Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i thought Verse was gonna be the first pass rusher off the board or did that change?

It'll probably be Latu from UCLA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I now want Malik Nabers or Brock Bowers in Charger Blue

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Michael Penix Jr looks a lot like a more athletic Tua to me. I think he's an NFL starting QB

He's got an extensive injury history. Definite medical red flags gonna drop him a bit

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Who has the best hands in this draft? Show me the slowest mother fucker on Earth, who is 5'5' 300 pounds, but catches absolutely everything that touches his hands. I'm talking 0.002 drop rate.

Probably Marvin Harrison Jr.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

MHJ is going to drop to the Chargers and I’m going to be livid.

There's no chance in hell

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Abugadu posted:

Yeah, but lots of teams needing a QB, in a talented QB class, with lots of first round grades... Would not surprise me if 1-4 were QBs with AZ trading out.

I'd never stop laughing

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Benne posted:

Begging goons to watch college football before January

They never will.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Benne posted:

Well the playoff games are played in lovely NFL stadiums that completely strip away the joy and chaos of a student section going apeshit on Saturdays, so that doesn't help. This is nowhere close to the authentic college football experience.

RIP Pac 12 After Dark in Pullman

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Penix is going top 15.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Nah, he needs to fall a bit so he can go back home.

Denver sitting there at 12 is gonna pull the trigger

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Payton is pretty particular about what he wants in a QB, really depends on whether he things Penix fits his system.

If he passes, the Raiders are at 13

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Penix is from Tampa.

Bo Nix in pewter

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Benne posted:

It's just kinda silly to make any hard predictions before the Combine, when teams get the medicals that will tell the real story on Penix's trajectory.

Yeah fair.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Please give Nabers to Justin Herbert

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

shyduck posted:

can't miss with a usc quarterback

We still doing this?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I think Alt is gone by 5 to the Chargers if they decide they don't want Brock Bowers.

if Harbaugh is the Chargers coach they're 100% taking Alt

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Ross why are so many drafts mocking TE Bowers to the chargers instead of WR Nabers?

Does California have a moratorium on wr with speed???

The Chargers have had a major need at TE since Gates retired.

No one knows what the Chargers will do because they have no GM or anything, so who knows. I wouldn't be mad with Nabers or Bowers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I think Herbert to Bowers would be pretty drat great

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i feel like the main reason not to draft a TE in the top 10 is bc largely it's an undervalued position in the draft so by taking a TE that high you're potentially out of the running for a lot of the best O-lineman, Receivers, QBs, and DEs who are perhaps over-valued positions in the draft.

More to the point for the Chargers, they've got a lot of loving needs and TE is not in the top 3 so why take one when they can get a premium guy at any positions besides like QB at that spot and still be able to take an extremely good TE in the 2nd round?

There's not a CB or DT or C or RB or LB worth taking at 5.

So for needs with a player worth taking that high, you've got RT, WR, TE, and DE.

I'd be fine taking Bowers at TE

I'd be fine taking Nabers at WR

I'd be fine taking Latu at DE

I'd be fine taking Alt at OT

I'd be fine trading down unless MHJ is on the board.

The Chargers will have to try real loving hard to screw this pick up for me

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Is Slater moving from LT or would Alt be the new RT?

I think I agree with that assessment of the prospects except for Latu at DE. I really like Latu and what he did in his two years at UCLA is very nice. But it kind of feels like he’s maybe at his ceiling and I’m scared of his injury history. I just don’t think he’s on the same prospect level as like Nabers is for WR.

Alt would be the RT. Slater is already an elite NFL left tackle, so moving him seems dumb.

And for the record, Relentlessboredomm, I agree with you in that if I was in charge, Nabers or Trading Down would be the choice. Herbert with a deep threat like Nabers would have me in some kind of mood.

