and hearing “nah there is nothing you could say that would move us off of Penix”

Maybe one of the GMs who called offended them so much that they were just like "gently caress you, not only am I not trading you the pick, but I'm going to keep it and draft Penix myself just to spite you."

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

wandler20 posted:

And he's in his late 30s so might not heal as fast. He's gonna get Bledsoe'd without playing a snap.

It's crazy, right? The Penix pick at 8 looks like the most extreme and rapid case of buyer's remorse in free agency that I can remember.

Like I hope Cousins bounces back and it's all fine, everything is cool for all time, but this could end in such a brutal fashion.

quote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikings/comments/1925t33/an_achilles_tear_is_almost_always_a_terminal/

This site with citations by numerous peer reviewed sources, tracks NFL recovery of players over the past decade. It is from the fantasy prospective so it doesn't follow non-skill positions. Other studies do, which I read as well. This one just does the best summary. The tl:dr is that only about 30% of full tear/repairs ever return to play in the NFL. Those who do return to play often have an extremely short shelf life. The average injury to return time is about 43 weeks for those who do.

No NFL starting QB ever tore an achilles before Rogers/Cousins. But it's brutal for skill players. I am incredibly dubious either of the two will be anything but a shell of their prior selves. And if they have to throw entirely from their torso up, expect arm/shoulder/back injuries. I think Minnesota dodged an $180 million dollar bullet, or about 45 patriot interceptor missiles worth of dollhairs.

This has to be a "cousins isn't going to come back in prior form ever" panic pick

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 26, 2024

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bonix and Penix

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

That's nice.
Gonna need all day for that new #1 to get open and drop the pass.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Gonna need all day for that new #1 to get open and drop the pass.

Josh Palmer has pretty good hands

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm gonna guess the Bills end up with Keon Coleman. He'd be fun with Josh Allen.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

imagining justin herbert with his ball placement skill throwing to a 6'7' wideout after tomorrow. or someone with the versatility and talent of polk. spoiled

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Woof.

https://twitter.com/austingayle_/status/1783705187422441555?t=Cw2Iap1J2BNrnpicw0elMg&s=19

Play
Apr 25, 2006

wandler20 posted:

I'm gonna guess the Bills end up with Keon Coleman. He'd be fun with Josh Allen.

I'd go Ladd Mcconkey all day. He's still there right? Mitchell too easily over Coleman, no contest although no clue about the character concerns

I'm guessing they like one of those two guys which is why they agreed to the trade. But who knows, maybe you're right.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Doltos posted:

I think Quinyon was far from CB1 and a project boom/bust pick.

I don't think the eagles have ever drafted a project secondary player and it worked out, in my entire life.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm glad that the Lions are making moves to actually have pass defenders next season. It'll be nice to only mostly panic when the pass rush whiffs and not completely panic.

I hope that we'll have a one year window before the new Bears QB gets awesome to sail into another division win and then it's vengeance time in the playoffs.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

I'd go Ladd Mcconkey all day. He's still there right? Mitchell too easily over Coleman, no contest although no clue about the character concerns

I'm guessing they like one of those two guys which is why they agreed to the trade. But who knows, maybe you're right.

Yeah, this is a 100% gut feeling. Plus my son is a Bills fan and I'd get him a Coleman jersey to replace his Diggs one since I'm an FSU homer.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Surprised it isn't Pearsall, when was he expected to go? I feel like I've mostly seen him in late second early third which should put him ahead

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doltos posted:

Do you like Arnold?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Doltos posted:

Couldn't disagree more on this. Dude absolutely dominated the senior bowl, in press one on ones. In my mind that answered most qualms about competition level and not playing close to the line of scrimmage.

He's got the all the size and athleticism that you want for the position, and his tape is pretty dominant. Not sure what else I need

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Docjowles posted:

Telesco going "Why the hell is Atlanta being so stubborn about this dumb rear end smokescreen that nobody on earth could possibly be falling for" and then dropping his phone in shock once he sees the pick come up

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/JasonLieser/status/1783717410568130845

lmao Bears being like "how the gently caress did those idiots let Odunze fall into our lap?"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
He can barely contain his grin the moment the Falcons pick is brought up lol

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1783721100498678002

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

xbilkis posted:

He can barely contain his grin the moment the Falcons pick is brought up lol

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1783721100498678002

lmaooooo, no one understands what the hell the falcons are doing

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ross I appreciate how zen you are being about this outcome for the Chargers

Justin Herbert is going to hand the ball off like 30 times a game to Blake Corum and we are all going to have to learn to like it

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Justin Herbert is going to hand the ball off like 30 times a game to Blake Corum and we are all going to have to learn to like it

I mean the Chargers do have another pick at the top of the 2nd round so they very well might go receiver there or TE in the 3rd. Idk, keeping your elite QB upright and alive seems more important than the last few years where he throws a billion times a game, loses bc of the defense, and then gets injured bc he's taking too many hits

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Docjowles posted:

I'd be putting on joker makeup if it was Latham.

At least with Alt, I know that when we play the Raiders, Maxx Crosby just can't go line up on the RT and turn him into a turn style like he did with Storm Norton. Y'know, provided Alt doesn't bust.

I think we're going to throw the ball more than people think, and I'm happy that Herbert is gonna have two really good tackles.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Docjowles posted:

You can't be upest about drafting o line pretty much ever.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I mean the Chargers do have another pick at the top of the 2nd round so they very well might go receiver there or TE in the 3rd. Idk, keeping your elite QB upright and alive seems more important than the last few years where he throws a billion times a game, loses bc of the defense, and then gets injured bc he's taking too many hits

They already have an all pro LT and a fine RT though. Like pass blocking from the tackles is objectively not the problem with the Chargers' roster

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I for one applaud the Falcons for following their hearts

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

You can when the tackles are good and all of your receivers suck rear end and there are amazing receivers on the board!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Play posted:

I for one applaud the Falcons for following their hearts

Assholes could've traded back to 10 and still wasted their pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

mcmagic posted:

You can when it's a 26 yo guard from canada