Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I hope the Pats can either continue to suck bad enough to get to pick Marvin or he makes it to them if the order holds as is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Kalli posted:

Mac will be gone. I'm personally hoping for MHJ, sign a vet and draft a QB day 2 with the other day 2 pick having to be a tackle. Zappe can compete with Brissett or Gardner or whomever and a rookie

I want Maye or MHJ

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Where would Gronk have gone if he didn't have half a dozen injury red flags coming out of college

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

JJ McCarthy at 13 would be amazing I hope the Raiders do it

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Jefferson is insanely good but I'm not sure most teams would justify trading 2 firsts for him given the recent hit rate on (most) teams drafting WR

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Dexo posted:

If NE passes on Daniels, and takes MHJr.

some team is going to make it rain on the Cardinals or Chargers to Jump the Giants for Jayden Daniels I have to imagine.

No way they aren't taking Maye (or Daniels if Maye got picked before him)

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

a neat cape posted:

I could absolutely see New England taking MHJ and the Cardinals grabbing Nabers.

They are def going QB

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Breer is a huge OSU homer

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

DickEmery posted:

If next year's draft is meh does trading the first not matter as much?
Could Chicago give NE Fields plus pick nine plus next year's 1st for pick 3?

No

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Clearly the planets we can see in the sky are just fake

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Dexo posted:

Yeah, I don't disagree with this, although in college I really don't mind a QB who tries to push deep, It's easier to reign a guy in than teach a guy to be more aggressive.

He's got some mechanical issues and bad habits, but they are all things that I've seen fixed before in the NFL. Which is why I love him so much as a prospect

I just thought the Daniel Jones comp or Mitch comp I've seen floating around completely ridiculous.

This same thing is something the Bears and mostly Keenan Allen I think are going to have to drill into Caleb, that this isn't 2023 USC, he doesn't have to be super man.

Yea comparing Mitch to him is silly, they are nothing alike. But they are both white QBs from NC so it's an easy lazy comp

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Josh Allen had terrible college numbers

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Sataere posted:

Josh Allen should be treated as an anomaly. Nobody who watched him in college saw that coming.

His completion percentage was awful, it shouldn't be that bad in college. It's incredible he was able to get it together even if it took three years

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

Mac Jones was a fraud his rookie year. Using him as an example of a team failing a player is uh misguided

Yes and no; they did give him no help and then the coaching turned to total poo poo. They had the worst WR room in the league the last two years

He still also played like poo poo on his own too

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I am going to be so mad when the Patriots draft JJ McCarthy 3rd

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Dexo posted:

We cannot as a community allow Sean McVay to get Drake Maye.

He can have JJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I would like one (1) Drake Maye and not a JJ McCarthy