But if they take Bowers, or Alt, or Latu, I'm not going to be upset. It still fills a glaring hole and they should still be great.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I recognize that there are still coaches to be hired, but I have a hard time seeing the top four picks being anything other than the three QBs and MHJ.

Even if the teams currently 1-4 don’t want one of the QBs or MHJ, it seems like they’d easily trade down to a team that does.

I feel like if Daniels ISN'T taken in the top 4, the Chargers could potentially get a lot in a trade from a team like Atlanta or Minnesota that wants to ensure they get him

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Master Stur posted:

Pats and cards? Pats are dumb if they don't take a QB instead so realistically it's the cards. They may or may not bite but we're just talking about mock drafts or what teams should try for

I whole heartedly disagree

The Chargers have a ton of holes and give up the farm to move up a spot to draft a WR who isn't that much better than Nabers when Nabers will be there at 5 is very counterintuitive

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Master Stur posted:

That's fair I thought MHJ was considered significantly better than the other top WRs.

He's definitely the no brainer number one WR, but I don't think he's head and shoulders above Nabers. I could be wrong though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gatts posted:

I predict MHJ falling to 5 and the Chargers regardless.

In that case the topic is moot lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Master Stur posted:

Are you thinking the cards take a QB or someone else? If theyre sticking with Kyler then MHJ seems p obvious

They could probably use a tackle

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Is that Kool-aid he did that to?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I think they will.

1. It’s going to be a different coach and gm, so why would they care about what the old regime did.
2. A first and a fourth isn’t a lot to spend on a position.
3. Mike is likely a cap casualty.
4. QJ isn’t good.
5. Nabers is likely the BPA or tied for BPA, at five overall, agnostic of position.
6. WR is the third most important position in football.
7. Herbie deserves good things.

Who do you think they would draft over Nabers?

Bowers or Alt.

I agree with Mike being a cap casualty, and Davis was drafted in the 4th last year but his primary role is PR/KR and he's very good at it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I also still think QJ will be fine

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

What teams have drafted first round QBs back to back? The Cardinals and I can't think of another.

I'm not saying they shouldn't draft Nabors, if he's BPA by a large margin on their board, go for it. I just don't think they will still having a combination of Allen/QJ/Williams. They could save a lot of money replacing Williams and Allen with Nabors tho but I can't see them moving on from Allen yet.

I'm like 99% sure Williams is gone.

However, Josh Palmer is really good and will be probably start off as WR2 next season. Nabers would be WR3.

And the Lions drafted 3 WRs in the first in 4 years under Matt Millen

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Chargere are also very likely to try and trade down. But who knows what the new GM will do

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Got a question for you. Do the Chargers try to trade Ekeler or just straight-up cut him? This draft class has a surprising amount of good RB's as well.

Oh, he's done. This was the last year of his deal, so he's a free agent

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A Sneaker Broker posted:

A quick lil 1-2 mock draft.

Only criticism I'd have is that we desperately need a Center after Linsley retired

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Doltos posted:

I got it right about Herbert because big cannon

Herbert also has incredible footwork in the pocket and is very very smart

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Nah, Corum can absolutely run the ball. Blake "The Great" Corum.

He's already a Charger

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Left handed QBs look weird and I don't like it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Dexo posted:

Penix barring terrible medicals is going to go probably somewhere between 8-11.

Either Atlanta, Minny or a team jumping up infront of Minny is going to take him.

Minnesota is thirsty as gently caress for a QB. Penix is by far going to be their best chance to get a decent prospect without mortgaging their future(which they tried to do last year for Richardson) I cannot see Penix getting past Minnesota.

Anyone want pick 5

We're open for business

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers definitely need a center

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Thick JPJ is a first rounder. Can’t wait for him to get to the combine so we can compare his measurables to the great centers of the NFL

No shut up

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A Sneaker Broker posted:

He outperformed expectations and is probably the next great NFL Pro Bowl center. Sorry bro.

Yeah he needs to last to 37!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If I was gay I would probably not enjoy getting pegged